My Fallout: New Vegas Mods

Lexx

Testament to the ghoul lifespan
Modder
I don't want to open a new thread for every shit I am doing for FNV here and there, so I thought I will open one and add stuff in here, if there is something new.

Starting now:

Honest Hearts Letter
This mod was created to adress the issue with Honest Hearts item box at the end of the DLC, which is just there, without any fluff or real explanation. With this mod, a letter from Graham or Daniel (depending on who you support and how much you support them) can now be found on top of the box. The mod has no influence on anything gameplay wise, but it helps to increase Honest Hearts' atmosphere with adding further depth to it.

"I thank you, friend, for your help in defending Zion from the defilers."

Download:
- Nexus

######################################

Ulysses Clothes
My try at recreating Ulysses clothes. It can be found at the Wolfhorn Ranch and is available for male and female characters. Also this mod adds the "Eagle Flagpole" weapon, which could have been his personal weapon. The model file for this can be found in the game files.

"The day I set my flag down, it'll be over my body or over a nation I believe in."

Download:
- Nexus

Brahmin Variant
The Fallout 3 cancer-brahmin felt silly for me- It just doesn't make sense for me that (as example) the Crimson Caravan are traversing through the desert with the ill-looking brahmin we got from Fallout 3. Eating these cancer-objects must be a pain as well. Anyway...

This mod adds a "healthy" brahmin-type to the game, which does not replace the ill-looking brahmin. The more healthy looking ones just appear in places where it would make sence (i. e. the Crimson Caravan camp or other places like that).

Additionall, this mod changes the brahmin calf critters in the game. Instead of just beeing a smaller scalled model, it now looks at least a little bit unique (no horns on both heads, smaller udder and so on).

"Moo! Moo, I say!"

Download:
- Nexus

No Dialog Tags
This is a kind of experiment that I really had to do... Removing all the skill, perk and whatever tags that come in front of the dialog lines. It just kills off my will to test other dialog options, if it's possible for me to press the win-button right in the beginning. It's just annoying and blah. Still, I wasn't sure if it might be bad for the dialog, as it sometimes can feel strange if you chose a dialog line and from one moment to the other, the npc switches his mood towards the player... It's kind of a relic from Fallout 3, where the dialog lines are abstract bullshit that can convert everyone regardless of how bullshit the choice has been. So, whatever...

... Here it is. The first version of my "remove all god damn tags from the dialog lines" and I think it pretty much covers really a lot of the lines that are in the game.

I am pretty sure that I've overlooked the one or the other line, as Fallout: New Vegas really has a lot of text. If someone found a line with a "not fixed" tag in front of it, I would really appreciate it, if I can get the name of the npc and maybe a screenshot of the text. This will help me to track down the remaining and overlooked tags that might be still in the game.

This mod changes the feeling of the game *a lot*. Really. You can't simply press the "win button" anymore, you have to think again about what your character will say next. Also it will higher the chance for you to see at least some of the mainly really good written "fail lines" that are shown, if you don't reach the needed demands in a dialog, because I am very sure that nearly nobody is clicking the lines that are shown as fail...

"[Captain Obvious] I fight the good fight with my voice!"

Download:
- Nexus

Quest: WAREHOUSE WAR HOUSE
So, this is my very first quest mod for Fallout: New Vegas and my very first quest mod for a gamebryo engine-type of game (like Fallout 3, Oblivion). The quest is about a hostage situation, some NCR folks who come to rescue and a fist full of drugged up Fiends. What will you do in this situation? Save one group, save the other, save nobody, save all? Well, I personally don't care, as I wanted to design this quest in a way that regardless of what you do, the quest will be completed. If the outcome is good or bad... well, your decision.

The quest itself isn't very big, as this is my first one for the game. You can probably finish it in 5 minutes or even less, if you go the rambo-way. It's more about the story and the amount of choices provided to you, based on your characters stats and skills.

"We knew each other even before Baja. We joined up together to get into the rangers. Best troops in the NCR."

Download:
- Nexus

So much for now. More to follow in future, most likely. Guess I like to make mini-mods....

Nice job on the brahmins. I thought of doing something similar for my mod, but could I possibly use yours instead?

I using brahmins for sure, never liked the red sick looking ones

BReal said:
Nice job on the brahmins. I thought of doing something similar for my mod, but could I possibly use yours instead?

All my mods can be reused / edited / whatever, as long as original credits are given. I am not a content-fascist who wants to sit on his stuff, because it's better to allow other people to use it as well. Who knows, maybe something better will come out of it in the end.

