Talking Heads

Idiotfool said:
What happened to this and a few of your other images, Conti? I'd like to have a look.
Dunno why, but I'm keeping THs related stuff on the imageshack account. When I'm uploading new one older ones are often immediately deleted (when I think they become obsolete)... :shrug: Maybe because I'm slightly obsessed with Ordnung thingy, thus I'm deleting shitty, useless stuff (in this case obsolete images, source files, or past-gen FRMs). Sorry, but nothing left after badass fatman.

Dravean said:
I'm about two-thirds done with recording Cassidy's voice. I should be able to finish it up with one more session, so I don't see any reason it wouldn't be done this week.

If you need someone to edit the voice (limiter so the voice is equal in volume overall etc) just drop me a line.

Dravean said:
I'm about two-thirds done with recording Cassidy's voice. I should be able to finish it up with one more session, so I don't see any reason it wouldn't be done this week.

Wow, dude, this is big. It's the first non-official voice in Fallout. Can't wait to hear it.

Nope. I'm working on my own. I mean, you can use whatever crazy shit I made, without asking me about permission. But I'm not cooperating directly with any of the projects.

wow continuum I cant stop drooling :crazy: One of the major things that kept me emersed in Fo1 was the talking heads, major let down in Fo2 wasnt as many to chat with.

I just wanna chuck everything from fo1 into fo2 and remove all the stupid crap that doesnt fit into fallout2 then Ill be happy. :D

I miss Harry 8-) although Im guilty of swapping marcus talking head with Harrys lol.

Those new eyebrows look real good especially Cassidy and it sound cool that he will get a voice

btw I also played a little with a new head the shape is crapy but my goal was to create a better nose and ear, the face will be toyed around a bit, the pictures at the bottom are a test for a different perspective which didn't end as I wanted

I think, it's a time for some badass, constructive, honest opinion, Jotisz! :dance: I wanted to say this when you posted that female... but I often keep my mouth shut... but I see that you're repeating exactly the same (wrong) pattern/formula/whatever, so...

But first... stuff I like the most...
budz said:
I just wanna chuck everything from fo1 into fo2 and remove all the stupid crap that doesnt fit into fallout2 then Ill be happy. :D
Would be nice to see some project that is actually fixing all this lulzy, pathetic, setting-breaking shitty shit in Lulzout 2. Bugs can be fixed, but shitty design is forever, I guess :shrug:

Anyway,

Jotisz said:
I also played a little with a new head the shape is crapy but my goal was to create a better nose and ear
You'll never make a better nose without taking care of stuff around it... Every face you made so far seems very flat (often concave), thus very unnatural (especially if your aim is a fat guy). You're missing facial features, like chin, cheeks, eyebrow bone (or whatever that shit is), etc., and those exaggerated facial features make original THs cartoon-y (potato kind of nose, or uber exaggerated cheeks), not lack of them. In other words: your heads are poorly defined. Another thing, where I see the problem, are high placed eyebrows, which make your characters look dumb, not natural/friendly, but dumb, and very weird too (but this may be my personal opinion only :shrug:).

Jotisz said:
the pictures at the bottom are a test for a different perspective which didn't end as I wanted
Perspective won't fix mistakes you're doing.

You are right about that Continuum somehow when I model a face I go to the wrong direction with them but thanks for pointing out my mistakes instead of playing around with the old model I quickly deleted everything except the ears and recreated the other parts well it still looks crap

The human face is never perfectly symmetrical...when building a head in 3D people often just flip their faces but don't twist/distort the nose, mouth , or eyes...that makes a very boring looking human IMO.

This guy would make a great talking head. It's exaggerated, but believable. 8-)

facerobot.jpg

Jotisz said:
I quickly deleted everything except the ears and recreated the other parts well it still looks crap
facerobotcopy.jpg

Look how nose is connected with the rest of the face. Chin is mostly round. Look at cheeks. Look at eyebrow bone. The face is convex.

.Pixote. said:
The human face is never perfectly symmetrical...
Rest of the body too...

.Pixote. said:
when building a head in 3D people often just flip their faces but don't twist/distort the nose, mouth , or eyes...
Depends from what you're aiming for... Also, I see exact opposite - a lot of CG heads is asymmetrical these days :shrug:

.Pixote. said:
that makes a very boring looking human IMO.
Not realistic human is boring too. Asymmetry is a part of realism, and THs by design aren't realistic at all :shrug:

.Pixote. said:
This guy would make a great talking head. It's exaggerated, but believable.
Too egg-ish shape, other than that you're right.

Don't we already have the body for the PA talking head, Rhombus uses it in Fallout 1 and there is a model of the PA helmet in one of the ending sequences when it tells you what happened to the Brotherhood after the destruction of the Cathedral or Military Base.

To avoid reading through 52 pages -- are any of these heads "complete"? It would be cool to have them be an option in my mod (see sig)

Thanks ;)

Looks very nice, very... topographic. Excellent work, as always! What's the small brownish line on the top of his head?

lisac2k said:
What's the small brownish line on the top of his head?
It's a signature to left no doubts who made this ;)

On more serious note: it's a seam and texture supposed to be seamless :roll: Seam is going even far through forehead (towards camera), even throat is cut in half, but issue appears only in this specific area. Each head got its unique unwrap (based on exactly the same seam, since I'm recycling the same mesh over and over again) + unique paint (I'm not recycling textures), but all heads are affected by this.

Anyway, I updating all THs, since they were looking like damn celebrities.

Back