The Obligatory "What are you listening to" Thread

Buxbaum666 said:
Malkavian said:
"This band is cool because they don't know how to properly play their instruments!"

Sorry, doesn't cut it for me.
Maybe they don't play their instruments the way YOU like it... I think that doesn't mean they are not able to play their instruments at all. Believe me, I know and like many bands who REALLY don't know how to play properly.
Enough of that...

I have an extremely broad taste in music. Jack White and Meg White cannot play their instruments with skill. He knows a few blues chords and how to improvise a horrible horrible solo, and how to make weird sounds. She knows some basic jazz beats. There is absolutely no reason for them to have achieved the popularity they have achieved, because they are not talented in any way shape or form.

Strike Anywhere - Chorus of One

Li'l Jon and the Eastside boys feat. Ice Cube - Roll Call.

They make up for it in enthusiasm, and catchy songs though. You are correct on them having little training or talent though.

Malkavian said:
I have an extremely broad taste in music. Jack White and Meg White cannot play their instruments with skill. He knows a few blues chords and how to improvise a horrible horrible solo, and how to make weird sounds. She knows some basic jazz beats. There is absolutely no reason for them to have achieved the popularity they have achieved, because they are not talented in any way shape or form.
Uh ... Malky, surely the point of music is to make pleasing sounds.
If you don't enjoy it then fair enough, don't try to deny others that right.

Ugh, what am I listening to.
Cathy Davey - Cold Man's Nightmare.

Big T said:
Malkavian said:

No.

Darkest Hour - Eclipse

Malkavian said:
Big T said:
No.
Well, thank you for that enlightening response.

Tell me, do you have an overwhelming urge to educate people on their musical foibles, or do you just not like people to have their own opinions independantly from yours?

You know. A little from column A, a little from column B.

Radiohead - Karma Police

How can you talk about playing proper guitar and not mention Jimmy Hendrix??

Guano Apes -Gogan

Because he didn't know the first thing about "proper" guitar playing. He got by on talent alone, not training, or education.

Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine.

My girlfriend, whining yet again.

Wooz said:
Since WHEN do you have a 'girlfriend'?

Since I started going out in Lederhosen with my dick hanging out. The recipe to success. :D

Back