Stalker.

Stalker Complete is your best bet if you want to remain close to the original game; the only new things it adds are a sleeping bag, a couple new weapons and the ability to repair equipment.

I never played Oblivion Lost, but I know it adds things like usable artifacts (as in, you can use one like a bomb!), zombies (proper ones), and vehicles, so it may get a bit overwhelming.

I don't know anything about L.U.R.K so I can't say anything about that.

I personally use Complete; I find it to be sufficient.

You may want to get the FOV switcher tool as well; it allows you to change the FOV from 60 up to 90.

Some people mentioned OGSE and AMK. Didn't really see what AMK did since it seems like i have to play the game first before i could understand some changes. And OGSE looks like it adds some immerse to the game?

Nevermind OGSE.. Read some more about it and it looks like crap :P

So i've been playing a little now and i'm torn.. The AI is bad and more often than not it is in my advantage.

Then we have the anomalies.. Random "clouds" that deals some kind of damage and keeps killing random dogs in short.

Waiting/sleeping for 3 hours? The group i just killed got replaced so now it's a loot feast due to the AI being rather bad sometimes..

Edited cause i found out the problems/reasons for some parts of my post.

Rage has been ensures when i found a "secret" i can't reach... Grrr :P

CthuluIsSpy said:
What's better, the fast shooting AK or the abakan? I can't really tell.

I don't remember how the Abakan behaves in the actual game, but if you burst fire it, it is very accurate and should be superior (and more ammo conserving) to the AK. It has a unique 2 round burst in real life where both bullets fired hit the same spot and is very expensive to make. I'd go for the abakan! :)

I too would love to hear what's supposed to be so bad about the Complete Mod?

EDIT: Just checked in my game, are we talking about CoP?
Because that weapon is a BEAST in CoP, I always run with it.

[spoiler:8983203fb9]
xrengine2013-06-1800-woonn.png

[/spoiler:8983203fb9]

Hm, the Abakan is neat for the two round burst, but other than that it's not really any better than the AK. I usually go with the AK and some mods until I get the G36 or SIG550.

Ah, then I misread it. I remember using and liking the AN-94 in SoC, but this is more due to convience because I use this weapon all the time in many other games.

The mod I am using for CoP is "Misery", some kind of huge overhaul aiming to make the game prettier, more realistic etc. You can find it here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery

It is really brutal, so I won't recommend it for starters.

Surf Solar said:
Ah, then I misread it. I remember using and liking the AN-94 in SoC, but this is more due to convience because I use this weapon all the time in many other games.

The mod I am using for CoP is "Misery", some kind of huge overhaul aiming to make the game prettier, more realistic etc. You can find it here:

Sweet, I'll check it out one day. Does it increase the number of enemies? As I said before, one of my problems with CoP was that there weren't enough hostiles; making bandits friendly was a mistake imo.

CthuluIsSpy said:
Surf Solar said:

Sweet, I'll check it out one day. Does it increase the number of enemies? As I said before, one of my problems with CoP was that there weren't enough hostiles; making bandits friendly was a mistake imo.

It alters pretty much everything in the game, from spawn rates, to how items behave, how NPC behave etc. I would NOT recommend downloading it right now, since they are betatesting the final version now and should be releasing the final one soonish. If you are looking for a challenge, you should try out the final version then.
Just skim through the feauture list on the page I linked to.

It also has some very good updated graphics. I really like the blowouts!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRTmnIzl3ug[/youtube]

You guys made me pick up my old save of Call of Pripyat (modless, like any proper first playthrough). Funnily enough, I've just arrived at the 2nd area (the neutral train station) and right away I snatch a G36 and an automatic shotgun out of the fresh corpses of some poor randomly generated smucks. A gigantic upgrade over my old AK-74 and hunting shotgun. I still run away like a little girl at best whenever I have to deal with Bloodsuckers however.

CthuluIsSpy said:
Does it increase the number of enemies? As I said before, one of my problems with CoP was that there weren't enough hostiles

CoP is a great exploration game, it doesn't need more action. The problem with it is that you gain too many resources, which eventually kills the survival aspect. I was trying to find a mod that simply lowers the amount of loot significantly and keeps everything else, but it seems that modders just don't know when to stop. I'll go for Misery one day when they release the final version, but when I tried the previous one it defitinely didn't look like all the changes it made were for the better. There is a point where "realism" starts to equal "tedium".

Some problems.

Way to much loot.. Swimming in cash and ammo after clearing the second "zone",

You can only equip 2 weapons and 1 have to be a pistol.. That i don't even need to use anymore.

I still haven't managed to figure out how the f you do to enter the top floor on the last house to the right in the starter town.. Grrr :P

Secret stach? To bad! You have to find the info regarding this place before any loot will spawn in the exact same container you just searched!

Seeing how quite a few container have had spawning/respawning loot. Is it safe to store crap somewhere?

Makta said:
Some problems.

Way to much loot.. Swimming in cash and ammo after clearing the second "zone",

You can only equip 2 weapons and 1 have to be a pistol.. That i don't even need to use anymore.

I still haven't managed to figure out how the f you do to enter the top floor on the last house to the right in the starter town.. Grrr :P

Secret stach? To bad! You have to find the info regarding this place before any loot will spawn in the exact same container you just searched!

Seeing how quite a few container have had spawning/respawning loot. Is it safe to store crap somewhere?

Yes. General rule of thumb is that if there's a blue box, you can stash things in it. The safest places to store items though are near traders; I've never had a problem those.

Stalker is NOT a looter's game; you are not meant to carry a small armory on your back like you can do in fallout 3 and FNV. You have to take only what you need.

Wait till you start facing blood suckers and spetznat. You will burn through that ammo, and you will have to start using your pistol for when you run of bullets in your mag.

Surf Solar said:
Bloodsuckers are not that much of a big deal if you have a Shotgun. :P

True.

Bloodsuckers can be damn scary if they jump out on you, especially in bigger groups, but hotkeying medicine/bandage/whatever and using a shotgun, or, as I prefer, GP37, they're not that much of a problem.

Back