Naturally you'll be credited. Added them already to my mod and I gotta say it looks preeeetty sweet. Gonna try to add some water barrels on them later :)

Lexx said:
BReal said:

All my mods can be reused / edited / whatever, as long as original credits are given. I am not a content-fascist who wants to sit on his stuff, because it's better to allow other people to use it as well. Who knows, maybe something better will come out of it in the end.
Hey Lexxy do you suffer on some kind of problem with your self-esteem because I realized you many times give your work not enough credit with blah blah ... people do better stuff ... blah blah ... maybe someone might do something good out of it. When reality shows that you do quite nice stuff :D

Feel proud man ! :mrgreen:

Dunno. Maybe I am just too much perfectionist, because I can see bad elements in everything I create. I can't remember anything I've created, that feels 100% good to me.

Tried already, failed at it. I've also worked on a new version of my city-killer combat shotgun, but it just doesn't look good in the game, as there are no animations and stuff for bullpup-design weapons.

Lexx said:
Tried already, failed at it. I've also worked on a new version of my city-killer combat shotgun, but it just doesn't look good in the game, as there are no animations and stuff for bullpup-design weapons.
I al ways assumed that you could modify the FO3 assault rifle's meshes for the 112. The City-Killer mod for FO3 was also good :D. What programs do you use for mesh/texture work? I'd like to see if I can't try my hand at it.

I am using my old 3ds Max 6 and Photoshop to do modelling and texture-work. But the texture and model of my city-killer isn't much the problem. It's more the lack of good animations for it, etc. And for making some ak-112, I feel not skilled enough.

Something else: I might need some spell-checker and maybe even voice actors in the sooner future. Right now, I am in the beta phase of my very first (and pretty small) quest mod. As english is not my main language, the text could be shitty here and there. Some native speaker would come pretty handy for spell-checking (and a few more for [good] voice acting would be nice too). I am kind of pissy about the voice acting too.... don't want to release it without voice over, but I also don't want to release it with shitty voice over.

If only you could be introduced to the Dobson brothers... they voice act for the RTS series Warhammer 40.000 - Dawn of War, and man... they are like an army of voices, it's impressive how 02 guys can sound like 100 absolutely different people.

Anyway, keep them mods coming because you are the pwn, that brahmin is awesomesauce.

Well I have an A-Level in English so I can spell check for you, though I will need to be paid in tea and cake.
I also have a mic and have done voice acting for a couple of projects. Supposedly it was the best thing in my second year group animation project but then again that project was a pile of crap.

Shame new gun animations can't be made as your city killer is great, tried reskinning it but got bored. Might try again. :wink:

I can do spell-checking and grammar checking as well. I'm pretty good at English (native speaker as well) and occasionally tend to be a bit of a grammar Nazi so ought to be pretty good at proofreading.

I am pretty good at imitating voices, etc, so I may be able to help with voice acting. But it may be shitty. Let me know if you need some help, though-- if you tell me what sort of voice you need I can send you a sample or something if you need help.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone attempt to make a quest with voice-acting for any of these games (at least not any worth getting).

I tried to fiddle with the GECK and didn't accomplish much (managed to add a DT reduction to Flamer Fuel because hey, it's fire).

Wouldn't be opposed to contributing to this, provided that you'd need someone with an irritating voice and the ability to say the most ridiculous things without laughing.

Little Robot said:
I am pretty good at imitating voices, etc, so I may be able to help with voice acting. But it may be shitty. Let me know if you need some help, though-- if you tell me what sort of voice you need I can send you a sample or something if you need help.

This

Faceless_Stranger said:
Also adept at the english language, and I can do some ominous voices if need be :mrgreen:

and this

Consider that both posts apply to me as well, I'm ready if you need Lexx :D

People haven't really done voice work for Fallout 3 or Oblivion very much because Beth broke their construction kit's lip synch software when they "patched" it around the same time when Shivering Isles came out.
I think it's fixed now, a couple of mods out there do have voice acting but most of them are companion mods which are sorta meh.

NMA voice trials'll be fun.

Also you forgot to post your combat armour mk I fix Lexx.

Yeh, my combat armor stuff is includet in the official community patch already, so I thought it's not needed anymore to be named here (plus some other stuff I have done, which already has a thread in here too).

Some question from me to other people: Does someone know, if it's possible to export (and maybe import) text strings from the game / modfile? Would make text editing for spell-checkers, etc. more easy. Right now it's either giving out the whole mod file or copy&pasting everything manually in some text file. And the later one is something I really don't want to do.

Back