The facial overacting...

I haven't found Nicky Valentine, but I can already tell that I will NOT be picking up Piper.

On the other hand, she would probably be someone my current character (dumb, good looking lucky blonde... like myself :P) would want to hang out with, so... I might have to endure her.

Last edited:
I haven't found Nicky Valentine, but I can already tell that I will NOT be picking up Piper.

On the other hand, she would probably be someone my current character (dumb, good looking lucky blonde... like myself :P) would want to hang out with, so... I might have to endure her.

Nicky is part of the main quest, so you'll run across him sooner or later.
Dunno if that happened with other companions as well, but twice now during combat the "Where do you want to send Nicky?" dismissal menu popped up, then I got the message that Nicky hates that and suddenly he turned hostile. Great. But it's nice that he exited his power armour before attacking me. Not that he had any plates left on it... Does anyone know how to order companions out of power armours? I'd like to repair them, or put them into better sets.

Yeah I didn't really expect BGS to make actually good companions/characters but I suppose they're good at making novelty characters.

Sulik will attack you if you cause trouble in Klamath you know,
Sulik is not my property and has an emotional investment with the people of Klamath.

And who's to say those vagrants haven't been kinder to him during your absence than you ever were?

What? I brought them there. He's been knowing me for more than 200 years. Why would he defend Sturges? It doesn't make sense.

Nicky is part of the main quest, so you'll run across him sooner or later.
Dunno if that happened with other companions as well, but twice now during combat the "Where do you want to send Nicky?" dismissal menu popped up, then I got the message that Nicky hates that and suddenly he turned hostile. Great. But it's nice that he exited his power armour before attacking me. Not that he had any plates left on it... Does anyone know how to order companions out of power armours? I'd like to repair them, or put them into better sets.

Hmm. I tend to do the main quest very last in these games (in fact I've never finished any Bethesda games at all, despite my insane Skyrim hours). I might try to do it this time, it seems they've put a little more thought into it than in the previous games.

The "Nick Angry, Nick Smash!" bug sounds weird. According to the wiki he does not like it if you attack robots and synths, but I'm guessing that's not your problem.

According to Reddit, try Commanding them, then Talk, and there should be an option to make them get out. Or Dismiss them and pickpocket the fusion core.

Does anyone know how to order companions out of power armours? I'd like to repair them, or put them into better sets.

It seems you have to talk to them and the option will come up. But it seems (what surprise ...) to be sometimes bugged.

Command -> talk -> remove power armour, maybe?

Does anyone know how to order companions out of power armours? I'd like to repair them, or put them into better sets.

It seems you have to talk to them and the option will come up. But it seems (what surprise ...) to be sometimes bugged.

Hm, gonna try that. Although Nicky's power armour suddenly repaired itself at one point (and actually added some parts, as far as I could tell).
I hope mods will add locks for craftable doors. Don't want those stupid Minutemen settlers stealing my power armours.

Yea, locks would be nice. My home is constantly visited by those lazy settlers. Who do they think they are?! I generously allow them to live in my town so that they work the fields and produce junk, not rest around MY home! back to work slackers!

Also, for some reason at least one keeps banging the wall next to the guns workbench. Seriously, stop it, it's annoying.

Yea, locks would be nice. My home is constantly visited by those lazy settlers. Who do they think they are?! I generously allow them to live in my town so that they work the fields and produce junk, not rest around MY home! back to work slackers!

Also, for some reason at least one keeps banging the wall next to the guns workbench. Seriously, stop it, it's annoying.

That's probably what they do when they're "idle", i.e. not assigned to anything. Build a guard tower or something and put them there.

I made my home in the Red Rocket station precisely for this reason. Population: 1, happiness: max.

How the fuck is Codsworth a good character? H'e's attacking ME HIS OWNER just because I'm sick and tired of these vagrants living in my beautiful Sanctuary Hills.

Then I can't even kill him.

