NMA Fantasy Football 2011: Can You Feel That Hybrid Rainbow

Brother None said:
That's exactly what it means.

Man, Twinkie has 400 friggin points scored against. His opponents actually average about 132.53 PPG. Close to the same for SimpleMinded. Now that's some bad luck. Compare to NoName, whose opponents have scored 72.72 PPG.

I like to think I bring out the best in people.

I honestly blame Chris Johnson (and my not realizing how bad Manning's injury was in the draft of course). I've looked and every league I'm in, whatever team has CJ2k sucks. At least Jamaal Charles and Arian Foster are out so the people that picked them can bench them. With CJ2k, you gotta play him every week and watch him bring down teh ship.

Bye weeks are in, guys! Keep an extra close eye on your lineup, tough decisions incoming for a lot of us.

This is where it often goes iffy from managers so I hope I can count on everyone to stay in, that's always best for the league. And even when the playoffs become out of reach (they're not yet, for anyone!), you could still get a chance to knock my smug ass the ground. Worth it!

that's the advantage to having a lot of shitty players -- it's easy to make cuts.

eom said:
Guiltyofbeingtrite said:
I'm in a ton of trouble, The only locks I have on offense are Hightower, Moss, Mendenhall, and Gates.

oops

Ha! I forgot I actually said that. My team is in utter shambles but I'm actually having more fun than ever in a fantasy team. If I can scrape together a decent team by the end of the season I'll be more than happy.

UniversalWolf said:
Voting on trades is rubbish.
It is lame. There's really only two people who need be concerned.
Or are we really worried that someone will tank the entire league due to incompetence and/or spite? It's not like we play for money anyway.

Incidentally, I reject every trade without even looking at them just to obstruct the rest of you and to abuse the trade approval nonsense.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Incidentally, I reject every trade without even looking at them just to obstruct the rest of you and to abuse the trade approval nonsense.

That sounds like a very constructive approach. Fortunately, it makes no difference, since it's not a single-manager veto (even for me).

You know, this has been in place for every year we've run this league, and I do ask for feedback on the rules every time between seasons.

speaking of which, how does everybody think the roster size and composition is working out?
I think it's just about right.

I kind of like the weekend waiver thing, too.

eom said:
speaking of which, how does everybody think the roster size and composition is working out?

As long as my team beats yours, it's great.

eom said:

I'm glad we have waivers now. I think the bench is a little too deep, maybe shave off one or two players on it. As is, it's hard to find much on the waiver wire since everyone can hold everyone and their mother on their bench.

I, too, think the bench is a little deep. It means pretty much any likeable free agent is already squatted on, which can make bye weeks beyond painful. I don't prefer it this way.

The waivers have been working well, no advantage to guys who have to watch the games on the computer so can easily alt-tab to fantasy, like Sander and I.

the point is you're supposed to draft guys to sit on your bench to cover byes and injuries, and maybe even take byes into account when you draft --- plan ahead, don't create the league so you can just pick up arian foster whenever you have a hole at rb.

shorter benches kills off the strategy of weekend waivers.
for example, my whole team got wrecked right out of the gate, and I had the #1 waiver spot, but I had to really think through whether I wanted to burn it on the 'break out' players that became available every week.

if you put half these guys on the street I wouldn't even have to worry about it because I'd have a freely available carousel of players to pick up every wed-sun.
the point is to build a team --- there's another yahoo game where you just pick up a bunch of guys to play match ups every week.

edit: speaking of burning the #1 spot --- how is it some dude begs me for helu, turns me down for ingram trades, like, 3x, then puts ingram on the street so he gets nothing and I gotta burn my waiver spot?
if I had known you wanted garcon all along I would have picked him up and traded him to you.

etam:
as far as bye weeks go, we're all on the same level playing field.
if they're particularly excruciating it's only because you didn't plan ahead, or because you find it excruciating to make a decision on which of your hoarded players to put on the street and make available to the rest of us.
if we had shorter benches you'd just have to cut better players.

I made a lot of moves in both leagues this past week, and it was almost entirely bye week management.
I've still got problems to figure out, but it's that decision making that makes it a game.

I didn't get nothing, I burned him for garcon, which right now is a great swap.

edit: and of course he scores a touchdown just now. I have sinned the fantasy gods this year.

eom said:
the point is you're supposed to draft guys to sit on your bench to cover byes and injuries, and maybe even take byes into account when you draft --- plan ahead, don't create the league so you can just pick up arian foster whenever you have a hole at rb.

I concur with your well-thought out post, sir...

Guiltyofbeingtrite said:

Holy crap dude you've got good odds to beat me. That's just... embarrassing :look:

Brother None said:
Guiltyofbeingtrite said:

Holy crap dude you've got good odds to beat me. That's just... embarrassing :look:

yes! but i can easily see your three getting 8ish points and beating me. 50/50 I'd say. I have to hope Atlanta somehow shuts down the passing game, or something.

Poor Brother. Nothing beats playing someone the week their kicker outscores everyone in the league, and Green-Ellis has a monster game.

On the upside, it looks like we might finally clean ourselves of the winless.

Poor nothing, Gould is gung lead me back to victory.

eom said:
the point is you're supposed to draft guys to sit on your bench to cover byes and injuries

I know you like it, but you gotta find a balance with how much time you require from managers to compete. Sure, smarter managers should be at an advantage but it shouldn't be a complete hamstringing of those of us who just don't have that much time to invest in fantasy football, especially on a league like this one.

Back