"Reasons Fallout 4 is the best Fallout game." A facepalm-worthy video.

Dam that though especially on fallout 1 i remember struggling with combat quite alot in that game

Dam that though especially on fallout 1 i remember struggling with combat quite alot in that game
Same. I was coming hot off of fo3 in 2010 and it took me a while to adjust to the games use of actual RPG mechanics. I didn't understand that there was shitload of factors that determine your character's effectiveness with a weapon. You'll find the perfect build eventually If you haven't already. :ok:

Yeah my frist fallout game was fo3 and then I replayed the previous fallouts, Yeah I will get round to replaying both fallout 1 and 2 soon ! I also remeber be stuck on fallout 2 at the first level XD I was strugling with understanding what I could do and the game never sppon feeds you like todays games witch is refreshing

The guy also has video about 5 reasons Fallout 4 failed and is disappointing. Its kinda hard to take him seriously with his clickbaity videos.
Youtubers shitting out clickbait videos with little to no effort put into them are just leeches out for youtube shekels. His videos don't actually reflect any of his own thoughts or beliefs, only what he knows will get the most views from the 12 year olds who watch this kind of shit.

Youtubers shitting out clickbait videos with little to no effort put into them are just leeches out for youtube shekels. His videos don't actually reflect any of his own thoughts or beliefs, only what he knows will get the most views from the 12 year olds who watch this kind of shit.

Speaking of unsolicited rants...

Once I fully understood the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system I had to appreciate and admire the effort that went into making such a flexible character creation system. Every character made is truly special. Plus it's an acronym for actual traits which is awesome. Its such a shame to see it reduced to a fucking perk chart. And they even kept the name like it was even remotely the same character system... I'm sorry but every PC "made" with that perk chart will play essentially the same. There is not a single "sole survivor" out there that is special.

Did he really praise the art style? I'm sorry, I'm not going to watch that stupid video (lol), but the style is horrendous. Especially with the characters. They look so fake and plasticky and in general just really ugly. It was a bad idea to go in that direction for F3, and I couldn't believe it when I saw that they had doubled down on it for F4. Why couldn't they have reinvented the art style, like the way they did for Skyrim following Oblivion? Say what you like about that game, but it looks a million times better than Oblivion. Hell, I'd argue it looks better than F4.

Personally I'm not a fan of this settlement feature. At all. And it's not because it works like shit. I just greatly prefer premade towns with their own personality and characters to this generic settlement Bullshit. Its unrealistic and takes up far too much worldspace. To the point where there is only two actual towns with actual characters and quests. That's... Not a good trade off.

TLDR; premade towns > settlements.
The problem with the towns is they took a somewhat fun mod for fucking around in Fallout 3/New Vegas and shoved it in as a half baked feature. In the New Vegas version of the RTS mod for example you could build a base anywhere you wanted on the map with almost no limitations and 10x the features that Fallout 4 allows you. They just stole a mod and then half assed it.
Did he really praise the art style?
>Fallout 4
>art
>style
You can pick one and only one

This entire video is wrong, and I'm going to explain why in the best amount of detail I can.

First of all, the settlement system is a shitty, buggy, tacked on feature meant to cash in on the minecraft "building" market. The sole fact that it has a god dammed building limit destroys the concept completely. Yeah, I get it makes sense on consoles, but for PC's.... no. It's most likely an engine limitation, which just further proves that Bethesda is shit at making engines. Really, it's hard to go into detail, because everything about them is just broken. The sole fact that you have to do it all in clunky ass first person, and scroll through the menu with the arrow keys breaks it even more. Seriously, who the fuck even uses the arrow keys!?!?

Secondly, the weapon crafting system is only used as an excuse to remove the need to make multiple varying and interesting weapons. Now there's just a weapon type, and a pistol, shotgun, sniper, and assault rifle version of it. With the occasional differing heavy weapons. And the armor? Armor is a joke. Sure, they had an actually decent idea with having different body parts having different sets of armor. But the armor is just raider, metal, combat, and synth. I might be missing one or two, but you get my point. Which is, ironically, the addition of weapon and armor customizations severely limited the types of cool armor and weapons you find.

Third, the story is just shit in general. It's a messy rehash of Fallout 3's story. And the pre-war section is possibly one of the most pointless segments ever. It has little to no bearing on the plot at all. It never comes up again aside from the Player Character going "LOL I'm from the past? WTF?" Like, seriously. We could've just started the game in the vault. Nothing really would've changed. Two of the three main factions are complete extremist retards who never fully think things out. It's just a big mess.

And the who question of "what is and isn't human" the game is trying to pull is completely destroyed once you learn that Synths are literally just humans with implants in their brains to make them smart. That's all. They could've been people who were robots with flesh on the outside, THEN you question what it means to be human. But no, they're already just humans.

