Fallout 2 mod Olympus 2207 (english translation)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Keyboard Gecko, Jan 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Kaadovah

Kaadovah First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2018
    Many thanks.
    The Livos one comes from the Schwein's missing physics book, I guess.

Side note: I just tried using the finger with the ring on it. All I've got is poison and no ring. Did I just eat the whole thing?

2. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    Some more stuff:

1. The 8 ant bellies delivery quest in Rainbow was never marked as complete. I might have kind of messed it up by killing the other two main npcs in the arena and then finishing it after the conglaturatory speech from the bartender.

2. The notifications about the new diary entries have become meaningless by now. Completed map, arriving at the Renaissance, getting in, none of these give me anything new. Can't scroll the pages either, all I have is the list of who to talk to in NWO, empty space (missing something?), two Douglas notes, Zochkis' panel password and the bestiary entries.

3. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    How do I get a keycard for Olympus elevators?
    I have both Herald's robe and Seeker's armour (along with Doug's badge and his list).

I convinced Greg that I'm a new Herald and he told me to ask Doug, but I have no option (I stole his list, but no keycard).

I also convinced front door guard that I'm Doug and I need to rest inside. I checked everyone's inventory, but no keycards either.

4. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    Elevator keycard is seposedly somwhere in an underground compound @
    sunset jackals
    there are two different undergroud compounds in that location (but both on different maps) the
    ultra repair kit is either a quest reward item or in one of those undergroud compounds, can't say for sure

5. Alphons

Aug 9, 2017
    There's one under Loudmouth's room- with repair kit and last part of Jackal's revolver and one under barracks bathroom- with Perception Vader Potato and S-strain virus (no idea what it does)

6. Keyboard Gecko

Keyboard Gecko Olympus 2207 english version is out! Look in info.

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh man. I see you are doing fine, guys.

:

I'm not really sure about keycard,

maybe the place you need is called army headquarters, Douglas can tell you about it.
    either that or Jackals.

Whar do you mean " two Douglas notes"?

To other things - noted, fixing.

7. Keyboard Gecko

Jan 15, 2018
    To other things:

8. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    1. What do I do with the finger I got from the Jackals' eatery? Loudmouth apparently collects these, but he has no dialogue for it. Is it Hog's finger? I'd ask him but he's dead.

2. Does the Mental Block (or whatever it's called) perk do anything in this game? I think the only time it ever did something was to spare me from the dance of illusions in the Master's very own Special Flesh Corridor (TM).

3. Anything on that "every (potentially talkable?) random encounter is hostile by a default" thing? Did anyone else run into this issue? Any ideas as to what might be causing it? Missing dialogue doesn't sit well with me, but I don't feel like restarting the whole game just for that.

4. Does the C4 (or whatever that explosive was) do anything? Everyone and their mother are carrying it, but I've yet to find any use for it. Save edited detonator and canceller in (only after randomly stumbling upon them in the save editor, I didn't find them in game) and they do nothing. Dynamite works fine though.

Keycard is in a safe in Army Headquarters, you can get its location by either grilling Douglas about cool stuff he's seen (the answer here is the one where he talks about a military bunker he found under some random house) or by getting the quest to fetch Baraka from some guy on the turret testing floor in Olympus. Also check if you can't take the Herald's.
    Wait, was Seeker's armor some special item? I just used regular scout armor picked up from Jackals' front vendor.

How did you find the one under the barracks bathroom? I must've spent about a solid half an hour meticulously moving the cursor around and found nothing. I guess I failed some perception check (both in game and irl)?

I think one was that I can sneak into Olympus pretending to be him, the other was the list of things he needed to gather (which I forgot about because I was checking that on the list (the item) that I "borrowed" after giving him back his badge. As a side note - the list being enlarged to be readable by the simple virtue of picking it up in the menu is something I don't remember seeing anywhere (though it may just be a problem with my memory). Nothing else in the entire game does that either, I think.

