Toxic Caves - Fallout 2 (UDK remake)

rambooze

First time out of the vault
Hey guys! I'm a big I'd say HUGE fan of the original Fallouts and I want to show you my tribute to Fallout 2. This is an UDK remake of the place Toxic caves. I think you'll be interested. Cheers! Thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j1LYb2qRMuY" frameborder="0"></iframe>

toxic_caves_01.jpg

toxic_caves_03.jpg

Awesome ,very detailed ,very cool. But where are the geckons and Smiley. ;-)
You must make more locations. Good work.

Wow. I was going into it expecting a shoddy few models in a generic cave or a Fallout 3 pandering but that blew me away. You captured it perfectly and enhanced it without taking away a single bit from the original map. And the atmosphere and style fit with the original CG cutscenes to the point where you could throw it into the game and it would fit right in.

Thanks guys. In order to avoid situations like Fartmonkey described, I attached couple screenshots from the first section of the level and embed video :)

@Fartmonkey: I'm really glad to hear words like these. I really love Fallout and tried not to spoil its atmoshere.

Holy... :clap:

Awesome work! Really impressive. Have you created anymore Fallout stuff? Love to see more.

I don't believe it.

Great detail, perfect match with the source material, excellent animations and effects added, and the entire environment created.

Had it just been a still image of the entrance or interior it would have been beautiful , but you made the WHOLE thing.

You should do professional work.

:clap: ,
The Vault Dweller

Absolutely phenomenal. Without question, the best 3d interpretation of any Fallout asset I've ever seen. Do you have any plans to do anything more along these lines?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate.
@The Vault Dweller: Thanks. I'm actually a professional environment artist in the game industry :) I did this map in my free time. It's kind of my contribution to this game, I love this game so much.
@Yamu & verevoof: May be in future I'll do something more in the Fallout world.

This is easily one of the coolest things I've ever stumbled upon on these boards.

Much appreciated and :ok:!

Words cannot describe the chill of awesomeness that went down my spine when I watched the video. Bravo! :clap:

That is what I imagine a Fallout movie would look like if they decide to do those in 3D.

Ditto what everyone here says. This was awesome. I had a sheepish smile on my face watching that, it almost felt like a gift given me :D

Beautiful. I wish the stylization of current and future 3D Fallout titles would have looked like this. Awesome job. If you will have some more time to spare, please make as some more :) Thank You for doing this!

Everyone else has already said what I would say. Great detail and great atmosphere, and please. Continue. Also, you said that you're in the game industry as a professional environment artist? What, specifically? I'd love to see some more of what you can do.

Wow, man. This has to be one of the best OPs ever.
This is so amazing. I would love to see more.

Huge thanks guys! I really appreciate it. The opinion of players is the most valuable because for who we actually make games!? For you :) I worked almost 2 years on this level and I'm really glad that it wasn't just a waste of time. That gives me strength to do more stuff :) I hope to find a free time some day and make something else from Fallout universe.

@UndeadNecro: Currently I work at Gameloft and the nearest project that I've been working on is Modern Combat 4. There are couple levels, including Barcelona, where I put a lot of work. But unfortunately to work at home and at company are two different things. At home I'm an environment artist, a texture artist, an art-director ect. and I do what I want to do but at work we have an art direction. Anyway I hope you'll like it :)

Fartmonkey said:
Wow. I was going into it expecting a shoddy few models in a generic cave or a Fallout 3 pandering but that blew me away. You captured it perfectly and enhanced it without taking away a single bit from the original map. And the atmosphere and style fit with the original CG cutscenes to the point where you could throw it into the game and it would fit right in.

The elevetor on the side of the bottom floor didn't exist in the original if i remember it right? But besides that he got it all in. Even the boots in the locker :D

The only thing i din't like was the goo. It didn't really look gooi but maybe thats just me?

Back