There's two kinds of people in the world

valcik said:
TucoX said:
.. or wasp that stung me
Oh yes. I'm really afraid of angry hornets. If some of those monsters slips behind the insect screen, I'll kill it ruthlessly with my trusty frying pan!

Aren't those the size of a lemming? :I
I'm usually fine with even wasps, but insects surpassing a certain size will just bypass all of my animal-lover settings :(
I don't think I would try to kill it tho, it would be like killing a huge, scaly rodent, but I would definitely be... uh... distressed :I

I tolerate spiders that keep away from me and the bed. Some spiders near the windows makes less mosquitoes in the bedroom.
But if they reach a certain size I get rather uncomfortable, especially if they wander about. My girlfriend once woke me up in the middle of the night. She'd been reading and saw a spider near the bed. It was disgustingly big. I had to kill it and I don't like killing them. Not because I'm sorry but because I feel ill when I have to get near them. And maybe I miss and it's still alive and in close proximity to my hand that is holding the shoe I tried to squish it with.

I once saw a large spider on the ceiling and tried to kill it using a broom wrapped in tissue. It seemed to work and the spider was lying on top of the broom. I then proceeded to walk to the bathroom, broom in hand, when it happened: the goddamn spider fell to the ground. I nearly died. I picked it up using some toilet paper and threw it into the toilet. Once it hit the water, the spider I thought dead started to twist and move its legs - I had obviously only knocked it out and it was alive all the time. Ugh.

I don't care for spiders.

That means I feel no pity and I do not like them. But I don't go out of my way to kill them unless they are bothering me or someone around me. If the spider just crawls across the kitchen floor and is not too big, I let it be. If it's crawling anywhere near my guitar or amp, or computer, or bed, I kill it dead. If it's very big (like, more than 2 inches), I'll get a cup and kill the spider with acetone or whatever, and frame it.

I don't live in australia, so foot long insects really aren't very common. Thankfully.

Centipedes, on the other hand, I kill them with a passion. I do not approve of that many legs.

I'm also a profissient fly serial killer. But those are just annoying all the time.

Wasps/ hornets are the only insects that bother me in the slightest; I can handle (literally) spiders without the slightest sense of fear or repulsion, if a wasp makes physical contact with me I loose my shit though. I'm a very calm person in almost any scenario, wasps and hypodermic needles are the only things which trigger in me waves of pure hysterical panic. I honestly think I would react better if threatened at gun point, than if a wasp landed on my face.

Yoshi525 said:
Wasps/ hornets are the only insects that bother me in the slightest; I can handle (literally) spiders without the slightest sense of fear or repulsion, if a wasp makes physical contact with me I loose my shit though. I'm a very calm person in almost any scenario, wasps and hypodermic needles are the only things which trigger in me waves of pure hysterical panic. I honestly think I would react better if threatened at gun point, than if a wasp landed on my face.

I once guided a wasp onto my hand, on the bus, because I didn't think it deserved to die a pointless death on the bus, when the exit door is so close by. I got weird looks, yes. I wasn't too brave about it tho, and pretty nervous the whole ride, but I figured if I just trust what I know about them, and avoid triggering any of it's urges to attack, I should be fine, and I was. I let the wasp fly free just a few stops later :]

I often make an ass of myself, being all "mister science" explaining to my friends how easily you can get rid of a wasp by slowly annoying it. It actually works, by avoiding fast movements, you can bother it - without triggering its attack reflex, instead it will fly away. You basically mimmick branches waving in the wind and such, movements the wasp won't waste precious venom on.
And make an ass, as in, I'm all explaining how it works, a wasp appears, and I get all twitchy jumpy evady, and not at all exemplaric of my own theory :I Hey! If it gets too close, I just wanna get the fuck away! :D

Hornets are harmless unless you get too close to a nest. They don't eat human food but do consume other insects (like wasps, who do). They sure look impressive, though.
Wasps are just assholes.

Just be glad you don't live in Asia. The Asian Giant Hornet is also called the yak killer hornet. The sight of one of these anywhere near me would likely cause a loss of bladder control accompanied by much screaming. Anybody got an automatic shotgun handy?

Picture_Vespa.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

Richwizard said:
Just be glad you don't live in Asia. The Asian Giant Hornet is also called the yak killer hornet. The sight of one of these anywhere near me would likely cause a loss of bladder control accompanied by much screaming. Anybody got an automatic shotgun handy?

Picture_Vespa.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

Those are the ones I was refering to up there. One of those would send all my "scientific theory" right out the window, and I would scurry around making uncomfortable sounds :I

I really hate the fact that THAT IS REAL!!!!!
God damn...
Just how big will those things be in the 23rd century for god sakes!

I kill every damn thing that comes my way,for pleasure.I've had fun with stinkbug season.I've dropped probably 500 in a glass of windex.Watching them swim in it gave me pleasure.Wasps,I burn those to death.And yes,there are only two kinds of people,the living,and the dead

500Magnum said:
I kill every damn thing that comes my way,for pleasure.I've had fun with stinkbug season.I've dropped probably 500 in a glass of windex.Watching them swim in it gave me pleasure.Wasps,I burn those to death.And yes,there are only two kinds of people,the living,and the dead

:I

*repeatedly hits silent alarm button*

This was a good thread.

Usually when I see a spider, even near my bed, I'm pretty chill about it. They keep the roach population down.

Speaking of roaches... I FUCKING HATE them. They and their hellspawn deserve the unholy wrath of a hundred holocausts.

As long as they're not massive and away from me, I generally have little issue with spiders. Hell the little jumping ones fascinate me.

Big ones that suddenly appear from nowhere scuttling across the floor towards me? Nopefuckthisimgoneyoudealwithitdontcareimmaleitsnotmyproblem.

As someone who hates spiders, I still try not to kill them. Thing is, I now have a small infestation of spiders in my apartment. Living on the ground floor has its drawbacks. Luckily these spiders are very small and not so frightening, but on some days I can see three of them on different occasions. With that many spiders, I don't really mind squashing a few. I'd rather not have them keep multiplying.

My grandfather used to say the two types of people were givers and takers.

And you know what, I think I'd tend to agree with that. However, I don't really think I'm either. I don't give a shit but I don't take shit either. So I can only conclude that I'm not a person.

Anyway, in regards to spiders I tend to just let them hang out in my house in hopes that they keep my house from being overrun with ants, flies, or mosquitoes. Same with centipedes, even though those guys give me the heebie-jeebies.

Back