New Fallout 3 concept art

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, May 22, 2007.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    It's a bit too grainy to make out, dude.

2. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all

Jul 5, 2003
    What? This is as first-person perspective as you get, pretty much.
    What the hell are you talking about?

3. FeelTheRads

FeelTheRads Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 15, 2004
    With a bit of zoom it does like a little like the Power Armor helmet:

And also looks like the dude on the right has some sexy panties.

4. Turtlelove

Turtlelove First time out of the vault

Mar 4, 2007
    Ok fine, i'll use TOP DOWN instead.

All the the art feels top down, well, except for this one, it's just at an angle. But if the trend keeps going on... when we hit day 7 it's going to be an FPS screenshot/concept art holding a Super Sledge.

5. Terrasque

Terrasque First time out of the vault

May 10, 2007
    Not crazy about the painting. It was definitely intended to be a "photoshoot", probably to celebrate the armor-clad dude that the four guys just downed.

I like the first three pictures alot better. This one is okay...but not the best.

Now, I know I'm pretty gunna get e-jumped for this, but I think Beth is going to do a decent job. It's not going to be Fallout 1 or 2, but I have a feeling it's going to be a fun game with some awesome graphics. I'm pretty excited to see the fallout world from a different perspective, other than isometric. I just wish that Van Buren didn't get canceled, at that Bethsoft's game was going to be Fallout 4.

6. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    *sighs* Concept art can't have perspectives, and can't be indicative of perspective used in games. I'm sorry, it can't, and it's pointless speculation to say it will.

7. Turtlelove

Mar 4, 2007
    I already realized and stated that, common sense man, common sense.

But it's how i feel, delusional, vague, and unbacked, but that's how i feel, and i'll feel and accept the concept art in whatever way i like. HOPE.

So step down.

8. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    No.

Actually, with a bit of zoom:

Notice the shotwound in his jaw.

Outlined the face.

9. iii

iii Vault Dweller

Oct 10, 2005
    That dead guy is:

BLASTER...

10. Zeb

Zeb First time out of the vault

Jan 22, 2005
    My point was that not everything in Fallout was 50's style, which is what his beef with the clothes in the concept art seemed to be.

11. Turtlelove

Mar 4, 2007
    Only quoting that and nothing else? Oh come on now, i can't even think the way i want now? With a one word answer too, how scene can you be son?

Well, it's just concept art, so it's pointless speculation at best.

:]

But seriously, it really is too gritty to tell anything, but it does feel like the tribal power armour seen during the Fallout 2 loading screens.

edit:

Compare that to the head of the dead large creature.

-Flashlight at the top of the helmet
    -Pointed ventilation port (mouth area)
    -Overall large, non organic shaping of the head/helmet.

I'll do a comparison picture later.

12. Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW Mildly Dipped

Jan 12, 2004
    Wow. People should be banned for at least a couple days for saying such stupid bullshit.

13. FeelTheRads

FeelTheRads Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 15, 2004
    Did some outlining meself:

Now, who wins? :P

14. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    ...Those are shadows, dude. The top one isn't even part of his head.

Or is it this?

15. God is Dog backwards

God is Dog backwards Mildly Dipped

Jul 25, 2003
    I like it. Don't get what the fuss is about the guys posing - as soon as I saw that, i was reminded of the FO1 intro with the guy in armour shooting another guy then standing over the corpse and waving to the camera.

16. Turtlelove

Mar 4, 2007
    This will help.

Exactly, it isn't a part of his/her head, it's a part of his/her power armour helmet.

Glad you finally agree.

17. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    WTF?
    Googie architecture? Where where did they see googie architecture in Fallout?

Also, what the hell are those modern soldiers doing here?

O second that. They are doing the same mistakes.

18. aries369

aries369 Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 2, 2007
    I actually like this picture more than the others :) Real Fallouty sentience and ambience they are... Everything about the picture just says Fallout to and gives me the Fallouty feeling as well. I can't quite pinpont why it does thhat, but it certainly does :)

It looks a commercial from the 1950's with its bright sparkling colours, which btw, did get a comeback in the 1980's (of sorts) so it is no wonder that it says 1980's to some.

If you look very very closely you will see an invisible figure --- to the very far left of the screen. Now hat does this figure remind you of ?? Maybe something starting with V and ending with B perhaps?
    (thanks to the Fallout General forums for pointing this out :) ).

As for the perspective. it's anybody's guess... As for the guy in the armor, I don't know. It could be a supermutant or it could be something else.... something far far worse....

And yes, the four men in the group seem to be saying 'i'm ready for my close-up now, Mr. DeMille' as they clearly is waiting to have their picture taken to show off their hunted and caught and killed prey....

The group looks like Fallout Raiders group, too...

Very nice. Me like :D :)

edit:

As for the modern clothing etc. please remember that Fallout does not take place in the 1950's, but in a timeline that sort of has frozen the 1950's style, and then this timeline developed in its own way, apart from the normal timeline... And if look at say Ian's leatherjacket from Fallout 1, I would say that this & most of the clothes in FO 1 as well seemed modern to me, at least to me...

19. iii

iii Vault Dweller

Oct 10, 2005
    Maybe someone can clear this up for me...

who is this guy on that picture:

... its the Avatar of Gstaff... :?: :idea: :?:

20. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    Yes, because Fallout is totally about bright sparkling colours :roll: .
    Did you care to pay attention how the architecture in Fallout universe looks?