most overrated movies?

There's more reason to kill him than there is not to.

Also no they can't rebuild. Not without master. He was the only one with the know-how to generate power. That was what the whole chase was about. Also now their entire power infrastructure is exploded. And her people may have lost faith in her.

She respects him, throughout the whole movie she admires that he's as much of a survivor as she is.

They need master to make power, you can always have civilisation without power.

... So you ignore glaring flaws in thunderdome but he doesn't limp in fury road and suddenly fury road is the worst sequel ever?

Who says its a flaw? The power station blew up, but people will try to rebuild, humans always do.

You're implying that fo3 and fury road are on the same level based on my logic. This is not true.
No.
I said that, "I think that FO3 has its own merits, but that they should not have released it as Fallout 3. (I could say this almost verbatim for Mad Max:Fury Road)"; and that means that I could say that Fury Road has its own merits, but that they should not have released it as a Mad Max sequel. There is no implied relationship between the two. I didn't even state what those merits are. FO3, I thought had some decent work (limited though it was), on the landscaping of certain set-piece areas, and that's about it for the merit list.

Last edited:
Yeah...Mad Max is more than a generic action cinematic monster, it actually had stories and rather competent characters.

@topic:
Aside from Smaug, I'll say the Hobbit. What annoyed greatly about the film is that they spread a thin novel (almost a children's book) across three films. There are sentences in that novel that span fifteen minutes of screen time in the movies. Talk about butter spread over too much bread...

I personally can't enjoy watching most Marvel movies in general. Every single one I see seems to follow a formula down to the letter. This was even mentioned in Deadpool (one of the few Marvel movies I enjoyed).

I personally can't enjoy watching most Marvel movies in general. Every single one I see seems to follow a formula down to the letter. This was even mentioned in Deadpool (one of the few Marvel movies I enjoyed).
Agreed. In the end i still enjoy them but more narrative diversity would be nice.

Most of them are cookie cutter crap for the mainstream audience. The last Marvel movie, I watched was so fucking boring, I was happy when it ended.

The Marvel Netflix stuff is far superior to its cinematic counterpart. I would rather watch Luke Cage or Iron Fist over the Civil War clusterfuck and Iron Man with magic any day of the week.

Wonder Woman has a really solid second act but the rest of the film is trash.

Star Wars as a whole is the single most overrated piece of schlock to ever influence multiple generations and mold a whole industry into the monster of dullness it is today.

Star Wars as a whole is the single most overrated piece of schlock to ever influence multiple generations and mold a whole industry into the monster of dullness it is today.
Panic_Attack.jpg

Much agreed. Star wars is decent. That's all it's ever been. But the nostalgia for those movies... It's ridiculous. I like the movies just fine but if someone hasn't seen star wars... I don't know that I'd say they have to.

Could say the same for Fallout. Or Gone with the Wind. Or Game of Thrones. Or...

Nah, Star Wars is peak overhyped schlock, it reached levels no other dumb sci fi has reached. Matrix almost managed to topple it on peak idiocy but it got too pretentious even for itself.

Nah, Star Wars is peak overhyped schlock, it reached levels no other dumb sci fi has reached. Matrix almost managed to topple it on peak idiocy but it got too pretentious even for itself.
As far as the Matrix went, I thought their practical effects were amazing. Its narrative is by and large a lesser version of Dark City.

Back