New animations 2

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by x'il, Jun 4, 2009.

1. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    This one looks much better and the blood pools are fine, all it needs now is a splash of blood when the head gets blown off.

I have a somewhat related question; are new death animations possible? or are you going to overwrite one of the default ones with this custom one for this particular critter?

2. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    that depends if timeslip is able to add additional death anim numbers/letters for the numbers,if she can then i wont over-write,if she cant i will have to and it will be a specific critter(metzger),hoping she can,i added it to the wiki

thanks,i think this is o.k. too,going to try to make the splash in a 3d editor,don't know if i can,never tried 3d before

cheers

edit : is the box in this file the size of FO2 critters?
    Nirran

3. Alvarez

Alvarez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 5, 2009
    Depends, i used 3/4 size of a human mesh. I also upgraded the template with additional cameras.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QP5ZAYFI

4. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    these alright?

or should i do the bodies over?

Nirran

5. x'il

Mar 3, 2009
    ^The splash is perfect, but the body animation stops for a second in the middle and that looks weird, maybe remove an extra frame there and re-position the splash throughout the sequence.

EDIT: you could extend the animation a little by adding the first frame of the AA animation as the first in the sequence and then re-positioning the splash as i mentioned above after removing the extra frame.

6. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    ok,do it tomorrow

edit : started it,how are these to start with?
    Nirran

7. x'il

Mar 3, 2009
    ^They're perfect. :ok:

8. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    There was a head explosion animation in Fallout 2. There is much less blood, and the effect was more convincing...just saying.

9. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I've never seen that animation before.

10. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    Pixole your saying i should change the blood to that style?i kind of like the one i copy pasted,blood blood blood!lol

Nirran

11. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    No keep your design...I was just pointing out there was a nice head popper amongst the animations, its a shame there isn't one for every critter in the game. :wink:

12. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    yea would be awesome to create a Decapitator perk that makes every critter death be decapitated,heh way too much work tho

edit : how are these for a finnal?

Nirran

13. earthdude

earthdude First time out of the vault

May 11, 2008
    These look pretty good. My only comment would be that the blood pool developing after the body has fallen should progress away from the head and not pool around it like a low flow venous bleed might look (some of the side views make it look as if the blood is running along the shoulders, which looks quite weird to me). The carotid arteries would be projecting blood directly away from the body under pressure. Another idea would be to have bits of brain fly away. There are cases out there of the brain being lifted out of the skull and thrown several feet by a self-inflicted shotgun wound.

Regarding decapitation, you would have to come up with different animations for head blown off (as is case here) and head chopped off. (and possibly head bludgeoned off.)

14. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    Those are pretty cool Nirran :mrgreen:

The only thing I would add is a leg twitch in there... :wiggle:

15. Aqui

Aqui Guest

Hey all. I'm glad to see critter remakes are up and running.

I too have revived my years old dream to have a Vault 13 redhead as the hero character. Things are moving slowly as I only have enough to time to do a single set of sequences a day. But perhaps in a few years it'll get done.

Leather jacket comes first:

16. Hellburn

Hellburn First time out of the vault

Apr 14, 2010
    I like it very much! :clap:

17. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Good job, Aqui! I hope you are aware that Ghouly89 is also working on the redhead hero character? Check up with him so you don't do double work! Maybe a separate "redhead female dude" thread should be set up...?

18. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Hey Ghouly when we start Mr. Blackie I was hoping we can put a little team together, that way we can finish the dude quickly. I will have the PS actions ready, so that should help reduce that amount of work required, are you interested in being involved - it will mean Miss Red Head will have to be put on the back burner for a while. I figure we should all work on one armor type at a time - Vault - Max - Leather - Metal - it feels more satisfying to complete one set, before starting the next. All up there will be about 50,000+ frames, so its not for the faint hearted. After Mr. Blackie's done there will be 4 player characters to choose from, and the people can't ask for more than that.... :wink:

19. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    Alright, I'm game :look:

Just hate to see Mrs. Red head sitting on my computer with barely anything done for her :shrug:

How about a different FEMALE critter? :wink:

20. Aqui

Aqui Guest

I am aware someone was making a redhead critter based on the original blackhead.

If ghouly's making a vault13 based redead we should team up.