The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Malkavian said:
Member of Khans said:
Nirvana - In Bloom
The White Stripes - In te cold, cold night

(+1... this is a +1 thread, isn't it?)

You're listening to two songs at once? Two shitty songs, at that?
The White Stripes are not shitty at all. Nirvana neither/nor/fuck this language

Pink Floyd - High Notes (live)

Don't worry about Malkavian Buxbaum. If the music isn't made in someone's basement by a bunch of thrashmetal guitarsheads he considers it crap.

Those of us with less close-minded tastes appreciate your input. Although my favorite Nirvana tune is Rape Me, but meh.

Malkavian said:
Member of Khans said:
Nirvana - In Bloom
The White Stripes - In te cold, cold night

(+1... this is a +1 thread, isn't it?)

You're listening to two songs at once? Two shitty songs, at that?

No, I started writing this post while listening to Nirvana and Winamp decided it was time for The White Stripes.

N24 News Network - N24 News

Why the White Stripes are horrible:

The drummer plays pretty much the same basic beat in every song.

Jack White, the talentless hack, could write a song about mayonaisse and ants, play a chord and then let his guitar feedback for 3 minutes, and people would think it's utterly amazing.

If you want to listen to blues, listen to Muddy Waters or BB King.

Also, Nirvana are pretty much a talentless band, with the exception of Dave Grohl, who is a brilliant drummer. That being said, they were good song writers. In Utero is a great album.

And don't come with that "but they're important" bullshit, because it's just that - bullshit. They aren't important at all. The only lasting impact they've had on music is the spawning of shitty bands that try to be them, like Puddle of Mudd.

Thursday - Paris in Flames

Meg Whites drumming is so popular because it showes that you don't need to play double bass @ 300 bpm to be a cool drummer. These are simple rock songs and the simple structure creates a quite lovely feeling :)

On the other side the band is mainly focused on Jacks guitar playing and his riffs are simple but they rock, too :) So the White Stripes are a cool band :)

Listening to:

The Doors - People are strange

and

The Whirlwind Heat - Purple (check out this song; a band that was supported by Jack White and they look a bit like the German band Tocotronic; and they play no normal e-guitar just a bass guitar and drums.)

mvBarracuda said:
Meg Whites drumming is so popular because it showes that you don't need to play double bass @ 300 bpm to be a cool drummer. These are simple rock songs and the simple structure creates a quite lovely feeling :)

On the other side the band is mainly focused on Jacks guitar playing and his riffs are simple but they rock, too :) So the White Stripes are a cool band :)

stfuyoda.jpg

"This band is cool because they don't know how to properly play their instruments!"

Sorry, doesn't cut it for me.

Every Time I Die - Jimmy Tango's Method

You gotta love the soft and nice sound of Kings of Convenience.

But now theese days:

Sage Francis - A Healthy Distrust

-M-

Malkavian said:
"This band is cool because they don't know how to properly play their instruments!"

Sorry, doesn't cut it for me.
Maybe they don't play their instruments the way YOU like it... I think that doesn't mean they are not able to play their instruments at all. Believe me, I know and like many bands who REALLY don't know how to play properly.
Enough of that...

---

Fear Factory - Cyberwaste

Back