The Bad Movie Thread

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Which isn't very consistent with the previous movies thus negating the reason to exist for those movies...

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but yeah, I guess those films contradict each other a lot. At least that's what my friend (who is a big fan) told me.
When I watched them, I thought ...

[spoiler:956f49b955]Actually, that scene is probably the best part of those films - James Earl Jones' voice is always refreshing, but still, even it failed to make that film interesting.[/spoiler:956f49b955]

I never got why Hostel movies are so popular, they just are mostly about gore and torture, same applies to Saw movies, ive watched 2 Saws and the first Hostel, after hearing lot of praise from friends and relatives. Its not that i hated those movies, they had their exciting moments, its just that they are often mentioned as great flicks (hostel1 saw1) and i cant see the appeal.

Mutoes said:
I never got why Hostel movies are so popular, they just are mostly about gore and torture, same applies to Saw movies, ive watched 2 Saws and the first Hostel, after hearing lot of praise from friends and relatives. Its not that i hated those movies, they had their exciting moments, its just that they are often mentioned as great flicks (hostel1 saw1) and i cant see the appeal.

It's just idiots that think being gory and having retards show tits = horror.

A little offtop from me: I never watched a horror that really scared me. And I've watched a whole lot of them. But survival-horror games, on the other hand... Since I finished Silent Hill I always have a flashlight and a portable radio near my bed :D

DarthBartus said:
Guys, we're not considering wheter prepubescent girls deserve their own movies, but wheter Twilight is retarded and shitty movie. And it most certainly is.

My bet is James Cameron's Avatar. It's basically Smurfs+Pocahontas+robots. Quite amazing demo of new technology though. And very shitty writing (seriously, with budget of way over 230 million dollars they couldn't hire a good writer?).
Agreed on all counts. I caught Avatar again on a free HBO weekend, and it reinforced my previous opinions. I also noticed that the music sucks, being mostly some generic "world-music" chorus-and-drums bilge, and that the movie looks better in 2D than 3D. I find I'm turning more and more against 3D. Plus the smurfs are undeniably the true villains of the story. They're intractable in their refusal to engage in any kind of commerce, they celebrate ignorance, and they're all slaves to some sinister hive-mind.

Agreed on Van Helsing, although I was unaware that anyone thought that was a good movie. Kate Beckinsale's not enough to save it.

Black Swan was a big disappointment. The first half of the movie is glacial and could have benefited from major editting, it could have been half as long. The second half was good with the last third being the awesome movie I was expecting from the trailers. Had the first half been as well done as the second then it would have been a great movie.

The Town was full of fail. Poorly acted with a bad plot and cardboard characters. There were a couple of good action scenes but nothing to redeem the movie.

I saw the third Twilight film with my girlfriend and it was bad, the worst of the three according to her and her friend, the latter of which is actually into them. The plot was retarded, the acting was bad, and the writing was laughable but there was enough going on that it at least entertained the eyes while it stabbed the brain. It was better than the first Harry Potter movie (which was truly garbage) and probably the second, though my disdain for the source material makes it hard for me to say. It was also quite mockable which makes it bearable to sit through.

I feel like Avatar's problem is that it's been hailed as something other than what it is. It's a fun movie and mostly works as that, though it's too long to really fill that niche quite right. It's not deep, original, or particularly well written and there were a few too many mediocre actors in it.

'The Hurt Locker'
I didnt completely hate it but it was ridiculously overrated. A movie that spends 80% of its time on close-ups of people looking at things and breathing heavily. I know it was meant to build suspense but so many scenes were unnecessarily drawn out it was painful (like that car scene at the intersection). But my biggest issue are the fans who love how deep and/or political it is, they shit me to tears with their claims to some lofty grasp of ethics/politics/war that the ignorami masses aren't capable of grasping.

So I was walking down the hallway in the theather to see the new pirates movie, and I saw some movie posters.

Alvin and the chipmunks 3.

I've lost all faith in humanity.

WelcomeToNewReno said:
So I was walking down the hallway in the theather to see the new pirates movie...

So what did you think of the Pirates movie? I saw it saturday with the spouse.

That mocap cgi Tin Tin movie looks like it's gonna suck, like it is a cgi movie just for beign a cgi movie, it throws all of Tin TIn's style away in favor of a generic "relistic" look to everything, so much that you wonder why they bothered with the cgi or being it a Tin Tin movie, fuck hollywood, nothing can be left alone? and one of the three writers (thats a good sing, 3 writers) is the guy that directed the Scott Pilgrim movie...

Walpknut said:
That mocap cgi Tin Tin movie looks like it's gonna suck, like it is a cgi movie just for beign a cgi movie, it throws all of Tin TIn's style away in favor of a generic "relistic" look to everything, so much that you wonder why they bothered with the cgi or being it a Tin Tin movie, fuck hollywood, nothing can be left alone? and one of the three writers (thats a good sing, 3 writers) is the guy that directed the Scott Pilgrim movie...
Oh. :|

Bye bye, Tin Tin. :(

Why do I envision this thing as having the exact same voice cast as Kung Fu Panda II?

DammitBoy said:
WelcomeToNewReno said:
So I was walking down the hallway in the theather to see the new pirates movie...

So what did you think of the Pirates movie? I saw it saturday with the spouse.

It was really entertaining. I especially liked the take on mermaids.

[spoiler:8d13182363] I was thinking "People are afraid of mermaids? Look out! They're singing about being part of the surface world!" When I actually saw the mermaids attacking, I was thinking "Holy shit, those things are actually pretty creepy." [/spoiler:8d13182363]

Back