So are the first two games worth playing?

Squall

First time out of the vault
I've heard good things about them, and I'm more of a retro gamer myself, but what do you guys think. I really like RPGs, but mainly JRPGs, would you recommend Fallout 1 & 2?

Well, they're fantastic games so of course you should give them a try. They don't really have all that much in common with JRPGs, so don't go into them expecting the familiar conventions to be present.

Id reccomend them to anyone, beat Fallout 1 twice, working on a 3rd run as a melee, and Fallout 2 technically once.

Yes, they are worth it. My personal feelings aside, the first game is one of the best games ever made. Second one too, when it is properly patched.

One could wonder what are you looking on this boards if you haven't played them before. My advice is to get them as soon as possible.

Yeah, why are you asking this forum? The answer will universally be yes. Check around your digital distributors of choice for best prices and combos. GOG will probably be cheapest. Of course if your idea of a good RPG is FF8 or FF7 you might not enjoy what with it being superior in every way and being a proper RPG.

By the way, asking this question in a forum that exists since the very first game is a little... inefficient, isn't it? I mean, does one expect a different answer than "of course?"

Exactly. This is the right question:
So are other than the first two games worth playing?

Yes they are. Especially Fallout 1.

I'd recommend replaying it after trying any new Fallout game by Bethesda, any Fallout mod, any FOnline server, etc.

Is this topic for real? I wonder how did you decided to register here without even knowing about the first Fallouts, or if anyone here liked them...

They're alright, though they're not for everyone. If you like the older style RPGs it's worth the time. Would recommend applying a lot of the patches/mods that you can find here as it will make the game seem less klunky and 'old'.

Walpknut said:
Is this topic for real? I wonder how did you decided to register here without even knowing about the first Fallouts, or if anyone here liked them...

Don't most guys these days? I mean 90% of newbs think FO3 is a masterpiece, no offense here since it's been like 10 years.
Half of them tries to do the research and see it's not all in graphics and they are blessed with the first two games. Other half sticks to their consolified belief of uber graphics scripted games. Which suck eventually, after 2 years you dump them.
But it's 100% Bethesda fault for being shitheads towards the games in general. They quite literally explained that they don't care how the game is supposed to be, if we don't like it it's ours fault. And for that certain measures should be applied always.

No, what I am asking is not how can he not know about he first two fallouts, what I am askign is why did he register here without even knowing this community position to those games or even havign played them. It's like if I registered on the SPoony Experiment Forum and ask the users if Spoony's videos are worth watching.

Back