Tidal wave of Broken Steel previews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Apr 22, 2009.

1. The Idiot

The Idiot It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 25, 2007
    It's from an old IRC interview, it used to be somewhere at DAC. I'll try to find it later.

edit - Here.

2. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Yeah, DaC IRC interview, Ulysses just pointed to it

Hah, good old days when Planet Fallout was still DaC.

3. lewis

lewis It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 3, 2008
    my my, another buggy mini expantion, i dont know what to say about this. fallout 3 was fun, but it wasnt the game i was waiting for

4. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Yeh, also I got recalled to this:

Sounds still harsh.

5. oihrebwe

oihrebwe Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 15, 2008
    phew, I was worried for a minute there that they were going to introduce more new enemies with god-awful amateurish stilted animations like the trogs, thank goodness they're just retexturing existing models that already have amateurish stilted animations.

6. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    it was most certainly not the droids i was looking for.

7. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
    So what happends if I contaminated the source?

8. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Most likely people start randomly dying but the survivors still haven't got a clue and act as if said person is still alive even if the corpse is right next to them.

9. Ixyroth

Ixyroth Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 18, 2008
    It should be: "A tsunami of..." since the event is due to seismic activity and not tides or lunar cycles.

But anyway, yeah go Beth. Bigger guns, better armor, more HPs, and some re-skins.

They should've handed over FO3's development to Obsidian from the get-go. No work for them, and they can take most of the profits. Even more, we actually get a decent game (probably), at least not this level of garbage.

10. Holocausto

Holocausto It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 14, 2008
    Plus hopefully BOS + any followers you had at the end know how to keep a secret to all the NPCs across the land since they presumably saw you put some unidentified canister in the purifier before you activated it and put 2 & 2 together (unless they are idiots in which case that would make the explanation much simpler & convenient). Also "feral" ghoul reavers...that throw grenades?....hmmmm. So a "feral" ghoul is one which has lost his (or her) mind yet still possess the capability to use grenades......I see (also dig the loot I'd find on them like bottle caps.....because feral ghouls need to buy stuff too....just where they purchase stuff while somehow being able to restrain their inherent madness/psychosis long enough to complete the transaction is anybodies guess). I await this next DLC (I'm not getting it btw) but I need a new round of laughing at stupid stuff and I hope beth don't disappoint (they haven't so far).

11. TheRatKing

TheRatKing Vault Dweller

Oct 7, 2008
    My first thought: "Yes finally my favorite race will get the treatment it deserves! We can get some real interaction and have meaningful conversations about their wrinkly skin!

Awww....

12. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Thus making 5.

I think the karma system will be in effect, still making you "Last best hope of humanity" even if you have performed one of the most heinous acts possible.

And don't forget, in Fallout 3 everyone forgets your crimes after three days.

13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I know its an old old old old ooold old old joke ...

But Broken STILL? Right? RIGHT?! RIIIIGHT! :clap:

14. Flashdrive

Flashdrive First time out of the vault

Oct 28, 2008
    What I find strange is that the game already has a 2 weeks later video in it, its just not used...

15. Holocausto

Holocausto It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 14, 2008
    Another game I used to play did that. Sometimes they might add in things they are going to implement in the future but just wont tell you. I don't really know the reasons behind that except for maybe making it so you have to DL less content later...but.

16. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    It is more often the case that an originally intended part of the game got cut, but the video to be used is still left in. It's possible 2 weeks later was supposed to be an option anyway, but it got cut for whatever reason.

17. Dead Guy

Dead Guy Senate Board Director oTO Moderator Orderite Board Cop oTO

Nov 9, 2008
    "which'll send you into such new areas as Adam's Air Base, accessible only through the ghoul-infested Presidential Metro"

It's pretty funny how obvious the railroading is. You're even walking on actual rails between places.

Who is giving the mutants all these fucking artillery pieces they run around with?

18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    the same people that give the Enclave all this endless Vet-Birds, Plasmarifles, Armor and Soldiers even when you never seen actualy a factory or recruiting center of them and destroyed their base 2 times.

Yes, its Bethesda ! :mrgreen: