NFL 2012 !!

Cimmerian Nights said:
Buffalo has some great players coming back from injury too. When you get to pick in the top 10 every year for the past decade, you can accumulate a shitload of pure talent.

Fitzy's good for putting up 4-bills on the Pat's secondary.

so's vince young

220px-Billy_Mays_Portrait_Cropped.jpg

Hi Billy Mays here for the Pat's secondary.

QB sucks?
Has no confidence?
Fans calling for his head on a platter?
Well, just call the Pats secondary. We guarantee career numbers for even the most abysmal hurler.

But wait! Order now and we'll throw in Brandon Merriweather at no cost to you.

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the 2012 NFL owners meetings is the salary-cap projections.

Starting with the 2014 season, revenues are expected to rise significantly because of increased television dollars and the overall strength of the game. What won't rise much is the salary cap.

After having flat caps of $120.375 million in 2011 and $120.6 million in 2012, the NFL management council told clubs Tuesday that the cap won't increase much in the next three years. In fact, the 2015 cap may go up to only $122 million, according to management council projections.

Although the cap numbers for 2013, 2014 and 2015 still can be negotiated, projections point to very little increase. The cap may rise by only $300,000 in 2013, going to around $120.9 million. Even though increased network television money is coming in 2014, the cap is projected to go only into the $121-plus million range.

If that sounds amazing, consider this: The salary cap in 2009 was $123 million, higher than what is projected to be in 2015.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7744901&wjb

Interesting. Definitely odd. I saw another writeup predicting 2014 would be fairly flat but 2015 would boom.

Bit fucked up a CBA if this is accurate.

I give it 6 months before tebow is caught snorting blow off a hookers thigh at a club in new york city...

Brother None said:
Interesting. Definitely odd. I saw another writeup predicting 2014 would be fairly flat but 2015 would boom.

Bit fucked up a CBA if this is accurate.

Well, I didn't actually read the thing, but I think the gist is the players borrowed against the next few years,, or somesuch thing.
is somesuch a word?

I always hate this time of year because all we get is endless analysis of the first round, and nothing at all about any rounds after that. At this point I'd much rather hear about the players who might go in the second and third. I don't need to hear anything more about Dontari Poe or Trent Richardson.

Hey Cimm, you might get a kick out of this. One of my friends is doing a series of videos called Connie Dugan Hockey Mom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY52FuR14qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIXDVFsKQ3k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCXRoMP1H0Q

Well done, it reminded me immediately of the old Shearer/Short/Guest SNL skit :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4122944961711350389&hl=en

With the ubiquity of reality TV these days, this kind of ridicule is essential (like how Colbert makes the existence of Fox so much more tolerable). That those guys were "mockumentary" pioneers so long ago speaks to their comedic wit and America's fascination with bottom dwelling inanity.

I'd totally buy a Beaver Valley Farms Cheddar Bacon Almond Roll too. That's like a breakfast food, right? I mean, it's got bacon in it.

Oh yeah, football: Saints - take your medicine like men.

I don't think Parcells will work out there. He's at his most effective by stamping his identity on a losing franchise, changing culture, douching the roster, bringing his guys in. That's not what the Saints need, they don't need to be coached up.
Give the job to Spags - unless you're afraid he'll make you look bad and take yerrr jaaabb.
I'm not fond of watching the football gods of my youth like him and Gibbs piss away their legacies with ill-conceived comebacks.

Parcells' exits are fucking atrocious too. The Ray Handley thing was a debacle. Bailing on the Pats after the SB, but that was made up for in spades when he hand-picked his Jets' successor, who lasted all of 24 hours before taking the same job a few hours up I-95.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5OFlPcEzbU&NR=1[/youtube]

Cimmerian Nights said:
Well done, it reminded me immediately of the old Shearer/Short/Guest SNL skit :
From the best ever episode of SNL, the Siskel & Ebert episode where they reviewed short films made by all the cast members. That one also had Rich Hall's Magic Shoes, Billy Crystal's short about the old negro league baseball player, and Video Junkies about the street kids addicted to playing Donkey Kong.

