Ten Reasons Why Fallout 4 is worse than Fallout 3

The main lady turns into hostile feral ghoul, while the door guard gets the Moira treatment and stays praying at the ruins.

The BoS guy says that he didn't expect the town to blow up like that, but at least it ended the problem and still gives you full reward.
If I remember correctly, if you blow up Megaton before starting Broken Steel, the Atom Cult won't even show up... right?

NMA PRESENTS!

yet another thread where we try to half remember games we played more than a decade ago and dont't like!

I'd say it's more similar to slaver dillema in Den.

It gets presented to the low level player as a very lucrative and easy option, but the downside is losing some of the quests and getting marked forever as an evil person (which also opens up other routes for your character).

On the other hand you could do the hard, but good thing and earn less, but be loved by the town.

Looking at it this way, I'll sum up my problems with the Megaton:

It doesn't feel lucrative at all- 1000 caps isn't a lot in 3, as you can earn a lot more just selling smokes or collecting Nuka Colas.
There's nothing to buy at Tenpenny with that money that would be comparable to getting 3 men party fully outfitted with rifles, shotguns and armor in just a second town in 2.

You don't get marked forever for it. Karma system is easy to abuse and you can dodge all consequences by donating a few water bottles to the beggar next to Tenpenny.

It doesn't open up anything new. Tenpenny doesn't hire you as some agent of chaos to destroy every other settlement, you don't get to flex your status as a citizen of this supposedly elite location, no new stuff in shops.
Compare it to the repeatable slave runs, getting Vic, the ease of getting a pass into Vault City and how differently they treat you, access to Mordino and Stables.

It's not hard to do the right thing- it's easier to disarm the nuke than the grenade trap you might randomly stumble upon in some raider base.
The town doesn't care about it, Simms just gives you a pat on the back and that's it.

You don't get marked forever for it. Karma system is easy to abuse and you can dodge all consequences by donating a few water bottles to the beggar next to Tenpenny.
If I remember correctly, the sound of 3 Dogs berating you for it continue forever as a part of normal playlist in GN Radio. Which is quite often enough~

It's an important consideration of why I dont blow up Megaton, and/or doing the mez quest (in Paradise falls). Very annoying if turn on radio and hear 3 Dogs berate me for it. It's just a fucking few caps and the questionable juvenile sense of doing bad deed, after all.

But no. Some people apparently dont have any trouble disassociating themselves from said sounds, so they think it's small consequences.
Dont believe me? Just make a save before destroying Megaton. Destroy it. Then play 2 hours after that with GN Radio turn on. Let's hear your opinion after that session.
---
Aside from everything else, I said this for destroying Megaton and getting tenpenny players apartment:
It's much more stylish than the shack in Megaton. Honestly, I never can stand that fucking shack, even if I still use it, and redecorate it to my liking.
And 4 merchants at floor 1 of Tenpenny beat all other markets, equal to Rivet City Hangar. Luckily this access is available to all players, not exclusive.

Last edited:
Back