The Steam Summer Sale starts this Thursday (probably)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Brother None, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Everybody ready?

2. Dead Guy

Dead Guy Senate Board Director oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 9, 2008
    WEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :aiee:

<s>More games I can collect cards in!</s>

Oh man, BN, that throwing cash gif might be even better than your rapper one.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    If only I had a credit card :cry:

4. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    I'm soon to be broke! But i will get paid soon enough so hopefully i don't miss anything in my list!.. But sadly i've spent way to much cash this year so i'm not sure if i can get more than 2-3 games max this month :(

Or maybe just skipp the "bad" games and go for COH 2 even if it isn't on sale since because i won't just play it for an hour or two like some of the other games!

6. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    I have nothing to buy
    whew :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    Ready as I'll ever be.

I have no money, and probably never will, that is :(

8. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I know of no game that interests me right now. Let's hope it stays like that.

9. Wastewander

Wastewander It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 6, 2011
    Got a few games I've been wanting to buy. Hopefully I can get them dirt cheap, and just continue to add to my longish backlog of games.

10. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Yep.

I no longer have reason to live.

11. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Holy shit that's some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen. Valve fans are so weird.

12. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    I only buy games if they are at least 50% off.. Damn i'm cheap :twisted:
    I guess COH 2 won't be on sale due to it being so new.. But i will look out for Metro last light , stalker clear sky and maybe some Bioshock i guess.

13. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Vault Senior Citizen

Mar 16, 2013

OH LAWD!

Seriously though, I hope its better than that last sale.

I'm thinking of buying Dead Space 1&2 and maybe Killing Floor.

I'll probably end up with octuple that though.

14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    If I get access to a Credit card I would be buying Rayman Origins, Deadpool the game, Quantic Conondrum and Rogue Legacy.

15. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Seriously.. I'm not a fan of any super hero crap but after watching some gameplay and some random pictures on the net i must say that i love deadpool even if the game looks like any other console crap :P

16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Deadpool is a pretty shlocky game, but shamelessly so without trying to seem like it's some deep story about nothing. I am all up for that, the humor is childish, but then I again I still laugh at puns, so whatever.

17. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Pff! Real grown up doesn't laugh at those childish things!

To be honnest i was giggeling like a schoolgirl when i saw piddsomething play it on youtube.

The game is rather new isn't it? If so i would not expect a sale this time! And why don't you have a visa? It's not like it cost much to have! Even my cheap ass got one.

18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    For 2 reasons:

1. Credit ards are not that common here in Colombia, we can get them, but most people are not into them.

and

2. I just graduated from the University and I don't have a job yet, I need to be making twice of the minimal wage to be elegible for one. I have money, but I need to ask the few people with credt cards that I know to lend me theirs and I pay them upfront what I used, but then agan, point 1 comes back, even people with credit cards don't like to use them that much.

19. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Is there some way to lock myself out of my Steam account until the sale is over? I think I still have lots of games from the last Steam summer sale that I haven't played. Also I'm broke.

20. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

Ask around for a debit card - it works the same way as the credit card, but there is no regular income required for you to have it. At least that's in my case.

I'm a student, not making any real money, but I'm using the card.

That being said, I don't think I'll buy anything on Steam. GoG ate a whole lot of my cash, and I have some expenses aside, and on top of all I still have plenty of games in my Library I haven't even started yet (Metro 2033, Legend of Grimrock - thanks BN and so on)...so...yeah...