The best Moral Dilemma in the series?

Well, just from my experience, it sometimes seems like NCR is the only one you’re “allowed” to support, based on the extrapolations people like to make about you. If you like the Legion you’re a Trumper at best, a Nazi at worst.
Ropekid is Joshua Sawyer. Let's see what he has to say.

"It seems like not many people advocate Caesar's Legion without also openly aligning themselves with fascist / hard right beliefs personally, but a fair number of people who may consider themselves *~ liberal ~* will argue sincerely that the RDC is the best thing to come to the Deadfire Archipelago.

With Caesar's Legion, it's hard to avoid the obvious associations with real, historical dictatorships and later fascism in the 20th century via the adoption of Roman regalia. The Age of Sail and subsequent colonialism is less well-documented and the reasoning for cultural imperalism was always drawn in contrast with the perceived barbarism of the colonized cultures.

It becomes much easier for people to tolerate cultural imperialism and the subsequent erasure of native cultures when they find the practices of native cultures abhorrent."

And yet another failing of the New Vegas writers. Want to make it more morally nuanced? Give the tribes that the Legion conquered cultural practices that modern day audiences would find objectionable. Something like the human sacrifice of Mesoamerica clashing with the Conquistadores comes to mind.

Fallout 1 does have gray dilemma. One only, I think. Which is sending water caravans to our Vault 13. I ask you: were we supposed to know that Vault is such a valuable real estate that exposing Vault location is like lit bonfire in the night. Meanwhile V13 is in desperate for water. I think, even with this piece of knowledge, we players would probabbly make the choice favor sending caravans anyway. Gray AF!!!!

All other decisions are not that gray.

Back