The Guns and Ammo Thread

Wooz said:
No, I meant 2 gauge.

Dude, you asked 'what would be better' not 'what better shotgun can I buy'.

By the way, I've read or heard that such cartridges exist. What would happen if you put those into a a SPAS-12?
2 gauge? modded grenade launchers perhaps. but those buckshots / slugs aren't any better than a 12 gauge.

you see, a human simply cant handle the kick if you pack a 2 gauge with real power.
it'd dislocate your shoulder and break your colarbone.

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
SuAside said:
what does that have to do with anything? most of the commerically available slugs and sabots are 12 gauge?

What.

Anyway, you asked what would be better than 12 ga. when it comes to shotguns. The answer is "slugs". Or, rather, Shotgun Slugs
and where did you fail to realise that shotgun slugs are fired from shotguns? i.e. 12 gauge slugs (or sabots) go into 12 gauge shotguns (without choke)? :?

SuAside said:
and where did you fail to realise that shotgun slugs are fired from shotguns? i.e. 12 gauge slugs (or sabots) go into 12 gauge shotguns (without choke)? :?

Shti, for some reason I read that you meant "shells" whenever you wrote 12 ga. My bad.

Well the thing was that the 12 gauge had a "brother" that was sawn off bout 40 years ago and it blew up 10 years ago. Haha.
It was actually kinda a funny sight if not deadly.

Potentially deadly.

SuAside said:
"better than 12 gauge"? What would exactly be better than 12 gauge when it comes to shotguns?

Ithaca 10 Gauge Magnum autoloader. The Ithaca's gas operation system moderated the perceived recoil of the big gun, and the more efficient 10 bore patterned the 3 1/2" steel loads better than any 12 gauge gun. Take a look at this article: http://www.chuckhawks.com/10gauge.htm

EDIT: I have heard about 10 gauge shotguns some years ago, but only now that you asked I took my time to Google it. I just found this article, but can't assure the info on it is true; but 10 gauge shotguns do exist for sure.

Makenshi said:
Ithaca 10 Gauge Magnum autoloader. The Ithaca's gas operation system moderated the perceived recoil of the big gun, and the more efficient 10 bore patterned the 3 1/2" steel loads better than any 12 gauge gun. Take a look at this article: http://www.chuckhawks.com/10gauge.htm

EDIT: I have heard about 10 gauge shotguns some years ago, but only now that you asked I took my time to Google it. I just found this article, but can't assure the info on it is true; but 10 gauge shotguns do exist for sure.
I hope you have fun relocating your shoulder each time you fire one of those 3+ inch 10 gauge magnums ;)

[PCE said:
el_Prez]You need to make a trip to big 5 buddy. My shotgun is over 50 years old and I fire it damn near every other weekend.
don't forget that old shotguns were often made to fire lead, not modern steel. so using steelshot can damage the barrel, as lead is a lot softer than steel is.

I went on shooting to the firing range but mostly using someone else's guns, fired a FN-FAL, a Garand, Rugger Mini 14, a 22 rifle and another 308 rifle.

I rather not spend money in guns for now, soon I will enter officers training in my nation's ground army and I will have access to plenty of firepower. :)

I want an M1 Garand so bad.... anyways i've seen my browning auto 5 go through about 20'000 rounds and that was before my dad gave it to me. Keep in mind that it was my grandfather's gun and he gave it to my dad so I'm sure that it has been through 100X as many rounds as i've seen. It still fires perfect so I really don't any problem.... when it comes to antique guns.... see my last post.

[PCE said:
el_Prez]I want an M1 Garand so bad....
then why don't you get one? those are dirtcheap in america and license stuff seems to be heaven overthere...

If by dirt cheap you mean 600 dollars at the least than your right. I live off of 530 dollars a month. The only way I could afford my springfield is because i went to Laughlin and won 670 bucks.

Vicious_Squid said:
Any other standard (non-magnum) pistol round besides .22 LR and .45 ACP is pointless.

The 9mm and 7.65xwhatever are stupid and only suited for boobs and gangbangers.
Oh thank you so much for enlightening all those 9mm users around the world... (with such stunning arguments, no less!)

Who died & made you king, kiddo?

Sure, 9mm etc have some shortcommings, but so do the .45 and .22, so wtf you going on about? It's nice to see you're obviously so much smarter than the millions (probably billion even) of gunowners and users that do not use .45's and .22's.

Yeah I really don't know what I was thinking back then, looking at this I can't believe I typed and communicated that nonsense back then lol.

Vicious_Squid said:
The 9mm and 7.65xwhatever are stupid and only suited for boobs and gangbangers.

There is a good reason why the German police uses the 9mm round...

guess what it is?

Back