Movies you would like to see redone as game

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Crni Vuk, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Watching a few old movies I thought that some of those would make really great storylines for games. Particularly when you think about what kind of game we have seen in the last few years.

With games like Dead Red Redemption or Arkham Asylum and Arkham City I would like to see something like

It really was already a pretty great action movie, easily one of Kurt Russels best movies, if you like old action movies you should really go and watch it!

The whole premise of the movie would work really well with current hardware and gaming. A closed Island of Manhattan as maximum security prison with the player inside it. If done well and by a good team, it could be really a great game.

What kind of movie would you like to see as game? Or at least in some part.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  2. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Tomb raider
    Street fighter
    Resident Evil
    Silent Hill
    Far Cry
    Batman

:V:V:V

For real though, you know that movie with Will Smith as the superman hobo? That one would work. Also, Crank. Not that I'd trade Crank for a videogame version. I wouldn't trade crank for anything.

3. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Crank, isnt that basically what they made with Saints Row?

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Veteran of The Divide

Jun 6, 2015
    Hancock would make a pretty awesome video game
    Although taking no damage might bore some people

What about "I am Legend"?

Look familiar?

5. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Judge Dredd. The recent one.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. comscar

comscar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 8, 2009

7. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    There is a game based on the Thing, i even played it many years ago. Was pretty good.

8. comscar

comscar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 8, 2009
    I was thinking along the lines of an online coop type thing. Kinda like those starcraft mods or the Terrorist Town mod in CSS, where a player has to secretly murder everyone.

9. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Sink the Bismarck (UK, 1960)
    Turn-based strategy game with top-down perspective and stylised minimalistic graphics right here! Upgradeable ships, including crew promotions RPG element. ^^

10. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    A Dune RPG, done in a very similar way as Morrowind, with better combat of course.

Not sure what character creation options there would be, but you'd be able to join Atreides, Harkonnen or Ordos and as well as work various work with IX, Spacing Guild, Bene Gesserit, Bene Tleilax, Fremen, etc.

Have the bulk take place on Arrakis, but have hub cities for each of the houses located on their own worlds.

Another thing that could be done is choosing the background house when the character is created, which leads to unique events. Pretty much the best thing Dragon Age did, in my opinion.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Lately I've been watching The Rockford Files, one of the best U.S. TV shows from the 1970s. I'd love to see this become a game:

12. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Vault Senior Citizen

Mar 16, 2013
    The Last of Us looks like it would make a pretty cool video game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    That's a good list!

I woud like to add Running Man on that. Would be a fun FPS shooter.

15. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010

Pacific Rim would make a for a fun videogame, as long as it had mechanics like changing parts of the robot, harvesting resources, upgrading the base, creating or recruiting pilots that would have different synergy between them that would benefit one kind of robot over the other and such, like Xcom but with giant robots......

Attached Files:

16. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Hah. Nah.

Metal gear solid 4 on the other hand. .

18. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Knight Rider oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I like that movie. :wiggle:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    Movie into Video Game?

Well, how about this.

But, as a squad-tactics based FPS-RPG like the original Deus Ex, with multiple endings and a focus on story and writing.

However, I feel that movies themselves are hard to translate into a video-game.

If it was a BOOK, I would choose A Scanner Darkly. "oh wait, that's also a movie."

20. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    "Apocalypse Now" would benefit from an "Oregon Trail" travel system between importants locations.

"Screamers", based on the book "Second Variety" would make some nice atmospheric game, not unlike Stalker...

About "Robocop", it might be interesting to have a strategy/management game in which you play as OCP and try to buy out Detroit to make Delta City.