No Mission Briefings or NPC dialog in Bunkers ABCD or E

i opened the file with winzip and inside the "mis-core_D.bos" file where the 4 mission files for that bunker.

the entire mis-core_d.bos is 3,6 megs not ziped.

Here are the files you should have inside:

bunker04.mis
mission15.mis
mission16.mis
mission17.mis
mission19.mis

If your initial problem is that you can't get briefings, it may be because your bunker04.mis file is messed up or because another file is messed up. The bunker04.mis file should be 317,915 bytes large. There is a text file that has the briefing which may also be messed up. Unfortunately I don't have that one right now. It could be campaign.txt but am not positive. I guess you are probably going to have to investigate further on your own.....

hitmanbabaros said:
jj86 can you emaiil me the bunker04.mis file.......{Beats me likes a baby seal "cuz" I am STOOPID!} it worked for some one else.

I don't think it will help you much because it seems like your problems are elsewhere. For what it's worth, download the mission here. Also make sure you install it in the core/campaigns/missions/core/ directory. Anywhere else and it absolutely won't work. You may have to manually create this nested directory.

jj86 sorry dude, not jsut that one file but the core one which is called 'mis-core_D'.

because that alone didnt help the other guy.

hitmanbabaros said:
jj86 sorry dude, not jsut that one file but the core one which is called 'mis-core_D'.

because that alone didnt help the other guy.

You don't need the whole file, just paste that one file where I mentioned. The rest of the files in the zip are other mission files and have nothing to do with the bunker.....

If you still can't get the briefings to work I will send another file but be specific about what doesn't work.

i tred it dude but no luck.
i also tried puting the file in the mis-core_D and still noluck

so narrow it donw. i cant speak to anyone in bunker delta nor can i speak to anyone in junction city and assuming that this problem is with all of the missions recieved in the delta bunker.

other than that, i speak go to other bunkers and its fine.

hope that helps.

I didn't think that was the problem. By the way, don't put the file back into the *.bos file. I will try to get back to you next week with another file but in the mean time you may want to extract all of the *.bos files into your core directory using Winzip. I believe that campaigns.txt or another file may be corrupted. this other file contains all of the briefing texts.

One last thing when you placed that mission file in the location I specified, did you go back to a save game prior to entering the bunker? If you didn't then it would not work. So you have to go to an earlier saved game.

i didnt have a save in the delta bunker so i had to start from end of third bunker and work my way to delta and it still hd the same problem.

even though i am hurting to finish the game i will wait till next week to ear from you.

thanks for your continual help dude.

You can try popping this file into a new directory within core such that you have /core/locale/missions/bunker04/Bunker_04.txt.

If that doesn't work reinstall the game with the 1.27 patch into the default directory. Use the largest installation and use winzip to extract the files from these files, where "xx" are the various letters:

mis-core_xx.bos
loc-mis_xx.bos

With a correct extraction, you should have two new folders under core named "campaigns" and "locale". These will also have several subdirectories as mentioned above. If this is not the case then manually create the subdirectories exactly as I have written them. Any mispelling will cause them to not work. If you are not sure of the directory shorthand I have used, I will send a screenshot from Windows Explorer. As I have mentioned before, you do not need the entire bos file but you need to follow these steps precisely. If these do not work send me a screenshot of your expanded directories in Windows Explorer so I can troubleshoot.

I have the same prob... I have saved at bunker delta does this mean i will have start a whole new game now? Oh well I will try these solutions and see what's gonna happen.

EDIT: Ok I tried the first solution it seems that most of em can talk to me now but the voices are not there (trivial issue), however the general STILL gives me a blank screen instead of a briefing so I will try out the other solution: Reinstalling and extracting the .bos files.

I suppose my savegame is toast in either case?

Dalahan said:
I suppose my savegame is toast in either case?

Possibly. Maybe with this issue it may not be. I'll see if I can check it out and try to problem solve the bunker. There should be a relatively easy fix.

Alright, reinstall with full setting done, patched to 1.27 and extracted all mis-core_xx.bos and loc-mis_xx.bos from under core... The directories are like they're supposed to be.

And no avail. My old savegame is still broken when it comes to delta bunker... However the first solution partially helped with this problem except for the briefing where as the 2nd solution won't help at all. However I may still try rushing to this point from a new game and getting definetely untainted save game.

Anyways if you have a fully working bunker delta you could see if you can fix the voices & briefing for us (briefings are a MUST and the voices are closely related it seems) afterall the "bunker04.txt" is a partial solution that works unconditionally. All we need now is briefings and we are done :)

I took a quick look at the bunker file in the editor and in game. Now when you say no briefings, does that mean you get the briefing window to pop up but its empty? Is there an exit grid? What happens when you exit then go to the location of the next mission, assuming you have a new location on the world map?

Apparently the briefings are located in the individual mission text files and not in the bunker text files. So try to extract the correct mission text file for the next mission - 12 I believe. Maybe that will work....

When I take briefing, yes I get a blank screen... Even at junction city I get blank screen... Also the maps for bunker and JC have no description so I got no idea what to do. I'll try to extract that piece you mentioned next.

Just to be sure can I have some info on how to exactly extract the needed text file, in other words from where to where?

I just found out something interesting... These are the folders I have under core/locale/missions. Remember that I have extracted all the available files from the .bos files i have already.

Bunker01
Bunker02
Bunker03

Mission01
to
Mission12

Mission24 (this ONLY contains the text file)

tutorial1
tutorial2

unique

Now if my suspicions are correct I'm simply missing a bunch of folders containing the briefings and late bunker text & voices. If someone has a FULLY WORKING game without this delta bunker/briefings problem it would be nice for them to check their core/locale/missions folder.

Let's see how this turns out first.

EDIT: I just noticed that mission01-12 have all the waw files and txt file like supposed to (it seems) I remember that mission12 was the last before delta bunker where you kill gamorrin (sp?)... This contributes to my suspicion.

EDIT2: I also add the list of loc-mis and mis-core .bos files here that I have. I also seem to be missing "mission18.mis" from core/campaigns/missions/core folder.

loc-mis_A.bos
loc-mis_ABCDE.bos
loc-mis_B.bos
loc-mis_C.bos
mis-core_A.bos
mis-core_B.bos
mis-core_C.bos
mis-core_D.bos
mis-core_E.bos

You could make a comparison to these as well?

Dalahan said:
Anyone? I don't want be forgotten yet :(

Yeah, I'll check it out later and give you a location of the needed files. You didn't mention loc-mis_D.bos but maybe you couldn't find it? Do a search for it on cd 2 & 3. Also where did you buy the disks? I think there may have possibly been a bad batch released.

Back