NFL 2012 !!

Ryan Leaf, still learning the rules, attempts to hatch the ball.

52449.jpg

I wanted Mario Williams way too much this off-season. It's never good to over-focus on one guy like that.

Re-signing Marshawn Lynch, Red Bryant, Michael Robinson, Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan, plus signing Jason Jones and Matt Flynn... Hawks had a p good off-season. Some more front seven investments and we should be able to at least challenge the NFC West (I know, sounds lulzy, but the division is on the rise).

Brother None said:
I wanted Mario Williams way too much this off-season. It's never good to over-focus on one guy like that.

Re-signing Marshawn Lynch, Red Bryant, Michael Robinson, Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan, plus signing Jason Jones and Matt Flynn... Hawks had a p good off-season. Some more front seven investments and we should be able to at least challenge the NFC West (I know, sounds lulzy, but the division is on the rise).
No it isnt.

Brother None said:
He's a really good player when he's healthy, but he's been injured way too much lately to justify the contract he got. Even if he plays to his full potential, the Bills in no way got a bargain.

UniversalWolf said:
He's a really good player when he's healthy, but he's been injured way too much lately to justify the contract he got. Even if he plays to his full potential, the Bills in no way got a bargain.

Yeah they did. In two years time the new TV contracts come in and the cap is going to explode. Williams' contract will look like a bargain then. Hell, most of these top-end contracts will. That's why it is pointless to try to save money now.

UniversalWolf said:
Brother None said:

I don't think it's always about finding a bargain -- if he does what they paid him to do it'll be a great signing.

I'm not the kind of person who's always trying to spend somebody else's money, but I'd imagine the bills had cap to burn, and mario is exactly the player they needed, so what if they had to pay for him.

that line of dareus and williams x2 is lookin' pretty good, right now, and I think they need something to get the fans excited up there.

I don't think you can judge these contracts on their own -- it all depends on the context.

here's his deal:

3/15/2012: Signed a six-year, $96 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $19 million signing bonus and all of Williams' 2012 and 2013 base salaries. Another $4 million is available through incentives. Annual $500,000 offseason workout bonuses are available in years two through six. 2012: $5.9 million, 2013: $6.5 million (+ $8 million option bonus), 2014: $1.9 million (+ $10.6 million roster bonus), 2015: $12.1 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2016: $11.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus), 2017: $11.4 million (+ $3.5 million roster bonus), 2018: Free Agent

here is peppers:

3/5/2010: Signed a six-year, $84 million contract. The deal contains $42 million guaranteed, including a $6.5 million signing bonus, a first-year roster bonus of $12.5 million, and a second-year "signing" bonus of $10.5 million. Another $7.5 million is available through incentives based on sacks, Pro Bowl berths, and Defensive Player of the Year awards. Peppers can earn annual $100,000 workout bonuses in years one through five. 2012: $8.9 million, 2013: $12.9 million, 2014: $13.9 million, 2015: $16.5 million, 2016: Free Agent

they aren't tremendously different, and peppers is earning that money.
mario williams at least has the potential to be a difference maker, although if they wheel the same shitty run defense out there next year it won't matter much.

Brother None said:

I'm still lol'ing that you guys signed flynnsanity, but if he's halfway decent i think you guys have just as good a chance as anybody else -- I wouldn't underestimate the 'hawks.

I'm wondering if your division will really be any worse than the afce next year.....

The New York Daily News and the Newark Star-Ledger report the Jets have "legitimate interest" in trading for Tim Tebow.

Tebow to Jets would be too perfect. Frith, please make it happen.

eom said:
I'm still lol'ing that you guys signed flynnsanity

It's more of a tryout contract. The fanbase isn't exactly chomping at the bit either. It's nice coz he should be better than Tarvaris, but nobody is really expecting him to be great.

My quick writeup

EDIT: YES, YES, YES! JETS GOT TEBOW. This is so fucking retarded it's hilarious!

FOR A FOURTH ROUNDER! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cimmerian Nights said:
Sean Payton got spanked.

News broke at exactly the same time, yeah

1-year suspension for Payton. 1-year and then review for Williams. 8 games for GM Mickey Loomis.

A wonderful day of NFL news :lol:

Plus 2 second rounders and $500K. Yeouch! I'd say too harsh, but eclipses Spygate.

Jets thing is too funny. Was already a circus and now you bring saviour-boy into godless NYC with that media. QB controversy between two system-protected QBs who can't throw.
Dumpster fire. Great theater. Have to get NFL Films in that locker room.
Times like this make hysterical NYC radio worth it, they are crucifying the Jets hardcore.

I kind of doubt they're bringing him in to compete with sanchez --- sparano will use him in some wildcat packages now that brad smith is in buffalo, but just wait 'til timsanity brings them back in some game sanchez tried to give away.
good luck keeping him on the bench after that.

I don't see any reason buffalo can't leapfrog both those chumps to compete for the wildcard now that they poached anderson off us to complete that d-line.

ps

we'll miss you, benny..........

Buffalo seems to be in a pretty good place. But you know, can Fitzpatrick do enough? He's been pretty uneven.

I'd say he's somewhat more even than what the jets and miami are working with.

Buffalo has some great players coming back from injury too. When you get to pick in the top 10 every year for the past decade, you can accumulate a shitload of pure talent.

Fitzy's good for putting up 4-bills on the Pat's secondary.

DammitBoy said:
Why? WTF the Jets?
Publicity is hard to come by when you are the inferior team in your own building. The funny thing is, he probably has a shot at taking Sanchez' job. Going to be fun following rabid NYC sports media, it.

Back