Official NMA General Shitposting Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I was in high school when 9/11 happened. I am 36. I could say I played Wasteland as well but it was 10 or 12 years after it came out and I died by radiation immediately.

I was in high school when 9/11 happened. I am 36. I could say I played Wasteland as well but it was 10 or 12 years after it came out and I died by radiation immediately.
I played Starcraft in about 2001-2002. I was young. I was in 1st grade when 9/11 happened. I'm closer to the end of the millennials and you're closer to the beginning of it. You'll share more thoughts and feelings with Gen X and I'll relate more to zoomers. I mean, that is, if you think generations are substantially meaningful. I don't. I typically think it's a mark of what major event changed your world. For millennials it's 9/11. For zoomers, I assume it'll be all the coronavirus stuff. For the next one, we'll just have to wait and see!

I am a millenial but because I live in a third world country and my mom was a divorced teacher I missed out on a lot of videogames until I turned 13 so my frame of reference for some things is skewed towards the later millenial stuff while my media frame of reference harkens back to Gen X stuff becuase my sister was a Gen Xer and loved stuff like Back to the Future, Critters, etc and of course Colombian channels reran a lot of old movies even then.

I played Starcraft in about 2001-2002. I was young. I was in 1st grade when 9/11 happened. I'm closer to the end of the millennials and you're closer to the beginning of it. You'll share more thoughts and feelings with Gen X and I'll relate more to zoomers. I mean, that is, if you think generations are substantially meaningful. I don't. I typically think it's a mark of what major event changed your world. For millennials it's 9/11. For zoomers, I assume it'll be all the coronavirus stuff. For the next one, we'll just have to wait and see!

World War Three is the next one. You are right about the catalyst events. My parents had Vietnam and the Hippy Movement. I do think technology plays a role since I was brought up on VHS in my early years which is something almost totally foreign to my younger brother which is in junior high. Those things don't play a huge role but enough to make people want things that others tell them they are retarded for wanting.

Also what's the deal with Avocados? To me they are simply delicious fruit that I eat every now and then because they make me break out in acne if I eat them too often but I see people online use it as an insult to imaginary millenial teenagers.
Avocados are kind of a semi luxury even if they aren’t that much money. More than tomatoes or similar stuff. “Elevated toast” became a thing that was supposed to be fancy hence the name. Its just avocado on some bread with herbs or whatever you decide. Oddly enough, a guy from California I know hates the term as he says it was what you ate growing up since that’s often what they had.

Kind of a gentrification thing. Something that others have always ate suddenly becomes a hipster delicacy and then prices go up.
I was brought up on VHS in my early years which is something almost totally foreign to my younger brother which is in junior high.
I grew up with vhs because we were poor LOL. Didnt have flat screen tv until 2012 and internet around the same time.

Last edited:
Class plays a role in everything including how dumb you are but generally speaking (generationally) most people could have afforded a DVD player. One of my poor black friends was still watching VHS when I had DVD. Also my younger brother is a lot younger than you I hope.

Yeah Morgans parents were spending all the money on crack or something or something personal like sex change therapy.

FF3COHAVIAAd-2w

World War Three is the next one. You are right about the catalyst events. My parents had Vietnam and the Hippy Movement. I do think technology plays a role since I was brought up on VHS in my early years which is something almost totally foreign to my younger brother which is in junior high. Those things don't play a huge role but enough to make people want things that others tell them they are retarded for wanting.
Man I had VHSs too, they weren't good at all. My brother is one of the first batches of zoomers and he remembers a lot of millennial-like stuff. What he doesn't remember is me getting pissed off when he'd continuously stop movies or rewing them mid movie. Shit would fuck the tape up faster and he just didn't understand at the time and I didn't understand he was too young to understand.

All anime from Studio Trigger is balls. They animate things all pretty (well most of the time) but most of their plots are really stupid and boring, but they do like detailing camel toes and butts so they are big with weebs.

Man I had VHSs too, they weren't good at all. My brother is one of the first batches of zoomers and he remembers a lot of millennial-like stuff. What he doesn't remember is me getting pissed off when he'd continuously stop movies or rewing them mid movie. Shit would fuck the tape up faster and he just didn't understand at the time and I didn't understand he was too young to understand.

m27850924769_1.jpg

I owned all of these. I really started to pick up VHS when they were going on fire sale when DVD came out. Our VHS collection took up twice as much space as my current DVD collection but I have hundreds more Blurays/DVD's than I ever did VHS. I first picked up Evil Dead because it was 5 bucks and was shocked by the tree rape scene which my friend thought was funny to mention to my mom who did not think it was funny.

All anime from Studio Trigger is balls. They animate things all pretty (well most of the time) but most of their plots are really stupid and boring, but they do like detailing camel toes and butts so they are big with weebs.
Haven’t seen their stuff but apparently some of their animators do live streams in the studio which is neat.

0845AF2A-1391-448E-AB69-49B7B6BD2A1B.png

Only the original [animated] show was any good —IMO.

The first few minutes of the live action Bebop was enough for me; I quit at the opening titles.

YOU ARE SO WRONG I HATE YOU NOW AAARGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen any animated show with writing that surpasses the original animated Tick; the art was cool too.

Back