Fallout 2 mod My sFall Mods and Tools

after messing with vs10 and my tools for a few hours found the right combination,these files should work on any xp+ windows machine

uploading now

please post any problems

edit : i tested by starting a new vhdd with xp and it did not require any .NET at all,should be good for anything more recent then xp as well

Nirran

fixed a bug in replace that caused erronius strings replaced reporting,uploaded

Nirran

Detailed installation instruction for custom perks would be nice. You say to modify strings in ini files, what exact lines should i modify? Game version only?

I tried to modify strings i thought were relevant and ended up with level 1 perks only offered to half the characters i created and started game with. Others could only have "quick pockets".

You say to modify strings in ini files, what exact lines should i modify?

the numeric values

not much to say,unzip the file into fo2 main dirrectory,then open CustomPerks.ini(with any text editor) and set the values to your taste,thats about it,tho while back i changed the timing of the script, that may be the reason the other toons dont have the custom perks,if that happens,wait 2-3 seconds and try again(opening and closing level up screen),thats about it

Nirran

Is your Miria For Real tweak useable in latest RP? I see you had a save bug, I think I have that, or maybe just not installing it right. The links for the Miria For Real on the RP wikia are all down so I tried yours. Games wont save still.

mobucks said:
Is your Miria For Real tweak useable in latest RP? I see you had a save bug, I think I have that, or maybe just not installing it right. The links for the Miria For Real on the RP wikia are all down so I tried yours. Games wont save still.
sorry i missed this post

yes it was written for FRP,try reinstalling it(and redownload),and make sure you run ProcessDat2 after install,it adds pro files to master dat,and those files are not placed in the data\proto\critter\ folder,on purpous(to force the user to run procdat)

edit : the reason the game wont save is because party member base files are not being seen by the engine,running dat2 will solve the problem

i am taking requests for command line tools,donno GUI yet(will some day)

also still looking for Frame Animator source code

Nirran

yo nirran my bro!

posting just to tell you the pulse rifle projectile works like a charm, i was so addicted here playing that i even forgot to tell you

fantastic job man :ok:

Nirran said:
also still looking for Frame Animator source code

Message Continuum...he was in contact with Joshua, the Russian guy who built it. There will be a lot of happy modders out there if the Frame Animator could be improved...especially us critter builders. I have plenty of suggestions... :mrgreen:

Makenshi said:
yo nirran my bro!

posting just to tell you the pulse rifle projectile works like a charm, i was so addicted here playing that i even forgot to tell you

fantastic job man :ok:

i actualy wanted info about processdat2 lol

Nirran

Taking requests for fo2 tools,i have never messed with picture format files to date tho,as a heads up

Nirran

Nirran said:
Taking requests for fo2 tools,i have never messed with picture format files to date tho,as a heads up

Nirran

Expand the Frame Animator please - more functions, better layout, etc.

.Pixote. said:
Nirran said:

Nirran

Expand the Frame Animator please - more functions, better layout, etc.

been trying to get my hands on the source code for ages,i asked Conti but they said they never had it

Nirran

Hi Nirran...I have a new request - a Tile Cutting tool. A Photoshop action was built, but ultimately the tiles need their own special tool. One in which you can -

* Load the image (any size).
* Add the Fallout color palette.
* Slice the image into tiles.
* Save the tiles as FRM's (with the extra 8bit BMP or GIFs images).
* Proper naming convention (max 8 characters).

That's about it...but if I can think of anything extra I'll post it. :mrgreen:

Note: The tiles need to overlap 1 pixel in each direction - see the colored tiles below.

023mastertilelayout.gif

I second that .Pixote. a tile cutting program would be real useful.

About frame animator maybe at teamx someone has the source though I only see the program there also you could ask Joshua after all he created it.

Nirran, will you ever improve FSE tool as I get allot of stupid errors that make no sense when I compile, or maybe the decompile is outdated :roll:

Is Jargo still around as FSE has not been updated in ages.

Only script editor I use atm as I am still learning.

Stupid op_ errors give me the shits.

Oh and frame animator does need a serious upgrade in features and general sexiness. :ok:

Timeslip made some sort of scripting tool for Fallout - people spoke highly of it. It's here in the modding thread, somewhere, or just check his website.

.Pixote. said:
Timeslip made some sort of scripting tool for Fallout - people spoke highly of it. It's here in the modding thread, somewhere, or just check his website.

it is packaged in the modderspack.7z on timeslips site

i will look into tile file formats,will be a while before i start,and no promises,i have never looked at pic file formats before in my life

Nirran

Hello

I had a problem with processdat2.exe. When I try to run it (after installation of Megamod), I had a message - "processdat2.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
I`m using windows 2000. Is this a problem ?

Back