NFL 2012 !!

The Cardinals just keep on winning. With Kevin Kolb and John Skelton at QB. This is confusing as fuck.

Sander said:
This is confusing as fuck.
This season has been really bizarre so far. There's always a certain amount of turnover, but there really seems to be a dramatic shift going on. A new generation of star QBs is taking over.

I'm not surprised that last year's aberrant passing number aren't being repeated though.

UniversalWolf said:
This season has been really bizarre so far. There's always a certain amount of turnover, but there really seems to be a dramatic shift going on. A new generation of star QBs is taking over.
Kevin Kolb being a star QB is about as likely as Jenna Jameson sucking my cock in the next three years.

Sander said:
...Jenna Jameson sucking my cock in the next three years.
Or for the next three years.

I'd written off Kolb as recently as two weeks ago.

Then you have sCam Newton, who looked like crap in the preseason last year, then looked incredibly good, and now looks like crap again.

Ponder looks decent too, although I still haven't made up my mind about him.

So...how 'bout them Seahawks? Though hat-tip to quite how terrible that Patriots defense is, especially the secondary. A miracle to behold.

jbGkK.jpg

Don't underestimate the power of the daaaahrk side.

How about Cleveland and their first win of the season. I think we all know who's going to the superbowl now! In all seriousness as a Browns fan I don't want them to win games at this point.

What? You don't want your team to win *any* games? That's...an interesting approach to fandom?

Also realize next year's draft might not have a clear #1. There's certainly not Luck or Newton to aim for. Taking Geno Smith 1st overall would be hilarious. Don't think there's much reason to root for the 1st overall pick.

You don't want your team to win *any* games?

Well I have been a fan of the Browns for as long as I can remember. We have not made much progress these past years so the best I can hope for is improving the roster by any means. I was hoping we would pick up Matt Flynn before the draft and still wonder what could have been. I won't complain when we win but, I certainly won't be too disappointed in a losing season.

How bout them broncos?

I remember before Manning signed with them I had a dream that he got signed by Cleveland.

:lol:

Matt Flynn might be available against this off-season, way things are goin'.

Also, Mike Holmgren "retired". So yay progress?

Ziegler629 said:
I have been a fan of the Browns for as long as I can remember.
Ouch. Rhymes with Couch.

I've never seen an interior d-lineman racking up sacks at the rate J.J.Watt is racking them up this year.

The Phillips 3-4 doesn't function much like a regular 3-4 when it comes to DL, and can be even more one-gap attacking style than 4-3 DL. It isn't that unusual for interior guys to eat up sacks in his systgem, though JJ Watt is certainly outstanding.

Watt reminds me of Keith Millard, who used to play for the Vikings and still owns the single-season sack record for DTs with 18 (from 1989). Millard was also originally a TE who moved to DL.

That Vikings defense also had a bunch of other good pass-rushers like Chris Doleman, who had 21 sacks that same year.

Man the AFC is bad. Like. BAD. Even the Ravens look like shit now their D is falling apart and Flacco is playing like Flacco. Just look at this, 4 of the top 10 teams are AFC. The bottom 9 are all AFC. There's only 3 AFC teams with winning records. THREE! That's as many as the NFC West has!

No doubt someone will get hot come playoffs but this, together with NFC dominance in the recent Superbowls, it's pretty pathetic.

It all comes down to quarterbacks, of course. Only 3 NFC teams have serious question marks at the QB position; the Eagles with Vick, the Cards with Kolb, and the 49ers with Smith. Meanwhile, the AFC has the Jets with Ryan, the Bills with Fitzpatrick, the Bengals with Dalton, the Browns with Weeden, Titans with HasselLocker, Jax with Gabbert, Broncos with an old man, Raiders with another old man, and Chiefs with Quinn. Funny how that stuff swings.

You have a point but, I wouldn't put down the Bronco's old man just yet. Other than that AFC definitely looks weak.

Oh, I'm not dismissing him now, but I am questioning how long he can keep it up. Right now the Broncos are one of the only good teams in the AFC.

UniversalWolf said:
I'm not surprised that last year's aberrant passing number aren't being repeated though.

This isn't holding up, by the way. Last season we had exactly 10 4000+ yards passers: Brees, Brady, Stafford, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, Ryan, Broth and Newton.

This season, Brees is on pace for 5,592 yards, breaking his own 5,476 yard passing record. And 16 QBs are on pace for 4000+ yards: Brees, Manning, Manning, Brady, Broth, Ryan, Stafford, Palmer, Rodgers, Luck, Romo, Vick, Flacco, Dalton, Freeman and Weeden. A bunch of those aren't going to make more than 4000, but I'd bet 10 of em will. Brees and Rodgers are both on pace for more than 40 TDs too. Brees is on pace for 48, which would tie him for 3rd all-time with Marino.

So yeah. The craze ain't over.

Back