Oxhorn: a solid Reference for Fallout Lore.

MrMattyPlays Oxhorn Juicehead whats the difference their all the same guy right?

MrMatty made a stupid video commending Fallout 4 as a near perfect game then regretted it a little bit, and he's no longer a Bethesda fanboy and became a good person (He's kind of a nice guy tbh...). He even made a video criticizing Fallout 76 which is much better than his fallout 4 video.

JuiceHead already knew that Fallout 4 has many problems, but still enjoyed the game.

Oxhorn is just a pure idiot and asshole who defends Fallout 4, (I also believe they called us toxic once...) Creation club and he's probably one of the few youtubers who defends Fallout 76. Watch this video.

I've got nothing personal against him or his fanbase, but I also can't stand his style of narration. I can't exactly put words on why, but it always sounds cringy to me.
The storyteller has a more concise style and his voice doesn't piss me off.

Whatever he's doing to his voice in these videos annoys me, and fuck does he drag out everything as long as he can.

I've enjoyed his content, especially anything that acts as a comprehensive overview of a topic (i.e. synths) that compiles a lot of information into a convenient video. But recently, I feel like Oxhorn and other lore channels have put too much focus on lore and not enough on story elements. It's easier to reiterate what you see in a video game or other media, but it isn't telling me if the story is interesting and what it does right or wrong. You may have heard lore compared to icing on a cake or cinnamon - a nice addition, but becomes a disgusting mess if the cake is all icing or you're eating spoon fulls of cinnamon.

Oxhorn called this forum toxic? And fuck that Creation Club. It's basically making you pay for mods.

This forum IS toxic. I don't know how else to describe a forum filled with idiots who make hating on a damn video game company practically a science, with the exact same regurgitated rhetoric shared between them in what is essentially an echo chamber. Not to mention how many times people who've come in and stated they still enjoy the Bethesda Fallouts and prefer them to the Interplay ones have been shat on and driven off the site using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

This forum IS toxic. I don't know how else to describe a forum filled with idiots who make hating on a damn video game company practically a science, with the exact same regurgitated rhetoric shared between them in what is essentially an echo chamber. Not to mention how many times people who've come in and stated they still enjoy the Bethesda Fallouts and prefer them to the Interplay ones have been shat on and driven off the site using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.
Then why are you here? You can always leave. I've only been here a little over a month, but like I've said before, I have admitted to enjoying both Fallout 3 and 4 and not a single member of this forum has talked down to me. In fact, a few people who absolutely hate those games have been very nice to me. Just because someone gives their honest opinion on the games, does not make them toxic.

Then why are you here? You can always leave. I've only been here a little over a month, but like I've said before, I have admitted to enjoying both Fallout 3 and 4 and not a single member of this forum has talked down to me. In fact, a few people who absolutely hate those games have been very nice to me. Just because someone gives their honest opinion on the games, does not make them toxic.

I'm here because this is literally the only place to go for Classic Fallout files or discussion. I'd just prefer to keep the hate talk to a minimum; unfortunately that's what this forum seems to be founded on because that's all people will ever talk about here.

This forum is NOT TOXIC. :lmao:
Only turns toxic if toxic people come by and are not ready for actual debates about the games. Or if trolls come by to troll and spread bait. :lol:

I have had plenty of polite debates about most Fallout games (Bethesda or not) around here. Hating something is not being toxic. Sometimes loving something blindly IS being toxic. I have seen worst cases of toxicity over the years in Bethesda forums, Bethesda Fallout games sub-reddits and Steam forums.

This is an old-school community, it's like the old "gentlemen clubs" (except women are as welcome as men around here). People come by, and can have debates if they can take the heat and actually defend their points. This goes both ways, classic Fallout fans also have to take the heat and defend their points.
If someone is easily angered, or doesn't take well to criticism, then this is not the place for them. We give and take, those that can deal with it will find a community here.

I have been here for a while, and everybody knows I liked Fallout 3, I defend it when it needs to be defended and I attack it when it needs to be attacked, I do that with every Fallout game, no matter who made it. And judging by the amount of "Likes" or "Rads" (as they are now known again) I have, I wouldn't say this is a toxic place.

It has some people who can be quick to resort to insults, but they can be counted by the fingers on one hand. The rest will love the opportunity to discuss and debate the games. As long as no one tries to change their tastes.
I'm here because this is literally the only place to go for Classic Fallout files or discussion. I'd just prefer to keep the hate talk to a minimum; unfortunately that's what this forum seems to be founded on because that's all people will ever talk about here.
People usually talk about what's recent in the Fallout industry. And to be honest, Bethesda Fallout games recently don't have much to talk about except negativity. Just look at Fallout 76, been released for months and still they don't get (almost) anything right... It's blunder after blunder, it's mistake after mistake, it's PR and consumer support right out of hell...
Unfortunately, Fallout always has few to no new things for people to talk about. Next time we will have a higher influx of people and content will be when Fallout 5 releases, and that will still take quite a while.

Last edited:
This forum IS toxic.
You think this forum is toxic? Go to a Bethesda forum and see true toxic. Just give one slight criticism to any of the Bethesda Fallouts, legit criticism mind you, and you get bombarded with people telling how wrong you are.