Sulik will attack you if you cause trouble in Klamath you know, even though you found his sister and helped his village. Granted, Codsworth is a robot and as such shouldn't be allowed to attack his owner, but the whole theme of the game seems to be that robots are people too. And who's to say those vagrants haven't been kinder to him during your absence than you ever were?

I'll admit that I'm contriving to find a reason for a stupid game mechanic here. The "essential" actors is especially pissing me off, you can get around that by opening the console, finding their actor ID and calling "setessential 0". Or just clicking them and typing "disable", for a somewhat ham-handed approach.

The reason why I'm so infatuated with Codsworth is probably just his voice, especially his combat taunts. But I guess Lou wins on that, too. RIP Tony Jay.

Wait, how did you find Sulik sister. I thought its not in the game. Or it is mods?

It's the Restoration Project. You really need to try it :)
:mad: The number of days i spend going all across every inch of the map to find sulik sister. I killed every one in the slavers (they deserved it) but damn it. ok, looks like i have a new entry into my bucket list. I need to soothe aching grampy bones and his spirit.

It's the Restoration Project. You really need to try it :)
:mad: The number of days i spend going all across every inch of the map to find sulik sister. I killed every one in the slavers (they deserved it) but damn it. ok, looks like i have a new entry into my bucket list. I need to soothe aching grampy bones and his spirit.

That be a good thing, fren.

Meh, I hardly find this to be one of the main points of complaint. This is the first game from Bethesda where npc's actually feel somewhat alive and I appreciate that.

It's a shame that there is barely any dialogue to utilize this. The longest piece of dialogue I've experienced in the game so far was a raider telling another raider a random story. That conversation alone was better written, better voiced and had more lines than any conversation that was part of the main quest line so far. A really nice little touch, but I really question Bethesda's priorities here since I'm sure they are well aware that 95% of their players would kill those raiders long before they heard the entire conversation.

Meh, I hardly find this to be one of the main points of complaint. This is the first game from Bethesda where npc's actually feel somewhat alive and I appreciate that.

It's a shame that there is barely any dialogue to utilize this. The longest piece of dialogue I've experienced in the game so far was a raider telling another raider a random story. That conversation alone was better written, better voiced and had more lines than any conversation that was part of the main quest line so far. A really nice little touch, but I really question Bethesda's priorities here since I'm sure they are well aware that 95% of their players would kill those raiders long before they heard the entire conversation.

They should have listened to a much wiser creature though ... there is no try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hm, gonna try that. Although Nicky's power armour suddenly repaired itself at one point (and actually added some parts, as far as I could tell).
I hope mods will add locks for craftable doors. Don't want those stupid Minutemen settlers stealing my power armours.
\

Empty power armor frames, left empty, seem to populate themselves with parts eventually. I don't know this is a bug, or part of random generation procedures they use.

\

Empty power armor frames, left empty, seem to populate themselves with parts eventually. I don't know this is a bug, or part of random generation procedures they use.

I'll try it out. Leave a frame empty in my power armor shack, see what happens if left unattended.

/edit:
Also, fun times with companions: I get into a power armor, Cait (voice muffled through the helmet of the full set of power armor she's wearing): "Hey, and what am I supposed to wear?"
10/10 GOTY.

Last edited:

\

I'll try it out. Leave a frame empty in my power armor shack, see what happens if left unattended.

/edit:
Also, fun times with companions: I get into a power armor, Cait (voice muffled through the helmet of the full set of power armor she's wearing): "Hey, and what am I supposed to wear?"
10/10 GOTY.

Try leaving the frame out in the open, preferably with having another active frame on your body. It seems to save it well if its in a settlement, my guess is that it repopulates empty frames left outside settlement zones / away from the player. Treating it like a random empty frame.

/edit:
10/10 GOTY.
She wants power armour for her power armour.

NemesisDreadknight.jpg

/edit:
10/10 GOTY.
She wants power armour for her power armour.

NemesisDreadknight.jpg

I still can't believe that Matt Ward is not actually writing for Bethesda.

Back