Spiritual successor to Fallout?

There is a small glimmer of hope

Imagine if Brian where to seek out some of the BI team from fallout 2 and ask them to help create a wasteland 2

real super mutants and scorpitrons oh my :lol:

my guy would have to find a vault to hide in :)

No, i refuse to acknowledge these rumors. Too much disappointments recently.

If Brian indeed decides to make a sequel to Wasteland, i will wait for creaming my pants until something more solid comes up.

Wouldn't it be funny if the game came out the same time as Fallout 3
and would have everything that F3 lacks (Iso, TB, ...) ?

That would be a good kick in the ass for Beth$oft :lol:

Zlatorog said:

That would be a good kick in the ass for Beth$soft :lol:

I would not put too much faith in that statement since Fargo and Inxile are too enamored with the 'next gen' gameplay to try anything 'old school' such as ISO/TB.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Ausir said:
Get your facts straight. The first Fallout was created before Black Isle Studios came into being.

What are you talking about? From the wiki:

The division was formed during 1996, adopting the name "Black Isle Studios" during 1998

Black Isle Studios is most famous for working on the Fallout and Baldur's Gate series of computer role-playing games

In 1998, several key members responsible for the division's first title, Fallout, left Interplay to form Troika Games

You get you facts straight, and for the love of God, please stop this fucking bean-counting and concentrate on what the post is about.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
What are you talking about? From the wiki:
The wiki is wrong. The people behind Fallout did not create the game as part of Black Isle, and I've never seen any evidence to the contrary, until now with a rather dubious quote from a Lionheart(sic) fansite. For all intents and purposes, Black Isle was formed *after* Fallout had been developed.
Other than that, development on Fallout had started far before 1996 even, so even if wikipedia is right (and I see no reason to believe that it is) then Fallout was still developed from outside of Black Isle.
Other than that, most people who were essential to Fallout did leave Interplay after the first game and hence did not belong to the 'Black Isle team', as you apparently called it.

Smoke_jaguar said:
The division was formed during 1996, adopting the name "Black Isle Studios" during 1998

Black Isle Studios is most famous for working on the Fallout and Baldur's Gate series of computer role-playing games

In 1998, several key members responsible for the division's first title, Fallout, left Interplay to form Troika Games

You get you facts straight, and for the love of God, please stop this fucking bean-counting and concentrate on what the post is about.
Behave, Jaguar. You're not here to tell people what to talk about.

As long its isometric, TB, hit location, and gritty setting with plenty of dialogue, i welcome it.

Heck even those Silent Storm devs can be good for the job..they already got the right engine.

Zlatorog said:

That would be a good kick in the ass for Beth$oft :lol:

Sounds like what happened to MOO3. Galactic Civilization was in the works and quicksilver took one look at it and panic ensued. They rushed out MOO3 to compete and well one of these game series is still around and the other still has trying to rinse out their mouths from the bad taste.

Note that Brian Fargo wasn't actually one of the designers of Wasteland. As someone said, he's a manager type. The creative core of the Wasteland designers came straight from the tabletop RPG industry.

They're also no longer in the market, afaik.

Hell, maybe he'll bring the original team back together. Kinda like the A-team. Only one of them should be dead or smt. :roll:

Per said:
Note that Brian Fargo wasn't actually one of the designers of Wasteland. As someone said, he's a manager type. The creative core of the Wasteland designers came straight from the tabletop RPG industry.
Cool :D . So Wasteland was a CTRPG too :D ?

Back