Three more The Pitt screenshots

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
And three new screenshots of the Pitt, showing the arena, being attacked by a trog and raider while wielding the Auto-Axe, and a pitt slave posing with the Auto-Axe.

<center> </center>
And another tidbit: The Pitt's trailer will premiere on Spike TV/GTTV on Friday 1 am (no note on what timezone), and will show up on Gametrailers.com at some point on Saturday. We'll post on it then.

The Arena looks cool, I think. In fact I like the overall idea of the Pitt in general. It's just a damn shame it's a part of Fallout 3. I'd love to have seen some of these areas in a Black Isle - style game.

Honestly, the pitt DLC looks like its going to be waste of money.
It simply seems so pitiful,particularly the auto-axe. Is that "innovation" or "improvement" of RPG aspects ? No.

I REALLY dont see the point of calling this Fallout. Do you guys see any Fallout on those screens? I know I dont.
They managed to create a very good atmosphere , but not something I'd like to see with Fallout's brand on. Besides, I know the gameplay will be heavily loaded with bugs, bad dialogue, bad voice acting and stupid design flaws.

All biased strife aside, the arena proper does in fact look rather well done. When other elements such as NPCs and their respective voice actors are added into the equation? Who knows. Still, the environs are fucking great.

I thought it's 1am, Eastern Standard Time US, which is GMT -05:00.
Be sure to watch it all, friends!1

For some reason, listings are showing married with children in that time slot. But on spikes site it says gametrailers tv so, there you go.

I could understand that NMA posted pictures and news of the upcoming Fallot 3, because people had some hopes back then.

Now that Fallout 3 is out, and it has been proven that neither the game, nor it's DLCs are Fallout, what is the point in posting these pictures?

If Fallout BOS was far from Fallout and NMA doesn not consider it as such then The Pitt is even farther. Posting these pictures will only guarantee more "snide commenting" and thus, plus work for our beloved Brother None, who likes to keep this forum intelligent.

Unfortunately, there is nothing intelligent, or "Falloutish" to say about these poor pics.

DocConrad said:
Still, the environs are fucking great.

The environs have always been great, it’s Beth’s trump card and the one that counts most for them.
But as experience from Oblivion/Fallout 3 era has proven, it’s like driving a Ferrari car (environs) with a Trabant engine inside (gameplay/character development) and a hacked speedometer that constantly reads that you drive with 200 mph (hype).

I think the Pitt won’t be an exception to the rule. I’ll be amazed if it does.

When I see the screens, I get bored. It looks all the same, every screen they released so far.

DocConrad said:
All biased strife aside, the arena proper does in fact look rather well done. When other elements such as NPCs and their respective voice actors are added into the equation? Who knows. Still, the environs are fucking great.

Talk about bias.

I know there is no accounting for poor taste, but come on. Brick walls, steel pipes, metallic barrels, rusty construction platforms, poor lighting, even poorer texturing, and a hell of a lot of indistinctive overlaying tint. It's not 1985 and this is not Super Mario Bros. for NES. Time to raise your standards a bit.

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

200 years after a world war for resources, and yet there is still enough fuel to power the foundries of Pittsburgh.

In 200 years of no maintenance that smoke stack would be a crumbling ruin. If the global war was about resources, then why is it that Pittsburgh still has the fuel to keep that smoke stack billowing smoke 200 years after the war?

Why should I care? The people that own the franchise now certainly don't.

I like it.
Look, I agree that the dialogue and game play are likely to be huge problems. I am not saying this DLC will be worth a dam, but just judging the screen shots I think they look good. I am ok with Brick walls, steel pipes, and metallic barrels. That seems to fit the concept of the Pitt.
If this means I am bias or have poor standards then so be it.

mountaingoat said:
The environs have always been great, it’s Beth’s trump card and the one that counts most for them.
But as experience from Oblivion/Fallout 3 era has proven, it’s like driving a Ferrari car (environs) with a Trabant engine inside (gameplay/character development) and a hacked speedometer that constantly reads that you drive with 200 mph (hype).

Great analogy! :mrgreen:
It looks good enough... but seems more like any generic FPS, and they won't stop with that axe thing...

Back