Project: BnW

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Xavierblazer, May 14, 2005.

1. Xavierblazer

Xavierblazer Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 30, 2005
    This mod is causing me much anxiety. I perfectly scripted a quest, no bugs or anything, and for some reason the whole map crashes and I cant load it up anymore. I lost about 5 hours of work today, and I have decided to look into the IANOUT engine to see if it is more reliable. I do have a small present to heal your sadness. I have uploaded everything I have so far, including maps, scripts, MSG files, artwork, EXE file, a bunch of random files, and whatever else I threw in there.

http://www.xavierblazer.com/pbw.zip

You might need WINRAR to unzip it.

2. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Is this statement above really true? :(

I will definitely take a look at all that you have done. From what I have seen it should be awesome stuff!

3. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    heh, I wrote that line right after I lost 5 hours of mapping work, and I hadent considered Ianout at the time. Ill probably wait until Beta 5 gets released before I even start mesing around.

4. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Sorry to hear that Xavier.... Alas, shit happens, same thing happened to ol' Celestial.

5. Brahmin

Brahmin Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 19, 2005
    Well, I'll take a look at what you have done soon, there may well be a place for you at NWS.. If you are interested drop us a line.

6. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Heres a list of tools I used to make the POS you downloaded!

Jargo's Script Editor/Compiler
    BIS Mapper
    GIF2FRM
    Titanium FRM browser
    GIMP

EDIT: forgot FO2LC

7. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    After some thinking ive come up with an idea. What would everyones opinion be on a Wasteland remake with a brand new, easily modded engine. I could use most of the Fallout interface in it, and a Pixel*Pixel engine wouldnt be all that hard to make.

Heres everything I have so far.

8. mvBarracuda

mvBarracuda Vault Dweller

Apr 11, 2004
    To be honest: the current version does not :?

But we have build up a new team and this time (and this is no promo shit) is looks really promising :)

We got support from someone from the game industry so we work far more professional now. There will be our first developer meeting in the irc this night. We already compiled a little draft how it will be handled. Part 9 are community suggestions. Feel free to add anything that is important to you as a modder.

The results of that meeting will be in our wiki system around thursday / friday:
    http://www.ianout.de/pnData/members/meeting_draft_04.pdf
    http://www.ianout.de/ianwiki

9. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    If you want to play the demo, then download the file at the top of the page and place it in the FO2 directory. for the maps, ARTEMPLE works the best but AAAAASSSS is the latest work.

Yes, I have restarted work on it, thanks for asking.

Heres a story outline of the mod, and I will be writing a final draft of the new story in about a week(so expect it next month)

And dont worry, this work may not show it, But it will have more to do with Fallout and Be more Fallouty than it seems.

10. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Some random things:

It shows what the COC has been up to all these years

It utilizes the scrapheap map and many of the origonal scripts from the Fallout Demo.

It wont suck balls

It will not have a worldmap. Movement will be done by a group similar to caravans, but they transport people instead of goods.

Many different endings (over 5 planned.)

It will contain many endings with a style that mixes fallout and Silent Hill(One ending is where after you destroy the great evil in Vault 92 or whatever you dont get out in time and are blown over fifty feet as you exit the door and are knocked unconsious. You wake up in the middle of the desert and cant remember a thing. You pick up the book by your side and follow the lights in the distance.

11. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Does anyone have the zip file?

When I was switching my data from one computer to the other(with an isa-usb cable to my HD) the drive short circuted or something that the power source did and I lost almost 12 gigs of important crap. And I didnt pay for another year of hostiing even though they said I did and the file isnt there anymore,

12. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    I might have it. I try to collect all the fallout mod. So pm me your email and i will try to send it to you

EDIT
    I tried to find the mod nad with succes :)
    Its 3,60 MB in zip format

13. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    thanks

your a life saver

14. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Hey, any update on this?

15. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Well, ive been looking into just turning las vegas into an addon town where theres 5 different groups of people who control the town, and your decisions affect them(like a combination of Junktown and New Reno)

but just thoughts

16. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    That would be great, I think small add-ons are the way to go.

17. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Ok, I am officially reviving this project, since the three things that held me back within the past two years(School, Jail, Lack of Skill) I am no longer a prisoner of.

But the story of this mod sucks. Im changing it to an addon town, similar to New Reno, but with "Fear and Loathing" themed quests. No concrete plans at the moment, but It may involve drugs(real, not tribal gook)

I wonder, is there any way to make some odd blurring/drug effect? I have a weird image in my head of editing the Mr Fixit mod to place a weird texture over the screen, then fading out or something. I am not even sure if that is possible or not, just a thought.

Sorry, Id leave PBNW alone and let it die in peace, but Id hate for that beautiful las Vegas sign to go to waste.

18. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    I have not tried it but, Timeslip made a drunk effects mod.

19. Xavierblazer

Jan 30, 2005
    Some screenshots of the sign:

Just look at how much it blends in with the other art. I am simply amazed, even though I've seen it a million times

The sign in Scrapheap at night.

The old LV map. Ive abandoned this particular map, but the other map will feature the odd cliff technique, as a quarry in North Vegas.

Title screen.

Anyway, Ive decided to wait on mapping until I get the majority of the scripts finished. I actually have a concrete idea on where this is going as opposed to just making it up as I go along.

The idea I have on how to present it is totally genius. I wont give away all the details, but it involves an ex raider getting his brain switched for a tribal brain, and his brain inserted into a robot. They stay friends forever. They even fight the Enclave together, and the raider robot sneaks up behind Horrigan and cuts his leg off with a laser.

20. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Textures could be much more better + geometry improved (or better lighting?) + better conversion. Also, the angles look not right at all...