Talking Heads

The whole thread is pretty amazing, lots of dedication. I made an account to contribute, so if there's a need for a female voice I have a friend who's also a fallout fan who would love to do it. Just give me the character and we'll get cracking.

Holy shit, how did this thread get to 53 pages long?!

I'll go through it today... if there's any heads that can be done for Fallout 1, I'd like to get those incorporated into FIXT eventually. I know of Vinnie already, not sure if there's others.

Was messing around with my database and found !!Vic's!! talking head.
Work in Progress. Integrated into RP. Doesn't work perfectly yet, since I never added a talking head before to Fallout. Getting a crash after opening the dialog window (script is probably the problem there), animation doesn't move its lips, TH background is out of sinc with the actual map Chosen one is on, top of the head gets cut off by the dialog window (HiRes patch, maybe).
Unfortunately, I don't know who is the creator of the animations themselves though. Credit to you, unknown fallout modder.:salute:

Half a year and nothing?
As for me goes: THs aren't on my things_to_do_in_my_stupid_life.txt.

Holy shit, how did this thread get to 53 pages long?!
Spam. I've heard this new forum has an option to delete whole thread you have started, or something... maybe it's time to check how it works? :ugly:

top of the head gets cut off by the dialog window (HiRes patch, maybe).
388x200 limit maybe?

Ah, the Vic talking head. Jotisz did a great job, but I don't think it was every fully completed, was it?

Not exactly the way i imagined it, but it works.
It is very rare that a fictionnal character whom face was left to my imagination for 15 years, still manage to have an acceptable face when made by someone else.
It didn't broke expectations IMO...

Since THs subject is resurrected, I'll post ~1,5 year old image for future generations, or to spam the thread even moar (hi hi hi).

ZSVJROM.png

Some day, you may see some shit I made in action... no, non above.

Last edited:
I remember seeing this back then. That's cool that it's getting a new lease on life. 8-)

top of the head gets cut off by the dialog window (HiRes patch, maybe).
388x200 limit maybe?

Yep. Just tested it. My work with graphics is just horrible. Anyway, I resized it and got it to fit right in the window, but the palette was all messed up. Still, it has already been included for the next version of the MM.
@Continuum: If you ever get really, really bored and decide to finish those talking heads, I would definitely want to use them. I have one already for a character named Rake (not sure where that came from) and one I want to use for computers (looks like VIKI from I, Robot; but the background doesn't work right). I would reuse Morpheus, the Brotherhood of Steel Knight, Aradesh, etc. from F1 if I could figure out where they might fit in F2.

Last edited:
Vic does look very Vic-like. @Continuum's stuff is fantastic, as always. Any chance to incorporate just these still images into the RP? Animated would be great but just a static image would already be a good thing, I think. They look awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vic does look very Vic-like. @Continuum's stuff is fantastic, as always. Any chance to incorporate just these still images into the RP? Animated would be great but just a static image would already be a good thing, I think. They look awesome.
I agree with this. Now when the RP has reached a final state and the sources are out, there is much room for improvement that does not concern restorations or bugfixing. This could be a good candidate for an add-on to the RP. Static talking heads for fitting npcs. I'd certainly use such a mod. Oh, and since the Vic head is finished with animations (right?), someone should make a mod which includes the head into the game. He would be voiceless but those who don't like that does not need to download.

Here's hoping this project continues!

I'm racking my brain trying to think of some folks whose voices would fit with these faces. Then it's a question of persuading them to contribute, getting dialogue files, and finding a decent recording studio.

Hmmm...

-m

I've been working on fixing Vic's head, so it won't crash. Got it to be pretty stable now.

Found two versions. Which do you think is best fitting?

1. 4hai59gja02hbxbfg.jpg

2. qoyocyilvjlbl94fg.jpg

Also on tap are Mr. Salvatore and Dogmeat.

93g6yc1vhgn95jlfg.jpg 1pxk1djjwvr389xfg.jpg

And Goris, based on robes pic by Pixote and another nma forum user (eyes).
gmngo0p9abfxuiofg.jpg

Attachments

• gmngo0p9abfxuiofg.jpg
    gmngo0p9abfxuiofg.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 864
Last edited:
Those are all nice! My vote is for the first Vic, though. The second one looks like a man who is just a little too worn and old to be roaming the Wastes selling shiny stuff to tribals, but still old enough to have an adult daughter. Cassidy can get away with looking old and craggy, but not Vic.

Back