The screenshots thread

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Hopper, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Tom9k

Tom9k Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 21, 2007
    Screens like this keeps me in a fake idea that I can speak German too :)

2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    I've posted it at Moddb already and now I figured that I can post it here as well. You don't even need german for that one!

3. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    That Van Buren artwork looks pretty effective Lexx. 8-)

4. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Yea, I love my mine maps. I always hated cave dungeons in Fallout, but this stuff feels p.cool to me.

The VB graphics are blending into the existing artworks extremely well. Great work on Continuum's side.

5. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Anyone having some new stuff to show? I would be interested in some eye candy from the Olympus guys especially. :)

6. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Hey Solar your banner is looking mighty fine. Is that Planescape monsters I see?

7. Surf Solar

Aug 20, 2009
    Thanks! (any Mutants Rising snippet you could post? :D )

No, the monster was made by a russian modder on the fonline.ru boards, I am trying to find the link when I am at home (it's written in the WR credits files). It was posted here on NMA too, I think (by dude101 IIRC).

8. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Well, we did just revamp the whole gallery, in case you missed it... :shock:

9. Surf Solar

Aug 20, 2009
    Damn, not a screenshot, but those new artworks are slick! :D "Mason" looks suspiciously familiar. 8-)

10. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Just for you...the planes from Fallout Tactics are being prettied up for a map in Mutants Rising. The original ones were washed out and ugly. Tactics has some good stuff, if you're willing to work on the artwork to give it that special Fallout look. I'm still learning how to do it, Rainman and Conti are pretty good at repainting. :)

11. Surf Solar

Aug 20, 2009
    Very nice, those "dunes" covering it in the sand look perfect and the repainting too. IMO it could even use a bit more rust, but that's just me. :P

12. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I saw this creepy thing over at your site - it looks great. Is it fully animated? Was it ripped from another game?

13. Surf Solar

Aug 20, 2009
    It's part of an experiment we did with our 3d models - it actually uses all the standard animations that the normal dude has, only the actual model and its "bones" are changed- but since these critters won't use any weapons anyway it is barely noticable. It looks really funny and yeah, a bit creepy ingame. :D

14. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    I once tried to get the FT crashed Zeppelin into a Fallouty tone, but it had too many tiny details 'n shit and I could never bother with finishing it. The plane looks pretty good, can't even remember that it was in the game. You'll have to get some wings fitting to it too, though. If you have it as-is lying in the wasteland, it will look strange.

15. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    It's at an airfield, so it should fit in with the other junk.

16. tester123

tester123 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 16, 2011
    Could you tell me how you did snowy wasteland for What remains?

I think it has made by 3D software so can I do something like this by example CryEngine editor. I will make enviroment and then I do "screenshots" with geomethry of Fallout and paste it in mapper for FOnline engine? How can I do it?

17. Surf Solar

Aug 20, 2009
    As said in the answer to the PM you sent me, I render a rough plane with a texture I want in the fallout perspective and then paint over it by hand in Photoshop. ;)

18. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    How much does it slow the game down?

19. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    This is how I'd do it, Pixi...

it needs more work, of course... but finishing it wasn't the point... highlights behind the pilots compartment aren't really accurate, but again, this wasn't the point...

------------------------EDIT

@ monsters

they're are looking pretty funny... and that dude in robes looks like a sorcerer casting spells... :? that banner looks like some advertisement of post nucular (due to three Fallout critters) fantasy stuff (everything else) :o Definitely not my type of game... ;)

20. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    That underling creature looks real creepy/horrifying.
    I like that plane too especially the south east facing one dunno why but somehow that looks better then the other views.
    And its nice to see some screens from Shattered Destiny.