The first Season of the Fallout tv show is out

Aw man, that sucks, I wanted to reply to more than one comments, but I guess I'll work around it, through other people.
You can, you just have to quote them in one message, though that does lead to a problem of visibility (meaning the person you are replying to might not see it mixed in with the rest of your message). Personally, I do find it a bit annoying to have to go in an copy each persons post, instead of replying to them individually. Especially when I'm not psychic and can't know if someone's about to reply before I have the chance to edit a post.

Aw man, that sucks, I wanted to reply to more than one comments, but I guess I'll work around it, through other people.
You can, you just have to quote them in one message, though that does lead to a problem of visibility (meaning the person you are replying to might not see it mixed in with the rest of your message). Personally, I do find it a bit annoying to have to go in an copy each persons post, instead of replying to them individually. Especially when I'm not psychic and can't know if someone's about to reply before I have the chance to edit a post.
You can use the "Reply" option (over the "Rad" button on the bottom right of a post) on different posts and the forum will copy/quote them all into your message (just like I did now). Then you can just write your individual replies under each quote (or under all quotes) appropriately.

You don't have to quote or reply only to one thing per message. :wiggle:

You can use the "Reply" option (over the "Rad" button on the bottom right of a post) on different posts and the forum will copy/quote them all into your message (just like I did now). Then you can just write your individual replies under each quote (or under all quotes) appropriately.

You don't have to quote or reply only to one thing per message. :wiggle:

What if someone replies while I'm in the process of posting an edit? Also, I'm just making an observation, as that's happened to me multiple times.

I feel like Tim Cain doesn't care about Fallout at all, he left Fallout 2 after all.
He's quite plainly talked about why he left Fallout 2. Passion doesn't fill your stomach and prevent you from having a mental breakdown. Tim has never owned the intellectual rights to Fallout, Tim does not find himself fond of working on sequels, no one really believed in his project until it was almost finished, he worked a lot on Fallout and was rewarded with more crunch and denial of his team's ideas and wants for Fallout 2. They couldn't even have the cover image for the game that his team wanted and had already made. They weren't allowed to make the tutorial skippable no matter what compromise they offered. I'd have fucked off after all that too.
He also bid on the Fallout IP rights when it went up for sale during his Troika era but Bethesda won that bid.

What if someone replies while I'm in the process of posting an edit? Also, I'm just making an observation, as that's happened to me multiple times.
Skill issue :shrug:

I think the only time I never see anyone say "quit double posting" is when they have a legitimate follow up post to a thread that's gone inactive for a decent time. But if you were the last post on a thread and came back a week or two later and said "bump" or some other useless shit, you'd probably get told to cut it out.

he worked a lot on Fallout and was rewarded with more crunch and denial of his team's ideas and wants for Fallout 2. They couldn't even have the cover image for the game that his team wanted and had already made. They weren't allowed to make the tutorial skippable no matter what compromise they offered.

What was the original cover image, and why weren’t they allowed? Seems very unfair to them. And I always wondered why they didn’t make the tutorial skippable, I never knew that they actually wanted to. Who’s the idiot who forbid them doing that?

I think the only time I never see anyone say "quit double posting" is when they have a legitimate follow up post to a thread that's gone inactive for a decent time. But if you were the last post on a thread and came back a week or two later and said "bump" or some other useless shit, you'd probably get told to cut it out.
What if the pace of a particular thread is all over the place? If I edit my message, after someone has just posted after me, isn't that against the rules?

What was the original cover image, and why weren’t they allowed? Seems very unfair to them. And I always wondered why they didn’t make the tutorial skippable, I never knew that they actually wanted to. Who’s the idiot who forbid them doing that?
Upper management type folks. They were mostly hands off of Fallout 1 because it was some silly side project the dudes in their mid-20s and early 30s were working on with a small team while they were focused on their D&D licensed games. Then it started to become clear their game had a lot of potential and they started to care about shit in it. Tim even mentions that their European branch said something about removing the children in the game or at least the ability to kill them before release and Tim was dumbfounded that they were mentioning these things so late in development because it was known for like 2 years.

The artwork the team wanted to use was a loading screen in Fallout 2
114110.jpg

They even said well this doesn't work it needs to be portrait oriented and apparently Boyarsky said it'd take him no time at all to make it portrait (which yeah I'd imagine it wouldn't lmao) and they just said no, they were going with the Enclave helmet. I think it was some contractual art piece and the cover sent back was that and Interplay wasn't going to waste the money spent on hiring someone to do their cover art or something. But they never asked the team working on the game about it according to Tim.

As for the tutorial, Tim wanted it to be skippable but was denied that and then he tried to make it skippable if you had already beaten the game before and they said no to that as well. Why? Fuck if I know. I figured the initial reason to force the tutorial into the game was fear of new players quitting the game without it but Tim's desire to skip it even post-game is completely reasonable. It's not on you if you say, "Here's how to play this game. But if you feel comfortable learning through trial and error or already know it, you may skip it" and someone skips it without knowing jackshit.

