The Legion Returning?

Oh definitely. I'd put my "bullet" in that body anytime.

Vulpes_inculta_by_zerinku-d4mdbth.gif

I'd like to see a total collapse of the Legion, and then a war between loads of different tribes led by different people. Like, Lucius vs Lanius.

I would have liked the Legion as a concept much more if they didn't use latin so heavily, if at all. However, I'm fine with the Roman military aesthetic.

I guess the best thing for a Legion focused game would be to make a game that takes place after Caesar's demise (actual cause left ambiguous to allow any sort of canon) in main Legion territories. It could be a self-contained spin-off based on the Legion with factions like the NCR making token appearances at best.

The game may focus on several factions that arise due to either a successor not living up to Caesar (in the eyes of some of the members of the Legion) or a power struggle between the current leaders (i.e people similar to Vulpes opposing the practices advocated by someone like Lanius etc).

At the same time, more of life in Legion territories is presented to the players that either validates pre-conceptions of life in the Legion or invalidates said pre-conceptions (personally, I'd prefer a mix of both just to drum up more debates).

For such a game, the player would initially have a personal stake as a result of the actions of someone in the power struggle (kinda like Benny shooting the Courier in the head that makes things personal or creates questions that deserve some kind of answer) that winds up bringing said player into this larger conflict. The player ends up being able to shape the direction of the Legion's future and the sort (either keeping it in line with current Legion principles, adapting said principles to give the Legion a better impression for pragmatism, making it even more like Ancient Rome etc).

EDIT:
Really? I can listen to Caesar talk all day.
For your perusal then:

I guess the best thing for a Legion focused game would be to make a game that takes place after Caesar's demise (actual cause left ambiguous to allow any sort of canon) in main Legion territories. It could be a self-contained spin-off based on the Legion with factions like the NCR making token appearances at best.

The game may focus on several factions that arise due to either a successor not living up to Caesar (in the eyes of some of the members of the Legion) or a power struggle between the current leaders (i.e people similar to Vulpes opposing the practices advocated by someone like Lanius etc).

At the same time, more of life in Legion territories is presented to the players that either validates pre-conceptions of life in the Legion or invalidates said pre-conceptions (personally, I'd prefer a mix of both just to drum up more debates).

For such a game, the player would initially have a personal stake as a result of the actions of someone in the power struggle (kinda like Benny shooting the Courier in the head that makes things personal or creates questions that deserve some kind of answer) that winds up bringing said player into this larger conflict. The player ends up being able to shape the direction of the Legion's future and the sort (either keeping it in line with current Legion principles, adapting said principles to give the Legion a better impression for pragmatism, making it even more like Ancient Rome etc).
Now that I think about it, I can kind of see this happening with Tyranny. There's been ongoing discussion and theory, in this site and somewhere in the Codex, of how it might turns out Kyros were long dead/deified/something like that by the time the player enter the picture, and have to participate in the dealings of the Archons. But hey! It's just a theory.

Now that I think about it, I can kind of see this happening with Tyranny. There's been ongoing discussion and theory, in this site and somewhere in the Codex, of how it might turns out Kyros were long dead/deified/something like that by the time the player enter the picture, and have to participate in the dealings of the Archons. But hey! It's just a theory.
That could be the big revelation for that particular game though I think this idea may feel like a repetition of the big revelation in Pillars of Eternity. I won't mind it as much if it is done right with proper execution but it'll probably be something that can be noticed quickly.

Perhaps Obsidian would have made a Legion spin-off along the lines of the ideas that many have suggested here but since they can't get the license from Beth, they'll use aforesaid ideas that they may have thought up on their own in Tyranny instead.

The ones in New Vegas? Faq no. If they were actually developed beyond Caesar giving rhetorics with actual towns? Sure, that´d be cool.

Imagine what they would like. Slave town destroyed and rubble but in an roman style

But we never seen them, they could all be hogwash created as Legion propaganda.
It isn't. You get to talk to Dale Barton, a merchant. He and several other people out there in the Mojave (particularly Cass) confirmed how traders and merchants alike had no need to hire guards to watch out for raiders who might threaten their caravans. How could no town and settlements to flourish under that kind of condition would be a very strange phenomena.

Oh, and propaganda ain't the Legion thing (except for when they wanted to trick the Great Khans. Though, that might have been due to the Great Khans being pretty stubborn and too independent to work with other groups, as evidenced by them refusing to work and leave for Mr. House, so even the Legion had to resort to trickery to gain the Great Khans support).

It isn't. You get to talk to Dale Barton, a merchant. He and several other people out there in the Mojave (particularly Cass) confirmed how traders and merchants alike had no need to hire guards to watch out for raiders who might threaten their caravans. How could no town and settlements to flourish under that kind of condition would be a very strange phenomena.

Oh, and propaganda ain't the Legion thing (except for when they wanted to trick the Great Khans. Though, that might have been due to the Great Khans being pretty stubborn and too independent to work with other groups, as evidenced by them refusing to work and leave for Mr. House, so even the Legion had to resort to trickery to gain the Great Khans support).
It's surprising how little propaganda the Legion creates. They rely on early brainwashing and then leave it there... their brainwashing techniques are so good that the Legion soldiers don't doubt anything they do, years after their training.

It's surprising how little propaganda the Legion creates. They rely on early brainwashing and then leave it there... their brainwashing techniques are so good that the Legion soldiers don't doubt anything they do, years after their training.
If I would look past some of the practices I don´t agree with, the only problem I can see is Caesar not training a protege in the ways of leadership, since without him, the Legion turns into basically a raider faction (more so at least), if we take what happens in the Legate ending seriously, anyway.

Back