NFL 2012 !!

God damn it, it's not enough that the NFL 2011 always remains the odd yellow highligted one when i update on all the other threads that i actually care about. Can this be merged or something?

No. We have a new thread every NFL season. This one is a little oddly timed, but hey, right before free agency!

Redskins: If this loss of 36 million happens they can split it however they want over the next two seasons, which should allow them some breathing room for RGIII support. I think it's expected that they'll be in the pack for Vincent Jackson, but he might ask for 12 million/year. London Fletcher is the other priority, as is a safety now that they cut Atogwe.

I'm hoping they can resign Hightower if the price is right, Helu and Royster probably can't carry the load themselves.

Guiltyofbeingtrite said:
Redskins: If this loss of 36 million happens they can split it however they want over the next two seasons
Nope, they have to take the entire hit in one year. Which means they'll fight it this year, and then eat crow next year.

V-Jax to Tampa, looks like. Also Bears trade with Philbins to reunite Marshall with Cutler in Chicago.

It's all happening fast and furious! Except in Green Bay, of course.

does 2 thirds for marshall seem firesale low to anybody else, or am I crazy?

I mean, they gave up 2 seconds for him.
I wonder how nutty he was getting down there, or if they somehow need the cap.

UniversalWolf said:
It's all happening fast and furious! Except in Green Bay, of course.
That usually leads to overpaying. Plenty of teams do fine without the big splash FA. Look how the Giants completely opted out of the best FA class evar last year, ended up losing starters, and won it all. Meanwhile the Eagles...

eom said:
does 2 thirds for marshall seem firesale low to anybody else, or am I crazy?
Well, considering that he's already in trouble again...and was when the trade was made...

Make up your mind already, stupid Peyton Manning! He's holding up the whole process.

Anybody bother to find out if he's actually healthy/durable enough to play? Peyton is a long way aways from 2004.

March a quiet month for fans of Giants, Steelers, Packers, Pats.

DammitBoy said:
I'm going with the Broncos.
Why would he want to be Tebow's backup?

I confess to stealing that line from a poster on another forum.

Flynn to the Seagulls! BN will be overjoyed.

What is wrong with Miami? It'd be funny if some other team traded up to grab Tannehill before the Phins could draft him.

UniversalWolf said:

Not unhappy. We're paying him pretty much low-starter money, so it's a good contract. 3 years 26M/10M guaranteed. Hella manageable.

UniversalWolf said:

What is wrong with Miami? It'd be funny if some other team traded up to grab Tannehill before the Phins could draft him.
The Browns and Dolphins have some major problems now. They're basically in on Tannehill, or they're fucked. And whoever loses that may as well throw his hands up and go "Well that's that then", because they're not doing anything next season.

UniversalWolf said:
DammitBoy said:
I'm going with the Broncos.

If I was Tebow, I'd love to be 2nd string to Peyton until his neck snapped. But, I think the Broncos will trade Tebow if they get Peyton.

I'd sure have a good back-up QB if Peyton was my QB though. No way I'm drafting him in fantasy football.

crying-tebow-300x203.jpg

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahah 49ers.

Bwaahaahahahahahahahahahhahhahahaha Titans.

Lolololololololololololol Dolphins.

Sander said:
UniversalWolf said:

The Browns and Dolphins have some major problems now. They're basically in on Tannehill, or they're fucked. And whoever loses that may as well throw his hands up and go "Well that's that then", because they're not doing anything next season.

joke's on you -- dolphins just nabbed their guy, garrard.

probably just talkin' to flyn, manning, and smith the whole time to bring his price down.

ps

looks like we know which qb db's targeting in the draft, now,

eom said:
looks like we know which qb db's targeting in the draft, now,

I'll be going for brady or brees as per the usual - hey, who was it who beat you all season long in fantasy football this last year?

ps - post at asshats

Back