Fallout 2 mod My sFall Mods and Tools

redrumcha said:
I have tried your mods for RP on RP2.12b. However, there's some problem when playing.
1. Custom Skill Books and Josan12's PA Helmet Mod for FRP will cause crash at beginning when I try to "look" or run away
2. Endocore's Miria for Real (I doubt all mod with processdat2) will cause error when saving game (error saving game! unable to save game).
is anyone esle met these and how to solve them?
BTW the mods for FO2 works fine, and thanks for your great work

I will take a look at all those programs/mods,tho i dont think that book or helmet mod could cause look or run away crash,will look anyway,yes i have had lots of problems with processdat2,probably going to re-write the program,have been negligent of my fo2 mods for quite a while,no motivation

Anyway,thanks for the bug report

edit : reverted to the processdat2 that is included in the current MM release,tested it and didnt have any problems,let me know if it still has problems

edit : btw i have run into a fo2 bug that if you try to save over a save slot that has errored before when saving,it will error again,even if the files are alright,have to manualy delete the save slot

edit : unable to duplicate the helmet and maria bug

Nirran

Well, seems strange.
I tried again for that:
1. install fallout2 (US)
2. install RP2.1.2b with full installation
3. upzip FRP Skill Books, copy all files to fallout folder, overwhrite exsit files.
4. run game
A crush came out after few seconds without doing anything.
Is there anything wrong?

Thanks all the same

edit:
I think I may find the problem
1. the FRP Miria and FRP Long Haired Vic have no "critters.lst" in it, that will make save game inpossible. I use the file in FRP T-800 mod and sucess in saving game
2. the GL_Replace_Books.int in "FRP Skill Books" will cause game crush, I delete it and the game seems be OK now.

redrumcha said:
Thanks all the same

edit:
I think I may find the problem
1. the FRP Miria and FRP Long Haired Vic have no "critters.lst" in it, that will make save game inpossible. I use the file in FRP T-800 mod and sucess in saving game
2. the GL_Replace_Books.int in "FRP Skill Books" will cause game crush, I delete it and the game seems be OK now.

thank you(not all that awake yet),in testing i loaded my frp with my mods install and did not check the files,i have corrected the 2 files and it is uploading now

Thanks Again

Nirran

I also thought that the error of int files is because of there's no record of "GL_Replace_Books.int" and "GL_Pa_2.int" in "SCRIPTS.LST". However I try to add them, but the game doesn't work after that , I may use the wrong way to fix that.
BTW: I am a chinese player so it is 10 in the night now, I don't go to sleep yet.

I download your new files and reinstall them, they works fine this time, :clap: . Great job!

no any gl_ or hs_ script does not requier script.lst entries because they are handled by sfall,they do not need registration

very early for me,7:30 am

Nirran

Oh man.. i've already talked with Skynet and installed T-800 companion mod after that. I'm totaly screwed now?
I've exited S.A.D, deleted DEPOLV*.SAV files and set GVAR_SKYNET to 0 using F2SE. Now i see security bot
near robobrain but his activation fails. Installed robot motivator, bio med gel, cybernetic brain, checked using
science skill, activated using terminal, however, he's still lay around. Is there any possible solution to this?

that mod requires a new Game,sorry

edit : actualy surprized it loaded(the save) as party.txt has to be altered for adding party members,and it always invalidates the save

Nirran

the mod uses map variables that are created when you first enter S.A.D. because you did not start a new game,they were not created,you Will have to replay fo2 in order to use t-800

edit : fixed a bug in destroy_bodies script,could cause slow down on maps with lots of critters,uploaded

Nirran

Custom Books

Nirran,

I installed your custom Books mod and Weapon Upgrade mod on top of MM2.44

I tried to use an outdoorsman book and the guns book (both from Klamath) on me. In both I was given a message of a "-1" increase. I saw on my char sheet that my outdoorsman skill went from 22 to 23 and my small guns skill didn't move at 71.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

On another bot, does your weapon upgrade mod play nicely with the Weapon Redone mod by Magnus?

problem with the books mod was the ini missing new options(book.ini redownload a check for person tastes),added correct one and will upload shortly

i dont know if they are compatable,proably not,i havent tried to run them together,i will look at the mod right now,and see what it does

edit : as the weapons redone mod is mostly a proto tweak,it should be fine if weapons redone is installed before weapon upgrades

edit : added global check to see if megamod is installed before deletion of any npc only weapon(deathclaw for instance,megamod adds a few similar),in destroy_bodies script,uploaded

edit : books allowed for merchants in Custom Books mod ini now affect weather or not those books can be placed in containers in Random Loot mod,uploaded

Nirran

After installing your books mod, I saw that in megamod.ini and randomloot.ini there is a flag for custom books being installed. I assume I should set them both to 1?

Also, something odd ... I opened a few containers in Klamath and the ones that are normally empty had combat leather armor in them ...

yes set them to 1

thats what the loot mod does :P

edit : added random book code to FRP custom books,now the books) added to merchants are randomly selected,uploaded

Nirran

Nirran,

When I install your books mod, I get black screen on the bridge zone out of Arroyo, but it is fine if I install books + upgrade.

michi

as MIB88 said,that is most likely because the item files for the books are being deleted by fo2 engine(happens on start up if the files are not set to read only),re-install all the mods you play with BEFORE starting fo2,make sure that all the .pro files in fo2 folder\data\proto\items\ and fo2 folder\data\proto\critters\ are set to read only,in that mod i added an outdoors man book to slik the merchant,if the file is missing black screen will happen because the map fails to load,it is the only difference in the map

All - the slow down bug has been squashed,i played for about 2 hours and killed at least 300 critters without slow down,that was with all of my sfall mods installed,and all my megamod mods installed,seems the sabbatical helped,fresh perspective,apologies to all i sought help from trying to figure the cause of the slow down

Nirran

Nirran,

I don't think so... I have tried a few times. Clean install, MM244, HiRes and Books, and Iget a black screen on Silk's map.

If I then install your weapon upgrade mod, then that map loads ok.

Michi

Back