The Roleplaying Thread - What Fallout 4 lacked in opportunities

I was an unfortunate soul which stumbled upon a couple of pictures of a female player character having intercourse with a horse. Some things just can't be unseen, always thought it was a joke until someone posted a link to one of those LoversLab threads as proof. Also there were those female Deathclaws that someone posted a picture of that was absolutely repulsive, who decided to sit down one day and say "I wonder what boobs on a Deathclaw looks like?".

I was an unfortunate soul which stumbled upon a couple of pictures of a female player character having intercourse with a horse. Some things just can't be unseen, always thought it was a joke until someone posted a link to one of those LoversLab threads as proof. Also there were those female Deathclaws that someone posted a picture of that was absolutely repulsive, who decided to sit down one day and say "I wonder what boobs on a Deathclaw looks like?".

Hey could've been worse, could have been boobs on a Bloodbug.

Oh God no what have I don-

Patches wouldn't do good to a real shit.

Dialogue trees must be entirely redone to make it better. Not adding some fancy dialogue options.

Every dialogue is bad, every single one.

Patches wouldn't do good to a real shit.

Dialogue trees must be entirely redone to make it better. Not adding some fancy dialogue options.

Every dialogue is bad, every single one.

To be fair, if they stole any modder's work, they should steal the "display responses" bit.

To be fair, if they stole any modder's work, they should steal the "display responses" bit.

Or, you know, they could actually just give the Modder credit and pay them a bit of money for the mod.

Anyway, one of the lack of RPG opportunities that pissed me off the most when the game was finally finished is the fact that there's no fucking Raider ending even with Nuka World. You can convert settlements into raider camps but a lot of raiders are still hostile to you regardless and oblivious to the fact you're a raider overlord. I mean come on, the actual endings to FO4 are just 3 slides copied and pasted with a slightly different voiced narrative. It would have taken 2 seconds to make a new raider ending. Also the Minutemen are still immune even if you side with the Raiders and Preston Garvey still keeps you on as General even if you try to kill him.

There's also the fact that even if you're a Raider Leader, you STILL can't go to East City Downs or the Combat Zone without everyone going hostile immediately, despite the fact there's cut dialogue in the game that indicated we'd be able to. This was the perfect DLC to add that back in. This is worse than if you join the Church of Atom in Far Harbor, the Atomites back on the Mainland are still hostile to you no matter what.

Or, you know, they could actually just give the Modder credit and pay them a bit of money for the mod.

I was being sarcastic, just to be clear.

Anyway, one of the lack of RPG opportunities that pissed me off the most when the game was finally finished is the fact that there's no fucking Raider ending even with Nuka World. You can convert settlements into raider camps but a lot of raiders are still hostile to you regardless and oblivious to the fact you're a raider overlord. I mean come on, the actual endings to FO4 are just 3 slides copied and pasted with a slightly different voiced narrative. It would have taken 2 seconds to make a new raider ending. Also the Minutemen are still immune even if you side with the Raiders and Preston Garvey still keeps you on as General even if you try to kill him.

To be fair, most of the Commonwealth are unaffiliated gangs. There's no Raider Union you belong to. You're Grove Street, they're Ballers.

There's also the fact that even if you're a Raider Leader, you STILL can't go to East City Downs or the Combat Zone without everyone going hostile immediately, despite the fact there's cut dialogue in the game that indicated we'd be able to. This was the perfect DLC to add that back in. This is worse than if you join the Church of Atom in Far Harbor, the Atomites back on the Mainland are still hostile to you no matter what.

It would have been nice to add a Raider ending and update those zones regardless, I agree.

Last edited:
To be fair, most of the Capital Wasteland are unaffiliated gangs. There's no Raider Union you belong to. You're Grove Street, they're Ballers.
I think that the point about it is how pointless it is. It doesn't unlock anything really. You're just given the chance to slightly modify your settlements. Contraptions offered more than Nuka World did to the settlement system. Doesn't matter how much of Boston you take over, no raider tribe will fear your power or try to ally themselves with you. Nothing changes.

I mean, NW could have been some sort of "Dawnguard - Raider
vers."
Ignoring if it was good or bad, it did add vampires and vampire mechanics all over the game.
Imagine Dawnguard in Falluto but with Raiders. It'd be for the incomprehensible raider fetish most Nu-Fallout fans (ESPECIALLY FO3's) have, but at least it would be more content to expand on the game...
You know, to NOT take the "modders will do it" attitude they have now for a change.

Anyway, I really think it is time to get back to the topic at hand.
Different ways to finish quests: hardly any talking down, no finding clues except in two detective cases etc.

Unable to kill certain NPCs, ruining immersion

Nothing on par with nuking an entire town or assisting cannibals

Forcing character to help others and build towns in order to unlock more content

Forcing character to attack said towns to unlock more DLC content

Each character is generally the same thanks to no level cap

Have I missed any?

Back