This might not be the most blasphemous game anymore...

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
With the recent announcement of being able to play as a ghoul for "the first time" in an upcoming update in Fallout: 76, it sparked a lot of inspiration in me to create these: some are just simply memes, while others are just stating the facts!

Lumii_20240609_195953385_1_1.jpg

Lumii_20240610_204809258_1.jpg

Okay, this pic/meme in particular is one of the reasons why I don't really count The Fallout Tactics Recruits as the first playable ghouls in the series. Because unless you can play as a ghoul right from the start of the game, & not midway. They don't count!
Lumii_20240613_154212171_1_1.jpg

:ok: :nod: :cool:

Credits to TriangleCity for sharing this on his YouTube Channel's Community Page, since Bawls Guarana Energy Drink was promoted A LOT in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, it seems that to return the favor, Bawls promoted Fallout: BOS on their website:
View attachment 28732

[BTW, I'm gonna paraphrase a comment that was made in the comment section of that community post]

You know if Bawls actually used a slogan for the pic above, I don't think something like "Grab your Bawls and Brotherhood of Steel" would've rolled off the tongue quite as well, wouldn't you agree?

@Bawls Lover what do you think?

:confused: ;)

People just weren't ready to have bawls in their mouth at the time

Lumii_20240623_152638923.jpg

Again, going by "Brendaniel's Logic" from his video essay/review of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, this meme is in fact true. Even though it's from a technicality!

:ok: :-D :roffle:

Lumii_20240731_165521330_1.jpg

You know, does anyone else find it interesting that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is the only Fallout game that doesn't showcase the prominent/main Power Armor of the game? I mean, I know BlondeGuyGamer pointed this out in his review of BOS, the thing is why is that?

:confused:

Heh, and what a way to have it stand out amongst the others, it must be special or something.

;)

You know, does anyone else find it interesting that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is the only Fallout game that doesn't showcase the prominent/main Power Armor of the game? I mean, I know BlondeGuyGamer pointed this out in his review of BOS, the thing is why is that?
Well, the first game set the precedent and the armor was the late game armor to have. But I'd say there are many other reasons that are simultaneously plausible.
- It's simple. The less you have to make of the work to get the cover art done and if it's just as or more efficient this way, why not? You have those assets and likely concept art that needs little adjustments to make it work. For most of the games it's not hard to convince me that they look like they were concept art that was reshaded and resized.
- It attracts the eye to something in game without being too revelatory or too vague.
- Young people probably usually like the way it looks, which is also the target audience. Cool looking armor on your cover is usually easier to sell to younger people that might not even normally play cRPGs. I also think this could be a marketing factor in why the Enclave Power armor helmet was used over the tribal Power armor helmet in Fallout 2. I know Tim's talked about it and the frustration of marketing and management decisions that were made without the team's consultation. Wouldn't shock me if they were convinced that their cover art would pull more attention. The tribal Power armor might come off a bit more confusing to a potential random buyer. A fan of the first game is likely to buy it either way.

Brotherhood of Steel's cover not doing this was probably to associate it with other console games that had similar art covers if I had to take a guess. Woman + tough guy on the cover? Yeah, sounds like the marketing slop of the 2000s.

Is the Riot armor considered Power armor? I mean the principle of it is the same ultimately, so it's not like the semantics of that actually relate to what you're asking

Mostly because the power armor is very eyecatching and can make a case of branding recognition right there.
It take the visual niche in game marketing for 3decades now, so nowaday any game cover/avatar that sport a powered armor people would immediately think of Fallout. (Edit: not even StarCraft can regain this niche, even if their powered armor marines were out in same time and made much bigger splash than Fallout)
People now can sport different power armors representing Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3, 4, possibly even 76. Fallout New Vegas break the mold as in they flash with combat+filtration helmet (aka ranger helmet).
On the other hand, yeah, tough guy+gal on game cover is so generic it just doesnt make any DING! recognition flash.

Last edited:
True true, however I guess you can also look at it as The Fallout TV Show taking inspiration straight from Fallout: BOS, so that still technically makes it quite unique within the series right?

:confused: ;)
Actual game sale and discussion show that Black Male + White Woman didnt make a splash, not about FBOS. Because from what I remember, you are about the only one notice that feature in this game~ The ghoul of that cover art character choice get mentioned much more often than this example of interracial arts~

Last edited:
Actual game sale and discussion show that Black Male + White Woman didnt make a splash, not about FBOS. Because from what I remember, you are about the only one notice that feature in this game~ The ghoul of that cover art get mentioned much more often than this example of interracial arts~
there is no ghoul in the cover art? was it on the back cover? also, i love white women

Back