Thoughts on a Fallout movie?

Has there ever been a single video game based movie that wasn't shit?

Even one?

Ever?

I rather liked Need for Speed, even if it was just me. Okay, to be fair, it's not a game with continuity and they could've named it something else and there would be no difference, but it technically counts. Assassin's Creed, upcoming, looks like it might be good?

On that note, games that are based on movies got a lot better during recent years. There's Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max, so there's that.

The company's Board of Directors consists of 8 individuals:

ZeniMax's Business Advisory Board consists of 7 individuals:

I mentally rolled my eyes, sighed, and got depressed simultaneously just by looking at this "board of directors" handling the decisions that leads to game development.

Even one?

Ever?

NOPE!

I just wish there was more Fallout-y stuff outside of the video game medium (not connected to Bethesda)

Like I said, this is literally all just wishful thinking on my part.

I think I would prefer a game set in Khan's Wyoming, but a film set in the Mojave maybe either before (like the graphic novel) or after the events of New Vegas would be neat (seeing as I don't think we're gonna see New Vegas again any time soon).

Last edited:
I rather liked Need for Speed, even if it was just me. Okay, to be fair, it's not a game with continuity and they could've named it something else and there would be no difference, but it technically counts.

I always thought as F&F movies as unofficial Need for Speed movies. You've got the cars, the chicks, it's basically all there. One could have slapped the title on the film, add a small reference like Toretto saying "I'm fast... AND FURIOUS" (lel) and no one would have thought any different.

I think Fallout is one of the few game series which would have little trouble making the transition to the big screen. After all, when pitching the idea to a studio, it is as simple as saying "it is Mad Max, but with Hulks and tight spandex".

Who wouldn't pay to see that?

We get Hulks in tight spandex looking for gas.

If the ymade a Fallout movie, it would be great if they could shoot the whole movie from FP perspective. That way we could at least try and identify with the lead character

If the ymade a Fallout movie, it would be great if they could shoot the whole movie from FP perspective. That way we could at least try and identify with the lead character

Don+t+you+worry+todd+howard+i+have+pre+ordered+my+copy+_d8bcc4817153fd9648856e5452d004e3.jpg

Even one?

Ever?
Postal was pretty awesome :D
Well, compared to the rest of Uwe's Bollshit, at least.
Anyway, the Tomb Raider movies weren't too bad, and I guess Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within wasn't terrible, either.
Video games don't readily translate to the big screen, because let's face it, most video games have terrible story and terrible storytelling, at least compared to what we're used from movies and books. They just work differently and thus have to focus on different aspects to engage the viewer/player.

They made a movie of Postal?
Hell yes they did.
And it is actually not too shabby, considering Uwe Boll's usually quality standards.
/edit: I still think that the character of Max Black from 2 Broke Girls is based on the barrista from Postal.
It's also one of the few movies that shows about a dozen kids get shot in slow motion.
The movie also involves a bunch of kids get shot in slow motion, Verne Troyer punching a boy in the balls and Verne Troyer getting raped by monkeys.
It also has David Huddleston in it, the "big" Lebowski, as a grossly sexually active grandpa. That movie should be a national treasure in every country.

Last edited:
Not seen Postal, seen just about every other video game movie. Didn't like Tomb Raider, it just didn't seem to click. To me the only half decent movie was Mortal Kombat, and that's scraping the bottom of the barrel

Well it's settled! If Uwe Boll can make a good Postal movie he can make a good Fallout movie, I can't wait to see how he handles the franchise!

Can't wait. :drunk:

Sigh. There's just a part of my brain that wants Fallout to be treated with the critical respect I think it deserves. It's completely ignored by the mainstream world, but if it were a book or movie I think it would be on par with some of the classics of science fiction.

But people are right to say that if Fallout were made into a TV show or movie, it'd almost definitely be Bethesda's version of the series. Ironic that Todd should say he doesn't want Fallout in a director's hands as it would be someone else's "vision".

I would want to see a New Vegas TV show, with a few liberties made to keep the show from being too unrealistic (i.e. Give the courier a big truck or something so she can drive from town to town instead of walking a couple hundred miles like she would irl while keeping her companions, and make power armor work kinda like it does in Fallout 4 but without the time limit) and maybe try for a more idealistic ending to help reaffirm the "post-post-apocalyptic" idea of the franchise. Show it in the summer during Walking Dead's timeslot since there's already an audience for this wander around in a post-apocalypse kind of show.

OP Title: "Thoughts on a Fallout movie?"
Webster's definition of a movie: "A recording of moving images that tells a story and that people watch on a screen or television."

Didn't they do that on 11/11/15?
I'm more interested in them making another title in the Fallout franchise for the video game genre. The last one I recall was Fallout 3, you know, the one that had Benny, the NCR, Legion and the courier.

Back