Apparently the Seahawks want to look more like an Arena Football team with those new uniforms.

Speaking in a Tuesday radio interview, Joe Flacco said he believes he's the best quarterback in the NFL.
"I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best," Flacco said. "I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. ...

eom said:
Speaking in a Tuesday radio interview, Joe Flacco said he believes he's the best quarterback in the NFL.
"I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best," Flacco said. "I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. ...
If Aaron Rodgers applies himself, maybe someday he'll be a Flacco-caliber QB.

that last sentence makes the whole statement paradoxical enough to blow up a robot's head.

eom said:

People are so damn dumb with this he's just saying he's confident in himself hell they had woodley on NFl network and he said that he thinks he's the best lb in the nfl it's the mind set you want players to have.

If he said otherwise, they'd jump down his throat too.

How'd you like to be the lawyer prepping for the Saints appeal when that tape came out? You're all organizing and strategizing, got your arguments and your plausible deniability lined up. Kill the head, kill the head, kill the head.

Does all this public flogging take place if GWilliams weren't an expendable scapegoat and there wasn't a concussion lawsuit in the pipeline?

I don't really care about the Saints TBH, but if this is used as the aegis to reduce my enjoyment of dudes getting lit the fuck up, then I'll be disappointed. Ultimate Frisbee League here we come!

Cimmerian Nights said:
I don't really care about the Saints TBH, but if this is used as the aegis to reduce my enjoyment of dudes getting lit the fuck up, then I'll be disappointed. Ultimate Frisbee League here we come!
That seems like just the kind of thing Goodell would try to do, unfortunately. All the concussion crap is lawsuit defense. Completely misses the real problem, which is going after knees and ankles. That's always been the hallmark of the cheap shot artist.

Frankly I can't believe anyone would be motivated by that Williams speech. "Yeah! Let's go take out Crabtree's ACL!" :|

Renegadexss said:
eom said:

People are so damn dumb with this he's just saying he's confident in himself hell they had woodley on NFl network and he said that he thinks he's the best lb in the nfl it's the mind set you want players to have.

no, it's the mindset you want them to have.

I'd rather have guys with the mindset to stfu, who want to be the best.

UniversalWolf said:
That seems like just the kind of thing Goodell would try to do, unfortunately. All the concussion crap is lawsuit defense.
I know, nice to see the league run like a Big Tobacco corporation now.

Completely misses the real problem, which is going after knees and ankles. That's always been the hallmark of the cheap shot artist.
Jeff Fisher's next?

Frankly I can't believe anyone would be motivated by that Williams speech. "Yeah! Let's go take out Crabtree's ACL!"
What's dumb is that you can lay fuckers out cleanly and still be excellent - Ronnie Lott, Reggie White, Ray Lewis. Three dudes in each level who are probably the best, did it the way it's supposed to be done, and wreaked havoc all over the place. But now that kind of play will be under fire and curtailed due to knuckleheads.

Aiming at ACLs is not even a sound way to tackle. Unless you're really good at it like Andre Waters.

Meanwhile, hockey and even baseball police themselves largely with unwritten codes of conduct that everybody knows about, where action X is met with violent and painful repercussion Y, and it's worked out pretty well for 100 years. The shit doesn't need to be in the rules, they keep their own sport honest and clean, and if it goes to far the cops get called.

Cimmerian Nights said:
What's dumb is that you can lay fuckers out cleanly and still be excellent - Ronnie Lott, Reggie White, Ray Lewis. Three dudes in each level who are probably the best, did it the way it's supposed to be done, and wreaked havoc all over the place.

Well yeah. But not everyone is as talented or studious as those dudes. Cheap shots and bounties are a way around inferior coordinating (Williams pretty much sucks, in my opinion) and players.

Back