Scariest Fallout critter

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Joba Tett, Jun 2, 2012.

1. BarryMcDingleFace

BarryMcDingleFace First time out of the vault

Jun 21, 2012
    I have a couple: Feral Ghouls and Centaurs just bug the shit out of me. But I just am adding Cazadores out of pure hatred.

2. Knight Captain Kerr

Knight Captain Kerr Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 27, 2011
    Floaters and Deathclaws.

3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I think I was pretty damn afraid of the centaurs and floaters back when I first played Fallout 1.
    Also, the Deathclaw. And the ghouls were pretty creepy in Necropolis.

4. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    Reavers in FO3 (For being so goddamned overpowered. Seriously, Beth, wtf? I know we complained about the game being too easy, but did you have to go all out like that? I mean, they're tougher than Behemoths ffs!)

Cazadores from FNV (Even worse than reavers. At least reavers are few in number. Cazas just swarm your ass and poison you)

Wannamingos from FO2

FO1...I don't know actually. Mutants I guess, sense they are fairly powerful in FO1 compared to the other games, imo.

5. thegaresexperience

thegaresexperience Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Sep 3, 2010
    Yao-Gui (in FO3) and Deathclaws (every game). They always seem to sneak up on me and fuck up my day.

6. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    Floaters. Creepy, creepy floaters.

7. Joba Tett

Joba Tett First time out of the vault

May 22, 2012
    A few days ago I was playing Fallout 3, I was on a cliff overlooking Minefield and was going to pull out my Sniper Rifle to get a closer view(it was already a really good view!) when I hear something from behind me, I turn around and see a giant fucking Radscorpion right in front of me! So, I turn around and walk off the cliff, luckily the game had recently autosaved a few minutes ago.

8. manikill456

manikill456 First time out of the vault

Jun 29, 2012
    the floaters/centaurs are just creepy it the "thing" reminds me of them

9. SealyStar

SealyStar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 23, 2012
    Earlier, I said wanamingos. I apologize. Now that I think about, centaurs are by far the most horrible. Every time I see them I think of:
    TRAUMA TRIGGER:
    [spoiler:85d9f51103]The Human Centipede *shudder*[/spoiler:85d9f51103]
    [spoiler:85d9f51103]Of course, I made a joke out of it, and I now call them "Thuggin' Centipedes", after a caller on True Capitalist Radio[/spoiler:85d9f51103]

10. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    I'd have to go with Centaurs, too, especially the ones from the original games. That Lovecraftian tangle of form, the knowledge that it contains the twisted remnants of a living human being, the thought of that person still being in there somewhere, stewing eternally in the instinctual awareness of what an obscene perversion it's become, perhaps even achieving tortured glimmers of sentience every now and again... they're not the most physically imposing enemies, but they're definitely the most unsettling.

11. Albatross_Ross

Albatross_Ross First time out of the vault

Jul 18, 2012
    . Yep! Gota be the Centaurs "hands down" see what I did there? Because they walk on hands..?.. ok forget it :( anyway yes they are fu**da right up! Can't deicide if the face or the way they move creeps me out most..

12. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Floaters.
    I hate them.
    That *splurt! splurt!* tongue-attack... awful...

13. RiseIn

RiseIn First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2012
    Feral ghouls, nothing really scares me in any FO game though.

14. Izual

Izual Pipe rifle & chopsticks

Sep 18, 2009
    Radscorpions in Fallout 1&2 really look badass and powerful. They look very good. So I'd say radscorpions.

15. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Super Mutants, duh. They are responsible for more deaths than I'd like to remember.

EDIT: Oh, I think you meant visually scary. My bad. In that case, floaters or centaurs.

16. Talisien

Talisien Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 15, 2006
    To answer this, I have to paraphrase someone. Someone doing an impression. An impression of Christopher Walken. :P

"Centaurs never scared me. ... Deathclaws scare me. ... Because they're fast."

Here is the original audio, for those who are interested. ;)

Okay, maybe I didn't have to do it that way... But I wanted to.

17. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    lol that link is hilarious.

18. PaladinBreach

PaladinBreach First time out of the vault

May 7, 2012
    CAZADOR

Might not be scary, but there damn near jesus.

19. FOvet

FOvet Wandering the Wastelands

Aug 26, 2012
    Deathclaws hands down. Giant-ass effing iguanas on steroids >.>

Cazadores a VERY close second--I hate those damn things....but Deathclaws win out by a nudge. In FO2, they could even rip through power armor o.o

20. TucoX

TucoX First time out of the vault

Aug 30, 2011
    I would say those damn rattlesnake coyotes from New Vegas.
    I steer clear of them until I acquire some powerful weapons and armor.