The first Season of the Fallout tv show is out

I just reached the part about the chickens. I think the show's meant to be a comedy.
It is, it's just not very funny for the most part. They even brought in Bo from Superstore (not just the actor, the actual character), and he's somehow less funny than in Superstore.
Well.

I forgot about the biggest “fourth wall/meta/game logic” moment in the show. The fucking automated turret. It’s like a couple feet away and fires probably a hundred rounds and doesn’t hit either the dog or the scientist. Wtf? Like what the fuck is actually going on there? That has to be a game reference somehow. I know the rest of the action in this show is dumb and John woo kill bill esque but they want to have these silly action scenes and a serious story. It just doesn’t translate to live action.
He took the Serendipity perk from fallout 76

Honestly I don’t think Fallout 3 had many retcons per se. Just a lot of poor writing and worldbuilding. Like, it’s not a retcon to send the Brotherhood across the country, it’s just lazy. Even saying that FEV exists outside of Mariposa and Super Mutants were being created in Vault 87 long before Richard Grey became the Master isn’t exactly a retcon, it’s just stupid.
Honestly, most of what Bethesda actually does wrong is tonally miss rather than retcon something. Or when they continuously strip down the aspects and designs that make a RPG a RPG fun to play in favor of making it more of an open world action and exploration game.

IMG_2099.jpeg

It seems Chris is the only person attached to the series in some way to not fall for the psyop.

I forgot about the biggest “fourth wall/meta/game logic” moment in the show. The fucking automated turret. It’s like a couple feet away and fires probably a hundred rounds and doesn’t hit either the dog or the scientist. Wtf? Like what the fuck is actually going on there? That has to be a game reference somehow. I know the rest of the action in this show is dumb and John woo kill bill esque but they want to have these silly action scenes and a serious story. It just doesn’t translate to live action.
Absolutely. I guess they couldn't make the turret just disappeared like in F76, so they went with that.

As I had mentioned in my post about the series, it's a translation of the cartoonesque, silly Bethesda Fallout, where you get a rocket launcher that fires teddy bears at people, where people subsist in fridges for the sake of a nod to an even worse movie, where the game loading screens encourage you to use a portative naval cannon because urk urk funny boom boom.

It's why I think the show is visually a success based on the directives given : someone here mentions everything looks like cardboard sets, and it's on purpose in my opinion. The latest games look that. So yeah, it looks crap but I still find it a sign of some sort of competence to have managed to carry that goofy look and feel from the games to the TV screen. Not that it's what I wanted to see, don't get me wrong...

Same goes for the general "smoothing" - I can't believe I didn't mention in my post about the apperance of Walton Ghoulggins, but someone has so thanks to them.
That, too, was started in the games.

I mean
never-understood-why-grecks-is-so-sensitive-about-his-lazy-v0-00e0rvgfexqb1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

And now it's one step further.

I'm guessing soon they'll just be standard humans, slightly pale.

Not sure if it's supposed to be a Comedy outright, but the mix doesn't work. It did in F2 because the silly bits were isolated and not the overarching tone and premise of the game. Same goes for NV.

I'm expecting more of this in the future season 2, I bet they're going to disseminate easter eggs with shots passing over "wild wasteland" type stuff - something dumb passes in the background, characters look at each other giong "huh?" then action resumes and fans go apeshit on Twitter praising the great reference to the "game material".

Last edited:
It's why I think the show is visually a success based on the directives given : someone here mentions everything looks like cardboard sets, and it's on purpose in my opinion. The latest games look that. So yeah, it looks crap but I still find it a sign of some sort of competence to have managed to carry that goofy look and feel from the games to the TV screen. Not that it's what I wanted to see, don't get me wrong...
Why didn't they just copy sets from Mad Max, A boy and his dog and other movies that were an inspiration for Fallout? Such an obvious move, but had to go with shitty sets.

Chris way of nuking the NCR was much more intriguing and logical than “Vault-Tec did it because the Overseer didn’t wanna pay alimony.”
Does anyone know of any interviews or discussions with Chris Avellone? The only ones I can find are related to the danger hair allegations. Also, Xwitter is retarded as even if I wanted to read his, I don't have an account, so all the Xweets are arranged by the most popular.

Does anyone know of any interviews or discussions with Chris Avellone? The only ones I can find are related to the danger hair allegations. Also, Xwitter is retarded as even if I wanted to read his, I don't have an account, so all the Xweets are arranged by the most popular.

He posts on Twitter and recently said he was putting together a review of the Fallout show and was gonna touch on the messy lore. Of course Bethestards are crying about how his criticism is gonna enable more "alt right hate" and threats on the creators. Aside from that he has a Medium that he hasn't touched since 2022.

View attachment 28497

“Nooooo Chris you have to shill or else everything bad that happens is your fault!!!!”
Bethesda shills deserve harassing.
I don't even understand, why Fallout has such a braindead cock-sucking community? Bethesda ruined franchise, just like other companies did with the likes of Star Wars, Halo, etc., and they're rightfully despised, what makes Bethesda different from them?

Last edited:
Totally normal guy who's okay with doxxing and death threats to fans of some dumb video game

Back