Mothership Zeta released

Per

Vault Consort
Staff member
Admin
Mothership Zeta is available at Xbox Live Marketplace for some 800 pseudo-monies. Reviews and stuff to be expected. The description, for those who didn't already see it:<blockquote>A strange Alien signal is being broadcast throughout the Capital Wasteland, originating from a crashed UFO. Is it a distress call, or something far more sinister? That question is answered when you find yourself beamed aboard an enormous Alien spacecraft, with only one alternative – to fight your way to the bridge of the ship and secure your escape. Mothership Zeta takes Fallout 3 in an entirely new direction – outer space. Meet new characters and join with them in a desperate bid to escape the Aliens’ clutches. To do so, you’ll wield powerful new weapons, like the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator and Drone Cannon, and deck yourself out in brand new outfits, like the Gemini-Era Spacesuit and even Samurai Armor.</blockquote>On that last note, here is a little movie showing how many blasts of deadly particle energy to the face it takes to down a person in bamboo armour (thanks to Alphadrop).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZdTvEWzetU[/youtube]

So... should we expect a review of it soon? :)

(Although, I'm sure we all know what its going to be like ;) )

Just completed it...didn't really like it much. :(

Some of the holotapes were pretty funny, and the scenes where you saw the second ship etc were done really well, but the aliens were crap, the story made no sense (what exactly WERE they doing?), and that little girl.

Holy fuck was she annoying. ¬.¬

I am very disappointed. How come the Alien Blaster is much stronger than all the other alien weapons, even the almighty Disintegrator!?

This doing so low damage (though it has 6 projectiles per shot) compared to the Alien Blaster looks like they made it just to show us they don't care if we notice they made Mothership Zeta's weapons weaker compared to the existing alien weapons, because it'll kind of nearly destroy the remnants of balance.

Offtopic: Per looks so evil now.

Rufus Luccarelli said:
So... should we expect a review of it soon? :)

(Although, I'm sure we all know what its going to be like ;) )
Well somehow Per has to fill his free time no ? As a lizard it should be no issue to rifle through the mud of reviews so it can be posted here on NMA.

LauraJay said:
Just completed it...didn't really like it much. :(

Some of the holotapes were pretty funny, and the scenes where you saw the second ship etc were done really well, but the aliens were crap, the story made no sense (what exactly WERE they doing?), and that little girl.

I smell F.E.A.R ... somewhere ... cause SCI-FI and "PEW!" "PEW!" together make everything cool

LauraJay said:
...and that little girl.

I will not be surprised if it was another some kind of reference to Cormac McCarthy book, The Road.

This DLC is so ridiculous in every way, but I'm not really surprised about aliens... though I never think that they put Samurai Armour into Fallout 3. But hey, this what console kiddies love now, right?

Rape goes on....

Imagine going back in time and showing this vid to the FO1 or 2 devs. I'm 100% sure they wouldn't recognize anything Fallout (who would?). :roll:

This looks terrible.
As in this makes no sense at all.
Samurai ? In Fallout ? wow.
And here i thought San Fran didnt fit Fallout.
Compared to this, San Fran is Holy grail of Canon.

ive given up getting worked up about this stuff anymore. i still resent what beth are doing and what they have allready done, but ive just come to expect it now. hey maybe if we are lucky they will release DLC about about a time portal that takes you waaay back in time to lots of castles and ppl with swords and strangely stiff faces.....hmmm :?

Just finished it, only took me two hours. Well that was disappointing. It wasn't as bad as Operation Anchorage, but it was just as short and linear. On the plus side, there's lots of new gear and weapons, but after having a ton of fun with Point Lookout, it feels like Bethesda went backwards again. :(

how Predator of them to have a collection of trophies from all ages...

anyhow, sounds and looks as crappy as i expected it to be. i'm sure it'll find a niche of fanboys somewhere, but i do really think they've even succeeded in alienating their old/new fans. (no pun intended)

Also just finished this thing.

These last two DLCs; Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta felt like shores to get too, their main quests aren't enjoyable and in MZ you have to wander around a lot to get to places.

Its mostly "go there and do this thing, then come back."

I guess they boosted up the aliens' stats to make them somewhat strong enemies and it takes some time to kill them with their own weapons, only later did I realize I should have stuck to the gatling laser.

Characters are rather forgettable again like usual.

I think my version must have been buggy as for some reason the teleport platform didn't always work.

Going to write a review with Mikael on this but don't expect much positive response from me.

SuAside said:
how Predator of them to have a collection of trophies from all ages...

anyhow, sounds and looks as crappy as i expected it to be. i'm sure it'll find a niche of fanboys somewhere, but i do really think they've even succeeded in alienating their old/new fans. (no pun intended)

The biggest complaint right now is how most of the ship gets sealed off after you finish the DLC. There are a lot of easy to miss items, so you'll have to replay the whole thing over again and clear out the ship to get those things.

I think it's amusing how he blasts that samurai like 6 times in the head before he notices that he's being shot. Immershun?

TamaNeko said:
Just finished it, only took me two hours. Well that was disappointing. It wasn't as bad as Operation Anchorage, but it was just as short and linear. On the plus side, there's lots of new gear and weapons, but after having a ton of fun with Point Lookout, it feels like Bethesda went backwards again. :(

It was far worse than O:A in my opinion. Point Lookout should have been the last DLC, at least it would have left Fallout 3 on a better note.

Having only seen X-Box 360 in game footage (saw a fair amount of streaming footage) I hadn't ever seen that the PipBoy is a finite size and thus gets tiny when people play at high resolution. That's just fucking ridiculous and any PC reviewer who didn't complain about that is fucking retarded.

UncannyGarlic said:
Having only seen X-Box 360 in game footage (saw a fair amount of streaming footage) I hadn't ever seen that the PipBoy is a finite size and thus gets tiny when people play at high resolution. That's just fucking ridiculous and any PC reviewer who didn't complain about that is fucking retarded.

I noticed that in the video as well, but I play at 1920x1080, and my Pipboy looks nothing like that. It fills the whole screen.

Back