New Fallout trailer

Meh it looks very generic, Fallout aside. Taking Fallout into account, it's faithful to Bethesda, but still very generic.

I wonder if at some point the main character gets to bang that wannabe ghoul guy. Would that be considered interracial if ghouls were once human?

Oh look, another show i'm not watching because i got better shit to do than watch crap drenched in Bethesda bullshit.

This leaves me with more questions than answers, Like a trailer should. I'm gonna need a glass of bawls to think it over

Addicting+fearful+appropriate_64638a_11390993.jpg

her pipboy is on backward and her hand is phasing through her gun.

So they are doing what they did to movie posters now which shocks nobody. This is the Mega Man 2 box art debacle of the day.

Except that was the 80s, this is 2024. That backwards pipboy is hilarious though, nice representation of the care that the show will most likely get.

Taking the trailer into account on this and strictly speaking in a Fallout sense, I do think this poster gives you everything you need to know about the tone of the series. If you’re looking for the classic Fallout 1 and 2 tone, this ain’t for you. If you’re looking for Fallout 3 or New Vegas’ tone, this also ain’t for you. If you’re looking for Fallout 4 and 76’s tone I’d argue it’s still not for you. If you’re looking for Borderlands' tone, this show has you covered.

Last edited:
I thought I was a negative nelly but I see I'm just an amateur in this company. My wife and I will try it, meh. It can't be worse than Rings of Power.

I never played Borderlands...if this show doesn't have a good script I'll probably stop after Ep. 2.

Kind of looking forward to the grief posts you all are likely to make.

Taking the trailer into account on this and strictly speaking in a Fallout sense, I do think this poster gives you everything you need to know about the tone of the series. If you’re looking for the classic Fallout 1 and 2 tone, this ain’t for you. If you’re looking for Fallout 3 or New Vegas’ tone, this also ain’t for you. If you’re looking for Fallout 4 and 76’s tone I’d argue it’s still not for you. If you’re looking for Borderland’s tone, this show has you covered.
Yep, it's definitely meant for a "wider audience" still. The net just gets wider with each Fallout release, losing more of its original identity in the process. I wonder if this will entertain those who it is targeting though. I feel like the moment with the old woman going lol vault dweller was one of those marvel humor kind of moments which a lot of people seem to be getting fed up with.

To me everything about this show is just so soulless.

No one is gonna mention that phrase at the top?

"The world deserves a better ending"

No, it does not. The point of the classic games was that humans will always kill each other for whatever they want that others have. The nuclear apocalypse was because of this and the world deserved this "end". And with luck, something better would come out of it, but it was unlikely because "humans will be humans" (this was also the whole point about the Master wanting to turn humanity into Super Mutants). And the nuclear apocalypse wasn't considered an end either... it was considered a new beginning.

Not to mention that the world didn't end, not even humanity ended let alone the world... I don't know... It's just that in a small sentence, there's so much wrong about the Fallout setting that I don't anticipate that this will have anything Fallout related except a thin coat of paint (and I don't even mean Fallout as in the classic games, even some Bethesda Fallout seems a better "Fallout" than this series).

Really, I predict that the only way to watch this is to forget it's anything related to Fallout and just take it as a random, "quirky" post-apoc action-comedy series. Maybe even a parody series.

Last edited:
I find the release timing to be extremely odd. You release a Fallout TV series when there's no new game coming out or not even anything announced, and you do it when the franchise's reputation is kind of in the toilet given the last game that was released (Fallout 76).

I find the release timing to be extremely odd. You release a Fallout TV series when there's no new game coming out or not even anything announced, and you do it when the franchise's reputation is kind of in the toilet given the last game that was released (Fallout 76).
Could be desperation but it could also be that it has been in the works for a while when it wasn't as sullied and it's not until now that it is coming to fruition.

This show has been in the works for at least 4 years.
And 4 years ago we havent been as tired of Fallout 4 as now.

Hell, 4 years ago TTW 322 is just out and fallout content look just peachy despite F4.

Now, after 4 more years of Fallout 4, TTW332 is just, feeling tired and exhausted. We dug about all we can in the part of F3 content (mods) to transfer to FNV.

I was even, god forbid, contemplating moving on to F4 simply because F3/FNV is about too familiar for me to stay. And changes, even bad changes, is looking more and more attractive.

Fallout interest is about as low as it get, I think, judging from where I sit as a longtime gamer and modder.

Back