We have people here that like Fallout 3 and 4 and that's fine. It's fine to like these games. But going around saying they are great games with no backup arguments except "i liked it", sorry but you have to come up with something. And when people claim stuff about the Bethesda Fallout games that are either extremely weak or just flat out wrong, people will call out on it. This is a forum for discussion, not a place we should disregard valid criticisms just to talk about the good things.

Please tell me what is worse: A person that calls out things like they truly are and wants their favorite series to be better or a blinded fanboy that eats everything the company puts on their table and doesn't notice that the games are getting worse and then comes to defense of the company like they are being personally attacked? To me the latter is much worse.

Out of all the threads to talk about the NMA community being toxic why choose the Oxhorn one you could have made your own threa..... Hang on Oxhorn is this you?

You think this forum is toxic? Go to a Bethesda forum and see true toxic. Just give one slight criticism to any of the Bethesda Fallouts, legit criticism mind you, and you get bombarded with people telling how wrong you are.

We have people here that like Fallout 3 and 4 and that's fine. It's fine to like these games. But going around saying they are great games with no backup arguments except "i liked it", sorry but you have to come up with something. And when people claim stuff about the Bethesda Fallout games that are either extremely weak or just flat out wrong, people will call out on it. This is a forum for discussion, not a place we should disregard valid criticisms just to talk about the good things.

Please tell me what is worse: A person that calls out things like they truly are and wants their favorite series to be better or a blinded fanboy that eats everything the company puts on their table and doesn't notice that the games are getting worse and then comes to defense of the company like they are being personally attacked? To me the latter is much worse.

I don't disagree with you at all with regard to your philosophy, but that's not the behavior I've personally observed here. I've only ever, in all my visits to these forums, seen people dragging an entire business and "Bethestards" through the mud just because "omg muh fandum iz rooened, i hat dis gam, ur a moaron fur liken dis." I would never make the case that Bethesda's Fallouts are great; they're not. I don't think they're anything remotely approaching shit, either. If I did I wouldn't enjoy playing them at all, and frankly that's all I care about. If the game and the story it's telling keeps me hooked and I'm enjoying myself playing it, then the game is doing its job.

The games could be better, yeah... but then again so could Interplay's. There's no such thing as the "perfect game," largely because they're made by humans and humans aren't perfect. However, what makes a game "good" does NOT come down in any way, shape, or form to "facts," because that's not what games are about. It comes down to opinions, feelings. It's an entertainment medium, after all; if it's not entertaining you, just say it isn't and move on. Don't try to force other people to come around and share your opinion by trying to state your opinion as fact when you know it isn't.

This forum is NOT TOXIC. :lmao:

Unfortunately, Fallout always has few to no new things for people to talk about. Next time we will have a higher influx of people and content will be when Fallout 5 releases, and that will still take quite a while.

I am fine discussing any Fallout related without the need to mention Bethesda. And there is so much mods and spiritual successor that they get released faster than i have time to play them. I don't need to wait for a game that will only have the name of the brand, but none of the taste, that i won't play, and won't care to read or write about. Fallout 5 release will be a non event, just like Fallout 76 release.

Worthless videos, symptoms of a greater disease of idiocy and casualness in the gaming world. But so is 3, 4, and 76.

These Forums are Toxic. If it wasn't I wouldn't be here. I'm only here to mutate into the next step of Human Evolution.

This is how I know these forums aren't "toxic", no one is being censored here on NMA. Everyone is free to express whatever nonsense is floating around in their head, letting everyone else engage with it.

Dunno about all of you, but being able to express one's own thoughts even if they are negative kind of eliminates the concept of "toxic". How? Well, without censorship we who frequent these forums are capable of reaching consensus, unlike forums that censor "toxic" elements. We can work out the negativity turning it from a detractor to a neutral or net positive. Real "toxic" forums prevent that through censorship.

Personally I prefer to leave the politically correct societal fascism garbage out of any discussions of Fallout. Also the definition of "toxic" consistently changes as well is completely different from person to person. Therefore referring to anything as "toxic" outside the the strictest boundary of the original definition (Poisonous) is nothing more than a bastardization of the English language and the original definition of the word.

Simply put the word "toxic" is a poor place holder word to imply censoring negative content to prevent feelings from being hurt. If someone can't handle someone else calling them a moronic idiot, then they're a child and are obviously not old enough to engage with mature content like Fallout. (Looking at you Bethesda Forums, and your easily triggered zombies).

Back on topic, none of the "lore" youtubers I have encountered do any real justice to the Fallout intellectual property. Those I have seen adhere to Bethesda's wildly warped canon information. While some do back up a bit to pay homage to the originals, its quick and dirty. Personally I find the mindless jarring of Oxhorn to be tedious, all Oxhorn does is circle the topic like he's waiting in line to take a piss. Either get to the point or move on, people that are interested in the content don't want to listen to someone circle the drain for 30 minutes waiting for the actual information. Let's be honest though, such videos are only that long to make the video applicable for a monetary payoff through add revenue.

So was this post "toxic" enough?

Back