New Vegas debut trailer

I've noticed a lot of rage over the music. It kind of amounts to, "God Damnit, if it isn't Mark Morgan, fuck it!" Annoys me, but oh well.

I'm waiting till next Monday when the OXM article debuts.

About the music, I'm going to play a little of a devil's advocate here. I know that the game will most probably use a music in the vein of Inon Zur epic ones (and I certainly don't like it for the game. I prefer Mark Morgan's work), but the small tune at the is not out of place in the Fallout FMVs. It reminded me a little at the small part at the end of the intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PXiV95kwA&feature=fvst

And it certainly is in the same vein as the poseidon tanker video. You can't get a more "epic" tune than that one (start at 0:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9JZ353_Vo

OakTable said:
I've noticed a lot of rage over the music. It kind of amounts to, "God Damnit, if it isn't Mark Morgan, fuck it!" Annoys me, but oh well.

No one mentioned Mark Morgan in this thread.

The comments were mostly about Inon Zur, and in a negative way.
That, as a fallout fan, pleases me. :)

UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
The music is very unfallout.

Yeah, we should use the same music from the 90s games and never change a thing! How about sticking those outdated sprite graphics in there while we're at it?

Elhoim said:
but the small tune at the is not out of place in the Fallout FMVs. It reminded me a little at the small part at the end of the intro:

Yeah, it is. If the only examples you can name are a trumpet at the end of the intro and the famous tanker FMV which - honestly - gets mentioned every-friggin'-time in defense of Inon Zur...then I agree with the premise that in the right FMV there's no reason some epicness couldn't work. Like, you know, when a tanker leaves a dock for the first time in centuries OMFGEPIC.

Dude just standing there with flag? Less epic. It's this clumsy approach to soundtracks that has us worried about yet another piece of Inon Zur tripe. And justifiably so.

I didn't even use to mind him so much. Didn't dislike the Tactics soundtrack. But Fallout 3 and DA:O were so...friggin'...bad. It seems all he's able to do now.

WTF was that?

The same design as with FO3 teaser.

The camera starts with a close up, where in this teaser it's not a radio but a TV attached, for some reason, to a robot which is trying to dig out graves with its usless claws. It ends with some dude watching behind himself like he spotted the camera. The music goes the same, but actually in FO3 I heard it properly and it made me somehow hyped.

And Perlman at the end "War...war neve..."
I was like
"Ohhh, for fucks sake! They've done it again."
Alright, alright, we know it's a fallout game (in the tittle only), but c'mon!.

The NCR flag and the NY look-alike city in the background only are the only things that tease me to see some actual gameplay.

Myron Rolle said:
Elhoim said:
but the small tune at the is not out of place in the Fallout FMVs. It reminded me a little at the small part at the end of the intro:

Yeah, it is. If the only examples you can name are a trumpet at the end of the intro and the famous tanker FMV which - honestly - gets mentioned every-friggin'-time in defense of Inon Zur...then I agree with the premise that in the right FMV there's no reason some epicness couldn't work. Like, you know, when a tanker leaves a dock for the first time in centuries OMFGEPIC.

Dude just standing there with flag? Less epic. It's this clumsy approach to soundtracks that has us worried about yet another piece of Inon Zur tripe. And justifiably so.

I didn't even use to mind him so much. Didn't dislike the Tactics soundtrack. But Fallout 3 and DA:O were so...friggin'...bad. It seems all he's able to do now.

Just to clarify... I don't defending Inon Zur at all, I really don't like his approach to the ambient music of Fallout. And yeah, we will most likely see the same type of music in FO:NV. It was just that the teaser reminded me of those two videos.

I think that Bear on flag have two heads just like it should, and this thing on left isn`t probably a Vault. To big entrance.

metalboss44 said:
UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
The music is very unfallout.

Yeah, we should use the same music from the 90s games and never change a thing! How about sticking those outdated sprite graphics in there while we're at it?
I've got a better idea- how about they instead make some new tracks that FIT Fallout? Sounds drastic?
I know I'm asking for much, but hey, miracles do happen, right?

Can't wait to see what creatures are gonna be added. I hope they don't just copy & paste the ones from Fallout 3.

Inon Zur's soundtrack for FOT was decent.

Also, people, it's a teaser. Likely, the music is done for the teaser (and it's not out of the question that it's the CGI studios' own track) and the teaser only.

Yeah, I doubt that the composer of the actual game has something to do with the CGI associated music. It's the same as in the FO1/2 cinematics - or was it also Morgan doing that?

Back