Thoughts on Fallout 5 taking place in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Atomic_Spawned, May 7, 2019.

1. Atomic_Spawned

Atomic_Spawned Radiation-soaked, needs a towel.

May 7, 2019
    I think the Windy City is a prime setting for Fallout 5. There's big areas for exploration and collecting, small areas for relaxing, settling down, and hunting, and potential in a nuclear wind hazard. Let me know what you guys think.

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    As long as it's far away from the West coast I could care less.
    Although chigaco has already been done.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Atomic_Spawned

Atomic_Spawned Radiation-soaked, needs a towel.

May 7, 2019
    Fair enough.

4. das-brut'el-dood

das-brut'el-dood First time out of the vault

Feb 10, 2019
    either on the border of Canada or even better the border between Usa and Mexico.

5. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I rather liked the suggestion of a Fallout in El Paso Texas as was suggested in the fan game Fallout Lonestar even if I did not care for some of the content.
    This place played an important role of the US invasion of Mexico.

One of the cool setup ideas was that the crime cartels of Mexico switched from drug smuggling to oil smuggling as that was more profitable.

Another location I have been thinking up ideas for myself is Detroit.
    My ideas were that Detroit experienced a second economic book when "industry came back home to America" (US companies pulling out factories out of other countries when resources started to get scarce and there being the threat that they would be nationalized), Detroit being the place were fusion powered cars as well as a lot of military equipment such as Power Armor was being manufactured (r&d was done on T-45 and T-51b variants) during the resource war.

Detroit also was an important launch point for the invasion and annexation of Canada so there are a lot of remnants of military build up and support around it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Sgt. Dornan

Sgt. Dornan First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2017
    I agree with this, I live about 30 minutes from Detroit and I say there can be a lot of cool areas they could put in the game, first there is the suburbs and smaller towns surrounding downtown. There can be a area sort of like freeside from new vegas where there are some more impoverished locations, downtown can have all of the industrial areas. There is also the tunnel to canada that could play a roll. Finally there is the detroit airport which could be a really cool area to explore.

7. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Personally I would like Fallout to go back to states and not just single major cities and their surroundings.
    To much "filler" sometimes in the later games (even Fallout New Vegas).

Having access to a state provides with more options for interesting locations.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. das-brut'el-dood

das-brut'el-dood First time out of the vault

Feb 10, 2019
    Before they dare go a full country, they need to start with all buildings that are not destroyed having Interiors!

9. AeonG

AeonG First time out of the vault

Jun 12, 2016
    I'd rather not. Not only is there yet another branch of the Brotherhood there hinted in F3, but the Enclave may still have a presence there too. I'd wait a game or 2. If anything, Fallout 5 will most likely take place in San Francisco. Bethesda outright told Obsidian they couldn't make a game there because Bethesda themselves wanted to, and like Fallout 3 referenced the commonwealth, they referenced San Francisco and the Shi in 4.