The Guns and Ammo Thread

I want that Nighthawk and silencer man. Then all I need is an eyepatch.

Oh yes. If only.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's so cool

It's also cool to see this "early game garbage rifle" functioning as a real weapon also - loud and lethal. I've always had a bit of a pet peeve against damage-levels in firearms in games. "This weapon is weak, the bullets will just bounce off your face"

That's so cool

It's also cool to see this "early game garbage rifle" functioning as a real weapon also - loud and lethal. I've always had a bit of a pet peeve against damage-levels in firearms in games. "This weapon is weak, the bullets will just bounce off your face"
That thing was lethal in NV when the .223 ammo did a -8DT for some reason for a bit there. but yeah I get what you mean.

That thing was lethal in NV when .223 did a -8DT for some reason for a bit there. but yeah I get what you mean.

Yeah, NV isn't the best example, I admit - the "Service Rifle" is pretty good - especially when you first recieve it.
The sound though... is pathetic! *piff! piff, piff!*

Yeah, NV isn't the best example, I admit - the "Service Rifle" is pretty good - especially when you first recieve it.
The sound though... is pathetic! *piff! piff, piff!*
I'm just glad we get the Big Boy version of it with the Survivalist Rifle. I think the most egregious Gun Leveling bullshit I've seen was The Division. When your M4A1 does shit damage because it is only level 1 and you need to find a level 4 purple M4A1 to do more. but even then it doesn't matter because you've run across a lvl 7 New York Sanitation Worker who by the power of his safety vest can take more rounds to the face then all the ammo spent during Operation Urgent Fury.

I'm just glad we get the Big Boy version of it with the Survivalist Rifle. I think the most egregious Gun Leveling bullshit I've seen was The Division. When your M4A1 does shit damage because it is only level 1 and you need to find a level 4 purple M4A1 to do more. but even then it doesn't matter because you've run across a lvl 7 New York Sanitation Worker who by the power of his safety vest can take more rounds to the face then all the ammo spent during Operation Urgent Fury.

As someone that plays the Division.

3l3qrg.jpg

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/next-generation-squad-weapon-prototypes/

“The Army chose General Dynamics-OTS Inc., AAI Corporation Textron Systems and Sig Sauer Inc. — which makes the service's new Modular Handgun System — to deliver prototypes of both the automatic rifle and rifle versions of the NGSW, as well as hundreds of thousands of rounds of special 6.8mm ammunition common to both weapons”

So the yanks are ditching 5.56 after insisting everyone should be using it

Are they though? US Military has been "looking into new rifles" since forever. I'm by now suspecting it is some sort of ploy to have all kinds of weapons manufacturers throw away time and money coming up with ambitious designs, like the stupid "OICW"
500 years from now, while everyone else shoots lazors, the US military will be like a weird remnant of primitive troops, still running around with their AR-15 type carbines.

5.56 is based on 223 remington

I get that its only for trials but it comes after they killed so many good designs by brits, french and germans

Meanwhile in germany, HK was given back the new armaments contract after promising to step up their quality control. Americans are gonna come to the same conclusion, that maybe its better to keep that money in the country

Back