And aesthetically the only thing that looks fallout in this is the power armor. That's it. Everything is some weird fifties esc place full of washed out colors. I would go into more detail, but I'm not fully into arts, so the most I can say is it don't look good. But even then, aesthetics do not a game make.

Now combat on the other hand! The combat...... I see literally no difference between it and NV. Absolutely zero difference. I mean, sure the vats actually doesn't fully stop time. But it's not like that makes that much of a difference. You shoot the exact same way. And from what I've been told here, the only change to the guns is the recoil animation is better. Even then, in my experience, every single movement you make in this game feels like you're wading through molasses. I had to turn up the mouse sensitivity to max to make it bearable.

And mods for consoles...... that doesn't make the game good, plain and simple. That's like saying this plate of noodles is the best plate of noodles because everyone can add their own sauce on it. But really, the plate of noodles is just a plate of butterless, seasonless, pasta. Man I wish there was a way to anti subscribe to someone.

the synth part always makes me laugh, especially when upon realization that a synth is merely humans turned into slaves. Would've been cooler if they stayed at stage 2, but then the plot wouldn't make sense on how people "can't recognize them" When they look all plastic-y and shit. It then just boils down into Either you're into slavery, freeing humans with things shoved in their brain, or pure genocide of said beings because they didn't come out of someone's sack and into another (though technically, they're all part of Father's genetics, so....yikes). This entire game is a fuckup on the "What is human" concept.

Are people really falling for it? You have to be dumb to fall for that once you look at the steam page and the score of this game.

Not to mention one of the worst season passes evet, 4 pointless dlcs that should have been free or "Not going to discuss ..." by pete hines...

I really don't care at this point. I will just go back to playing NV with project nevada.

I just saw this little gem on the RPG Codex.

Good lord, the dialogue and the voice acting. Are there people who actually talk like this? I am more inclined to believe that the writer just pulled some stuff out of his ass.

And then there was the eventual attack and fire fight.
It seems all NPCs including the no named ones are now set to critical so if their health meter goes down they go sit on the ground, but if even one of them gets shot they all get up again and start shooting again.

And at some point you are completely ignored by the defending party, even able to stand directly in front of people while they don't bat an eyelash.

Yep, excellent game writing and designing here guys.

Good lord, the dialogue and the voice acting. Are there people who actually talk like this? I am more inclined to believe that the writer just pulled some stuff out of his ass.

And then there was the eventual attack and fire fight.
It seems all NPCs including the no named ones are now set to critical so if their health meter goes down they go sit on the ground, but if even one of them gets shot they all get up again and start shooting again.

And at some point you are completely ignored by the defending party, even able to stand directly in front of people while they don't bat an eyelash.

Yep, excellent game writing and designing here guys.

It really is the worst voice acting I've ever seen in a game. New Vegas blows it out of the water.

I'm pretty sure if someone qualified analyzed the reading level of the dialogue in Fallout New Vegas vs. Fallout 4 it would show that Fallout 4 is at a youth reading level and Fallout New Vegas is at an adult level. But even if you don't consider that, the voice acting itself is stale, detached, and awful, and the dialogue cutscenes don't even work properly even now, whereas the voice acting of even the most miniscule NPC in New Vegas is good. And that doesn't even make sense considering they use some of the same voice actors.

And there's no way anyone's going to convince me that the garbage main characters of Fallout 4 can compete with the writing and voice acting of characters like Mr. House, Caesar, Elijah, or any of the New Vegas companions.

And there's no way anyone's going to convince me that the garbage main characters of Fallout 4 can compete with the writing and voice acting of characters like Mr. House, Caesar, Elijah, or any of the New Vegas companions.

The cardboard cutouts of FO4 can't even compete with lesser NV NPCs like Ranger Ghost, Boxcars, Easy Pete, and Deputy Beagle, nevermind big shots like House or Joshua Graham.

Its so bizarre to think that Joshua Graham and Preston Garvey are supposed to exist on the same plane of existence. Its still utterly surreal to me how wank this game is
LOL yea that really is absurd. I never thought of it like that. It just makes Fallout 4 even more of an abomination.
The cardboard cutouts of FO4 can't even compete with lesser NV NPCs like Ranger Ghost, Boxcars, Easy Pete, and Deputy Beagle, nevermind big shots like House or Joshua Graham.
Yup. Having recently replayed New Vegas I was amazed how even the most minor characters have a lot to talk about and are more developed than the major characters of Fallout 4. But the real shocker was just how much better the quests and writing overall is in New Vegas.

So basically, you have a quest to get a settlement to surrender while only maiming them.

That would be all well and good, but shooting NPCs in the head is not the way forwards. They should have done it like the Slavers Guild in Fallout 2, telling you only to use Unarmed Weapons to knock them out.

Back