Name a thing you DON'T hate in Fallout 4

Eh, New Vegas did it better. You had a bunch of scripted events that'd raise affinity with companions, your companions would react realistically to these events and you'd begin a conversation concerning them. In Fallout 4 it's just "Oh boy I love how you pick that lock! Wanna bang?"
And Danse apparently gets a synthrection simply from you entering or exiting power armour. Not exactly deep characterisation there, heh.

Oh! I remember something now. I really enjoyed how I could serve myself up to be made a dish out of for a Mr Handy.

And The Glowing Sea. I mean, it's ultimately underwhelming but the first time I accidentally walked into it the atmosphere and ambience of that place was just amazing. One of the best scenic moments I've ever had in a video game.

Oh! I remember something now. I really enjoyed how I could serve myself up to be made a dish out of for a Mr Handy.

And The Glowing Sea. I mean, it's ultimately underwhelming but the first time I accidentally walked into it the atmosphere and ambience of that place was just amazing. One of the best scenic moments I've ever had in a video game.
Yeah, Bethesda are still good at that whole atmosphere thing, the Glowing Sea is fantastic, especially with that sound design while walking around that location, actually reminds me of cities in 1.

Modding Community and all the mods that will come to this game.

Sure , it is still going to be shit, but I am going to change it into a bioshock 2, play as a subject delta and drill Piper and everyone else as thoroughly as I possibly can.

Outside of that nothing, NV is better almost everywhere (except bugs).

Fun fact, when I tried to skip Valentine and went straigth to Kellog's house the button didn't spawn. That means I have to go through this entire quest Bethderp wants me to. So yeah, at least with mods I can pretend it is not Fallout game.

They improved the combat, and I like the BOS scribe armor redesign. They don't look like Adeptus Mechanicus rejects anymore.

Last edited:
They improved the combat, and I like the BOS scribe armor redesign. They don't look like Adeptus Mechanicus rejects anymore.
For the Emperor!

I have been mulling over this topic since its creation and I have been honestly been trying to find something about this game that I did truly enjoy.

I think I did enjoy the animation to get into and out of the power armor the FIRST time, but after that it became a chore.

I do like being able to mod the weapons, but it feels so janky and whimsical to the point of being out of place entirely.

I really enjoyed Preston Garvy (joking)

But if I had to pick something it would be the large lone tree in sanctuary, I could not find anything wrong with it. ALL HAIL THE TREE!

Oh...

What did I like about it? I guess I liked that it opened people's eyes to how lackluster Bethesda's design team is.

Gameplay-wise...eh, the gunplay and crafting was alright. Nice to know ID Software haven't changed too much since Rage, although I still didn't like that game very much.

It did? I feel like it didn't...

Maybe not in the "professional" review circuit, but among Bethesda fans, Fallout long-timers, and regular RPG players, it certainly did. Just check MetaCritic's numbers.

Oh and...

Who the fuck gave that man award for writing? he's the hackiest hack who ever hacked!

For Fallout, most certainly, but he was on the design team, and did some writing, for Thief 2, which was SO damn good that it makes me wonder if it's the change in genre, change in company, or the passage of time that made him so shit in 2015.

Metacritic should never be used in any sort of serious way. Plus, it was bombed intentionally right after release because thousands of players couldn't even get into the game thanks to black screens, the game simply not starting, and all sorts of other issues. Metacritic's scores are the first thing bombed by something like that now, doubtful it ever recovered.

Metacritic should never be used in any sort of serious way. Plus, it was bombed intentionally right after release because thousands of players couldn't even get into the game thanks to black screens, the game simply not starting, and all sorts of other issues. Metacritic's scores are the first thing bombed by something like that now, doubtful it ever recovered.

So you are saying that the negative reviews of 0-3 are fair and just?

If I payed $60+ for a AAA rated game that did not work on the first go, I'd leave a very negative review also, seems fair to me.

If I paid $60,000 for a AAA rated vehicle that did not start on the first go, I'd be majorly fucking pissed off and I'd let the makers know by giving them a mouthful over the phone or leaving negative reviews all over the internet in an attempt to warn other people.

Where's all this developer/corporate blind love coming from? Corporate shills, that's where.

Last edited:
For Fallout, most certainly, but he was on the design team, and did some writing, for Thief 2, which was SO damn good that it makes me wonder if it's the change in genre, change in company, or the passage of time that made him so shit in 2015.
I am curious, does anyone even really know what his actuall job was with Thief 2? All I can find is the describtion, designer. But this could mean pretty much anything, if you think about it. He could have done nothing more but brewing coffee all the time ... testing levels, doing some graphic, writing the small stuff like names, copying texts and such, while the big stuff was left to others. The German wikipedia page says, that he designed levels for Thief 2 like Life Of The Party. And before he started his career in games, he worked as elementary teacher. It would at least explain, why his writing and quest design actually seem to appeal to an audience of toddlers.

I still can't believe that Fallout 3 got so many writing awards ... I mean ... seriously now ...

So you are saying that the negative reviews of 0-3 are fair and just?

If I payed $60+ for a AAA rated game that did not work on the first go, I'd leave a very negative review also, seems fair to me.

If I paid $60,000 for a AAA rated vehicle that did not start on the first go, I'd be majorly fucking pissed off and I'd let the makers know by giving them a mouthful over the phone or leaving negative reviews all over the internet in an attempt to warn other people.

Where's all this developer/corporate blind love coming from? Corporate shills, that's where.
... how the hell did you even get that from what I said? Those low scores are 100% justified when the game barely worked for a load of people (not including me, but eh, I know how to keep my system in good condition).

Also, corporate love? You uh, do know I've been writing a series utterly lambasting Fallout 3 AND Bethesda, right? I'm also a consumer rights advocate. I'd really appreciate you not assuming shit about me, thanks.

edit: Also, my point was that Metacritic's scores rarely represent actual reality because of things like Metabombing. Yes, it's well-deserved if the game is crap or doesn't load/has bugs/whatever, I was simply pointing out that it's not a reliable source due to the crowdsourced nature of the site. Jeez, people need to learn how to interpret and read what's actually being said rather than just assuming...

... how the hell did you even get that from what I said? Those low scores are 100% justified when the game barely worked for a load of people (not including me, but eh, I know how to keep my system in good condition).

Also, corporate love? You uh, do know I've been writing a series utterly lambasting Fallout 3 AND Bethesda, right? I'm also a consumer rights advocate. I'd really appreciate you not assuming shit about me, thanks.

That series is fucking fantastic by the way... Just sayin...

Emil used to be an elementary teacher? Hey, maybe the ideas for his scripts started as stories he would tell the kids before nap time? Like how Harry Potter started as stories the author would tell her kid? Then again, most nursery rhymes have better developed characters and fewer plotholes than Emil's work, so even toddlers would probably be unimpressed. Well, except for the Toddler. Also, how did an idiot like Emil become a teacher? I know America's standards for education are low, but I didn't think they were that low. (Also, Emil's pretty creepy looking. If he were my teacher as a toddler, I think I'd be pretty terrified of him.)

Well, he probably has a college degree, as someone who is working a lot with children right now, it's not the most difficult job in the world. On the other side, as far as I know, he had some serious health issues in the past and lost a hell lot of weight. So much to that. The fact that he is a shitty writer, doesn't have to mean that he is a shitty person. Who knows? He might be helping old ladies to cross the street and donating money to starving children. What do we know?

Back