Robot sex, achievement, shots

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by OakTable, Aug 27, 2010.

1. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    Yeah, the Mk. I's are metal-ceramic composites while the Mk. II's are just ceramic composites. I always figured that the metal used in the Mk. I's was titanium (like they use in Dragon Skin) so the rust doesn't make any sense... The lack of black paint is interesting, it never seemed to be there when you got portrait shots in Fallout 2 but it was definitely there on the model.

2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The Hermes combat armor in Van Buren was made out of advanced polycarbon, boron carbide and polythelene. It's all material that should not look like generic metal and if this is used in a combat armor, something similar or even better should be used for a power armor.

3. KristofferAG

KristofferAG First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2009
    Robot Sex, huh?

Well, Don't know if you wont like it till you've tried it.

4. Mistrz

Mistrz Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 28, 2009
    I`m very pleased of classic APA being back.

5. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    I hope they fix the clipping, also something about the eyes are unappealing to me, it looks like the helmet is crying. I don't think lenses would get black streaks over time would they?

6. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The clipping will not be fixed, I can tell that to 100%. It's how the animations are.

7. LiberNull

LiberNull First time out of the vault

Jun 13, 2010
    Even PA from F3 clipping. So it's not a big problem. This APA make me very happy :D , now im gone preorder...jeeeez a luv APA

8. zkylon

zkylon It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 1, 2010
    There's always gonna be clipping but it could be reduced if they put some effort into making separate PA animations (though the one in the screenshot looks particularily unavoideable). It'd be great overall to have some custom animations for PA that showed that it took some strength to walk with a PA on.

9. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Not to be nitpicky, but that sounds counterintuitive with the fact that PA raises your strength to me.

10. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    Yep the idea of Power Armor is that it is powered, exoskeleton powered by the battery and everything

11. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    I wonder how it will affect agility, as its more bulkier than the mark II APA and the T-45d power armour, which had -1 and -2 AGL respectively, so that means it either going to be -3 or -2. My guess is -2 as -3 is a bit too much.

12. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    It should have the same effect on agility as the APA in FO3, as the FO3 APA was supposed to be same armor as the FO2 APA mkII, just with different looks for some reason.
    I wonder if the T51b will be in "common" use again instead of the T45d.
    And if the T51b will be weaker than the APA.

13. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    Vegas is on the west coast, so I think so. T-45d was only used by the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood because it was outdated, so not as valuable as T-51b to the Original Brotherhood, or it was found at the pentagon.

14. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    something I hope very much for is that they at least gave the Powerarmor better/different animations and different ~biger! size.

Call me a pedant and anal about details. But it always bothered me that the Powerarmor in F3 didnt feelt like a "real" powered armor that would give you protection and was made of high technology but just some rusty armor comparable with nothing more but a chain mail or something similar.

15. KING SHIT

KING SHIT It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 25, 2010
    T-51b will be more common, but I don't think it will be nerfed. With damage threshold in it's gonna be hard to kill a BoS Paladin.

16. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    I remember reading on the vault that the moral in the NCR rangers was low because while the BoS was suffering heavy losses, for every paladin the rangers killed, they lost 10 men doing it. While there is no source and wikis aren't always right, thats sounds about right for BoS paladins. I hope that once you join the BoS there is a chance to advance as in the past fallout games you never really go beyond just a member.

17. zkylon

zkylon It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 1, 2010
    It always assumed that given how heavy and bulky PA is, it enhances your strength just so you can carry it. It weighted a lot in the older FO games and you'd usually end up encumbered unless you equipped it. In any case, running with PA should look different than running with a leather jacket. It may be skin tight, exoskeleton and all that but it's still a freaking huge armor.

18. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    As I understand it, it's more or less an exoskeleton similar to the sorts of things the US Army is experimenting with now, with armour plating and other life support systems as well. It adds to your strength and allows you to carry more weight, but the downside is obviously decreased movement ability in normal circumstances. However, as far as I know the precise nature of all of these has never been detailed, so exactly how this is done is open to interpretation. I would imagine that it's due to pneumatics or some such, which is plausible considering the Power Armor adds about 2-3 feet to a person's total height.

19. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    And that the moral in the Brotherhood was low because for every NCR soldier they killed, there would always be reinforcements waiting to take their place. A luxury the elitist Brotherhood could not afford. :) I love Fallout lore.

20. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I think the real advantage of the power armor is that it combines the characteristics of a heavily armed tank with the size and mobility of a usual infantrymen which even if it does not possess the same kind of agility like a usual trained human still has a huge firepower. I mean I would not be surprised if a person could technicaly outmanouver a soldier with powerarmor ~ and thx to Fallouts combat mechanics you could with high enough hand-to-hand skills, high agility, etc. beat a guy in powerarmor, I mean you could do that with supermutants as well! Somehow shows the awesome roleplaying aspect of Fallout in my eyes.

Thing is to get close enough to someome wearing a heavy armor that has the power to hold a minigun like a handgun ...