What if the pace of a particular thread is all over the place? If I edit my message, after someone has just posted after me, isn't that against the rules?
If it's a busy thread and someone posts right after you edited, oh well, you can't predict when the next post is coming. Rule number 4 says, "Do not double-post, there is an Edit function on this forum for adding more to the end of a thread if you are the last poster." It doesn't say you can't edit your post after someone else has posted. I'm no moderator either, I'm just stating what I've observed before and about the common etiquette on forums. (This is not unique to NMA)

God dammit, I'm getting destroyed by ratio on youtube comment sections against all those shills defending the show, first I accuse the show of retcons, they say those retcons make sense, I prove them wrong, they backpedal by saying Fallout 2 had retcons too(is it true though?) I, while having no idea, say Fallout 2 had retcons that brought something new and were easily explained, while Bethesda retcons did the opposite. Coming from Star Wars fandom it's confusing, most of the people there hаtе Sequel Trilogy, exactly for the reasons I hate Fallout TV show, sure, both are entertaining and fun, but plot, setting, retcons and motivations are just retarded. How Bethesda is able to gather such braindead consumer community, while Disney is currently experiencing record 700K dislike amount on their Acolyte trailer?

Upper management type folks. They were mostly hands off of Fallout 1 because it was some silly side project the dudes in their mid-20s and early 30s were working on with a small team while they were focused on their D&D licensed games. Then it started to become clear their game had a lot of potential and they started to care about shit in it. Tim even mentions that their European branch said something about removing the children in the game or at least the ability to kill them before release and Tim was dumbfounded that they were mentioning these things so late in development because it was known for like 2 years.

The artwork the team wanted to use was a loading screen in Fallout 2
114110.jpg

They even said well this doesn't work it needs to be portrait oriented and apparently Boyarsky said it'd take him no time at all to make it portrait (which yeah I'd imagine it wouldn't lmao) and they just said no, they were going with the Enclave helmet. I think it was some contractual art piece and the cover sent back was that and Interplay wasn't going to waste the money spent on hiring someone to do their cover art or something. But they never asked the team working on the game about it according to Tim.

As for the tutorial, Tim wanted it to be skippable but was denied that and then he tried to make it skippable if you had already beaten the game before and they said no to that as well. Why? Fuck if I know. I figured the initial reason to force the tutorial into the game was fear of new players quitting the game without it but Tim's desire to skip it even post-game is completely reasonable. It's not on you if you say, "Here's how to play this game. But if you feel comfortable learning through trial and error or already know it, you may skip it" and someone skips it without knowing jackshit.

Of course, classic fucking management. That tribal picture fits far better than the Enclave helmet (even if the Enclave helmet is cool) and I bet it would have been easy to make portrait.

As for the tutorial… I have no words really. Just reinforces why I really do not like upper management.

God dammit, I'm getting destroyed by ratio on youtube comment sections against all those shills defending the show, first I accuse the show of retcons, they say those retcons make sense, I prove them wrong, they backpedal by saying Fallout 2 had retcons too(is it true though?)

Off the top of my head, the Vault experiments might count as a retcon, but then again the Vaults themselves weren’t really a focal point of the first game.

God dammit, I'm getting destroyed by ratio on youtube comment sections against all those shills defending the show, first I accuse the show of retcons, they say those retcons make sense, I prove them wrong, they backpedal by saying Fallout 2 had retcons too(is it true though?) I, while having no idea, say Fallout 2 had retcons that brought something new and were easily explained, while Bethesda retcons did the opposite. Coming from Star Wars fandom it's confusing, most of the people there hаtе Sequel Trilogy, exactly for the reasons I hate Fallout TV show, sure, both are entertaining and fun, but plot, setting, retcons and motivations are just retarded. How Bethesda is able to gather such braindead consumer community, while Disney is currently experiencing record 700K dislike amount on their Acolyte trailer?
The talking point I’ve seen is that the location of the NCR (Shady Sands) was changed to be slightly east of where it was in the first game, so that justifies every retcon in the show.

Also Super Mutants were retconned to be immortal in Fallout 2 whereas ZAX in Fallout 1 says that their life span should only increase by 10%. Doubt you’ll ever see any Bethesda fans bring this up, though.

F2 does have a lot of things that are dumb but it’s nowhere near the level of Bethesda Fallout. Not to mention that the retcons are small. Sure, the vaults being experiments is dumb but even in F2 it’s not like every vault except a handful are experiments. In F3/NV/F4 almost all of the vaults are experiments. I don’t even understand how they could restart civilization with so few vaults and so few being non-experimental. The show had the chance to just redo the entire fallout series starting at F1 but instead they chose the worst possible option which is to retcon everything but also claim to retcon nothing.

Also, I hate the fourth wall breaking/mega type stuff. The intro being called “The end” and the action scenes being so goofy as to not be seen as being diegetic. Like why are the brotherhood running up to the observatory people close enough to be stabbed, when they have guns? It feels not real. Or the stimpak video game logic. Lucy flips someone over with a punch in Vault 4. It’s so accurate to the games in terms of the show behaving the way a game would. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see someone stuck in a wall or a companion blocking a doorway next season.

Last edited:
You can just make a new post after that reply. :wink:
If they post something relevant to your edit, you can say "Check the edit on my previous post" or something similar. No one will judge you or think bad of you for doing this. :nod:

Back