I've finished the game, uncovered and traversed pretty much all of what's available to move through (the mountains on the world map have some weird collision that seems to not quite line up with what's visible on screen. Some of it's quite clever, like that little indentation that has Oasis hidden in it) unless there's some way to get to the other side of the river to the west, spent most of it set to hard in both combat and game difficulty (I just noticed it gives me more enemies per random encounter) and I've yet to run into a single one (1) Lumenier patrol. I've quite literally combed the whole map looking for them just to save edit the damn actuator in. I didn't even use the armor I've got for that, even though it looked really cool. The power armors in this game look really nice, actually.

Yeah, but what about the whole rest of the Radius that doesn't use power armor and might not have seen one in their entire life?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  9. Alphons

Aug 9, 2017
    7 PER if that's any help, clicked the tiles near the trash pile with investigate (binoculars).
    One of the tiles dissapeared and I could climb down the ladder.

If you complete Jackals mechanic's quest
    he gives you a recipe to make fake Seeker's armour from a leather jacket and paint. It has lower stats than baseball gear.

10. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    Another question to Gecko, this time about chimeras.
    According to a certain document found in a certain location, there were difficulties in producing female chimeras. Yet all of the ones you run into are identified as "she". The only other type is a "Queen". Aren't the regular ones supposed to be drones for the queen or something, and thus male or completely asexual (and so a mistranslation)? Or is it a part of the subplot, the males becoming so rare as in next to nonexistent?

Thanks, found it. It even showed me a hand icon instead of the eye. Is time of the day (or maybe brightness) a factor? Last time I tried at night, now I waited for the morning.

11. Keyboard Gecko

Jan 15, 2018
    That is super awesome question, I asked Rainman, he said that
    they should all be males, except for the Queens, who are obviously bigger.
    Will be fixed I suppose.

12. Likash

Likash First time out of the vault

Feb 2, 2017
    Found all 4 maps but the location is empty. Is this normal or did i miss something?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Keyboard Gecko

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes. You don't think so much hassle is for an empty location, do you? :)
    There's a secret door in front of you.

14. Likash

Likash First time out of the vault

Feb 2, 2017
    Thanks! I managed to find the entrance.

Does the game have an ending? There seems to be no main quest. Even Nevada had a main quest with a final objective.

15. Keyboard Gecko

Jan 15, 2018
    Did you ascend the tower?

16. alumoi

alumoi First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2015
    How do you finish the Skeet quest in NWO? I've killed the chimera stealing the cans, but I can't find anybody who can clear Skeet. Thanks

17. Alphons

Aug 9, 2017
    Just talk to Matt about him.

Any way to progress
    past floor 96 without slaughtering the tribals?

Edit: Just ran away.

Edit 2: Finished, I think I got the good ending.

@Keyboard Gecko any estimate on how many different endings are there? Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  18. alumoi

alumoi First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2015
    I think you mean Mark. I guessed as much as he's the current mayor, but where is he? I can find Daniel, Dan, Arsene, Sam, Juan and a lot of characters in the yard, but no Mark the mayor.
    Matt (and his brother Seth) don't have any dialog option regarding Skeet

19. Alphons

Aug 9, 2017
    Oh yeah, he's upstairs in the factory (stairs are on the corridor next to Sam's room).

20. t0rmentvm

t0rmentvm First time out of the vault

Jun 14, 2021
    Hello yall, long time FO player just signed up to post this. First of all, great work on the translation and thanks!

I've run into problems specifically with Rainbow Raiders.
    1. Can't complete Ant Belly quest, as stated before in this thread by another fellow, I have no dialogue option to complete it when I collected all the bellies.
    2. Can't complete the quest with the pimp and the guy who stands in the doorway outside. I have the dialogue option to grab him etc. but I cannot complete at the pimp. Or do I need to deal with this guy in another way? I thought I completed on a older save but then had to reload.

So it seems my Rainbow Raiders is somehow bugged. Save Editor also gives a "sfallgv.sav was loaded with errors. Position 384/396" Warning.

I do not expect to remedy this somehow, but would be glad to. Just wanted to ask whether one can complete the game without progressing though the two Quest Givers in the Rainbow Raiders Bar. I have older saves but they seem bugged this way too, and I don't want to restart just because of Rainbow.

Also: I am still too weak to kill all of the Army Base to retrieve the elevator card, is there another way to retrieve it?

Thanks

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1